"Även de mest lojala överger Morrissey" by Martin Söderström - Aftonbladet

An anonymous person send the link:

Även de mest lojala överger Morrissey - Aftonbladet
Ikväll skulle han spelat i Sverige
by Martin Söderström

Google Translate to English:

Even the most loyal abandon Morrissey
Tonight he would have played in Sweden

Tonight Morrissey would have been on stage at Dalhalla . Now it was not. The whole European Tour was canceled and the question is inevitable:

Is this the end for Morrissey?

In recent years , Morrissey's star has been in free fall. Not because of bad discs or tired concerts. These were the interviews that eventually broke us.

We sighed desperately when he spoke insensibly about the bombing in Manchester. We were ashamed when in Der Spiegel called Berlin for "the capital of the rapists" (because of immigration, what else?). We did not believe our ears when he expressed sympathy for the former English Defense Leagu leader and also the Muslim hater Tommy Robinson . And we lost the air when he, at best Breitbart manners, began to shout about "the loony left", mainstreammedia's oppression and Hitler my left.

When the singer this spring urged his listeners to vote for the High Extreme, Islamist Ukip Breakers in Britain, the bottom was reached. In the end, even his most loyal defender did not even hurt him anymore. That is the reason why Moz does not appear in a lime off-road outside Rättvik this evening.

The official explanation for the slipped tour is of course a completely different one. "Logistical circumstances", it is called. Instead, it was about sluggish ticket sales. The places Morrissey previously sold out in the past, still had unsold plates left. An insider revealed that until the Edinburgh concert, 400 of the 2 500 (scary) tickets had been spent just weeks left for showtime. In Sweden, it looked the same. My Swedish industry source confirmed that the concert at Dalhalla was "really far from sold out".

Of course, pop stars also have the right to say almost anything. But the recipient is also entitled to respond and act. In the United States, much is said to "vote with your dollar". That's exactly what Morrissey's audience did. Thousands of disappointed ex-fans have chosen not to fund Mozzers fall.

I'm one of them. For too long, I defended. Seemed idiotic statements in context. Tried to understand. Excused. Would you like the man behind the songs that saved my life would not have been transformed into their own antites.

I was wrong.

Moz, once all the outside world's own patron saint, stands alone.

To trot his own song Boxers:

"Your weary fans are walking away".

IKEA says hello to all Moz fans and still wants you to shop and they state they do not share the view of the article.

s-l1600_48ac422d-5c3a-4c66-995e-abbb51fb12c7_480x480.jpg

It seems that Martin did not even made the effort to do some research and just made collage of all the other articles we have been reading in these days. All this Morrissey hate is boring. If he comes to Ireland again I'll be there too.

It seems that Martin did not even made the effort to do some research and just made collage of all the other articles we have been reading in these days. All this Morrissey hate is boring. If he comes to Ireland again I'll be there too.

You don't know Martin.You really don't. He's a long-standing collector and fan. So don't make things up.

And enjoy your racist mate.

I don't know Martin, but the article is poor. It's not really adding anything. I totally respect his decision not to be a fan anymore. He can do what he feels, but I still don't like the article mainly because it's lazy. From a long standing fan I wold have expected a deeper analysis.

Martin the skinhead and his new fave band:

byline_ny210

He's no one here and I've never heard of him until today which says it all. Skinny pretending to know him once again confirms he is a fantasist.

Martin is on twitter and still has Viva MozArmy added.

Martin Söderström
@marressey
Journalist & writer. Freelance, formerly @aftonbladet || Culture | Tech | TV | Music | Mental health || Private tweets. Survivor. INFJ-T. Viva #MozArmy.
Martin is a typical hipster soy boy from Söder in Stockholm where people are known to hate their own white race and live in denial at the expense of the tax payers.

I don't know Martin, but the article is poor. It's not really adding anything. I totally respect his decision not to be a fan anymore. He can do what he feels, but I still don't like the article mainly because it's lazy. From a long standing fan I wold have expected a deeper analysis.
It's the worst I've ever read and lacks just about everything and Lokko and Hakelius must be giggling at this fanzine like article written by someone with the mental age of 15.
Make that 12!

Burn motherf***er burn!

My dad claims the swedish flag is stained by nazi blood and he never stands up for the national anthem so that became a bit exciting when we went to a football match and the ones around him wondered why but being him he always answered and swedes being swedes they rolled their eyes like cows and sat down again.

Mooooooooooooooo!

these f***s are so full of their own self importance,you don't like him anymore but you cant just keep it to yourself you have to let the world know you don't like him anymore.hope hes reading this,we know he will be,wank.

400 tickets - thought it was more than that to be honest
who is this insider,its a classic trait which newspapers have been using for years.an insider said,a friend of was quoted to say,nobody knows how many tickets were sold,and if anyone believes the insider then they will believe anything,in fact i guarantee he got that figure from this website.

quick question what are all the dark coloured albums,its not multiple echo albums.good for you for posting,i must be a right asshole because I am the same as you,the voice and wit are too good for me to look elsewhere for an inferior singer.
You have not watched for one second have you.

SHE WAS A FRIGGING LABOUR PARTY CANDIDATE!!

That's exactly what I think and feel.
And I think i'm not alone about this.

Too bad for Moz.... Good choice for me...
good choice for us as well,hope you will now f*** off to a dave Haslam event.

Back
Top Bottom