"Även de mest lojala överger Morrissey" by Martin Söderström - Aftonbladet

An anonymous person send the link:

Även de mest lojala överger Morrissey - Aftonbladet
Ikväll skulle han spelat i Sverige
by Martin Söderström

Google Translate to English:

Even the most loyal abandon Morrissey
Tonight he would have played in Sweden

Tonight Morrissey would have been on stage at Dalhalla . Now it was not. The whole European Tour was canceled and the question is inevitable:

Is this the end for Morrissey?

In recent years , Morrissey's star has been in free fall. Not because of bad discs or tired concerts. These were the interviews that eventually broke us.

We sighed desperately when he spoke insensibly about the bombing in Manchester. We were ashamed when in Der Spiegel called Berlin for "the capital of the rapists" (because of immigration, what else?). We did not believe our ears when he expressed sympathy for the former English Defense Leagu leader and also the Muslim hater Tommy Robinson . And we lost the air when he, at best Breitbart manners, began to shout about "the loony left", mainstreammedia's oppression and Hitler my left.

When the singer this spring urged his listeners to vote for the High Extreme, Islamist Ukip Breakers in Britain, the bottom was reached. In the end, even his most loyal defender did not even hurt him anymore. That is the reason why Moz does not appear in a lime off-road outside Rättvik this evening.

The official explanation for the slipped tour is of course a completely different one. "Logistical circumstances", it is called. Instead, it was about sluggish ticket sales. The places Morrissey previously sold out in the past, still had unsold plates left. An insider revealed that until the Edinburgh concert, 400 of the 2 500 (scary) tickets had been spent just weeks left for showtime. In Sweden, it looked the same. My Swedish industry source confirmed that the concert at Dalhalla was "really far from sold out".

Of course, pop stars also have the right to say almost anything. But the recipient is also entitled to respond and act. In the United States, much is said to "vote with your dollar". That's exactly what Morrissey's audience did. Thousands of disappointed ex-fans have chosen not to fund Mozzers fall.

I'm one of them. For too long, I defended. Seemed idiotic statements in context. Tried to understand. Excused. Would you like the man behind the songs that saved my life would not have been transformed into their own antites.

I was wrong.

Moz, once all the outside world's own patron saint, stands alone.

To trot his own song Boxers:

"Your weary fans are walking away".

FFS they were ALL GOING TO SELL OUT AS USUAL>:lbf:

had it not been for the SNOWFLAKE AYATOLLAH HASLAAM DANGER:openmouth:
accosting MOZ FANS:rage:

But those seating plans won't show how many tickets have been bought up by re-sellers, though - who may not manage to sell them on, so they're not really sold (ie bums on seats) at all. I don't know what the correct figures are, but like the OP says further up the thread, ticket sales have become a murky business and it's hard to tell what's what.
Also, not all tickets were available for sale on one website alone. Seating plans on a website will show what is left of THEIR allocation, and are not therefore indicative of sales/availability in general.

But those seating plans won't show how many tickets have been bought up by re-sellers, though - who may not manage to sell them on, so they're not really sold (ie bums on seats) at all. I don't know what the correct figures are, but like the OP says further up the thread, ticket sales have become a murky business and it's hard to tell what's what.

This is very true of all concerts no matter who the artist is.
In Dublin recently Taylor Swifts promotion s gave 50 tickets to my friends place of work for their clients who have disabilities. A nice gesture but my point is they obviously weren't selling so they wanted bums on seats
And this in soite óf all the marketing she has at her disposal.
Her ticket prices were up there too so why do people here grumble about morrissey s ticket prices? .

Moz - The world won't listen - but Tel Aviv will. We love you - we miss you - we need you - we want you.

Also, not all tickets were available for sale on one website alone. Seating plans on a website will show what is left of THEIR allocation, and are not therefore indicative of sales/availability in general.
This isn't correct. Ticketmaster had an exclusive deal.

You all slag him off but you all live off him..... my god you all make me sick

i couldn’t be bothered to read this Blogger. The world is full of empty angry bloggers and Moderators. If ever a person needed religion these types do. Yawny yawn.:crazy:

quick question what are all the dark coloured albums,its not multiple echo albums.good for you for posting,i must be a right asshole because I am the same as you,the voice and wit are too good for me to look elsewhere for an inferior singer.
The other albums are porcupine and heaven up here by Echo and other one is The Doors first album.

Incorrect. There were tickets for sale for the U.K. gigs on gigsandtours and see tickets at least, in addition to Ticketmaster.

Everything that you type is uneducated nonsense
Even “Malcom Tucker” is a ball bag of a name.

Everything that you type is uneducated nonsense
Even “Malcom Tucker” is a ball bag of a name.
Again incorrect, as I can at least format a message properly on here, but as you seem to resort to personal insults on a whim you’ll excuse me if I treat your opinion without a modicum of importance.

l
The other albums are porcupine and heaven up here by Echo and other one is The Doors first album.
Looks like a good collection ug,i used to love those plastic album sleeves,kept the albums in perfect condition.

There we go again!! Adding more wood to the fire!!:swear BORING!!!!!!!!:sleeping:

I reckon there is no way I am wasting 10 seconds of my life and reading what a Nazi wrote about Uncle Steve while pissed off because he just had to wait 4 hours in line for his McRib at McDonalds at the "food square". You foreigners need to stop whining and move on. Steve hates all of you and now his true colors are showing. In Moz Angeles and most of the USA his popularity has stayed the same since 1991. No one talks shit about Steve. I reckon the photo shows a Sex Pistols and Uncle Steve CD and John Lydon and Steve live so far away from you people in Malibu. Get the hint?
Seriously? Since 1991? Morrissey would die happy if he could sell out the forum again. And that's saying something.

My boyfriend works in the Edinburgh Usher Hall/Festival Theatre circuit and he got it from the system that 1,583 tickets were sold. Not bad considering the top circle was closed. Too expensive the ticket prices were and so soon since the last tour so that didn’t help, along with his recent comments too probably didn’t help either.

A host of my posts not published earlier today cause of a very insecure and hateful moderator but someone here (Gregor Samsa) made a complete fool of himself.
I met Hakelius at the militar test facility in Solna in 1986. Thanks to the others who cleared things up when that someone talked about something without having any kind of knowledge.

Ian McCulloch is second only to Moz as my fave singer of all time. And I may add lyricist as well. Great man.
And again, who cares if their last records are not up to the standards of the older works or haven't sold as well.
They've earned legendary status a long time ago. Just like Moz/Smiths have.
Morrissey is my favourite. There are still so many fans that love Morrissey here in Britain and in Europe this article is very misleading and is totally wrong.

Ian McCulloch from 'Echo & the Bunnymen' is great too. Do you know if Ian McCulloch has ever said anything negative about Morrissey? I really hope that Ian McCulloch likes Morrissey.

I liked the late Pete Burns from 'Dead or Alive' as well.

Brian Harvey who was the lead singer in the boy band 'East 17' is an interesting character as well. I like how he is now standing up to the music industry. East 17 never made it big in America but they were big in Britain in the 1990s. I don't know if Morrissey is aware of Brian Harvey's story. Their music is very different. This recent interview is very interesting and relevant about the mainstream media, freedom of speech and the Tommy Robinson case. Brian Harvey is a proper down to earth working-class Londoner. The American radio introduction is a bit long but then it goes into the interview. Christine Hart is interviewing Brian Harvey:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom