£5000 Hand in Glove Mayking

It probably is the 84 TP. When i asked the seller for the matrix numbers this was his response...

"Not sure if you can see these clearly - they are both from the A side. It reads RT 131 A-2U-1- the reverse I could not get a clear image of. The A side is properly stamped, the reverse looks to be hand scribed, possibly why I couldn't get a clear image and reads RT-131-B"

As for why there's no stamping or writing on the b side i have no idea why.

When in doubt i usually go straight to PJLM, which would suggest its a 1986 London - Morrissey TP??

Well spotted:
UK 7" - Mayking test pressing [Rough Trade RT131]
The story of this oddity which surfaced in 2012 in unclear but it may be a test pressing for the 'London-Morrissey' repressing of the single from around 1986 (see top of this page for description). The record bears generic Mayking labels, the same ones seen on other Mayking test pressings of Smiths singles. However, unlike other Mayking test pressings this one is not date-stamped. The only handwritten text on the labels is the side letter, "Smiths" on the "Cat.No." line and that side's title on the "date" line. Additional information is welcome.
RT 131 A-2U-1- Kiss My Shades / RT-131-B (no message on side B)

Dave

Back
Top Bottom