"Även de mest lojala överger Morrissey" by Martin Söderström - Aftonbladet

An anonymous person send the link:

Även de mest lojala överger Morrissey - Aftonbladet
Ikväll skulle han spelat i Sverige
by Martin Söderström

Google Translate to English:

Even the most loyal abandon Morrissey
Tonight he would have played in Sweden

Tonight Morrissey would have been on stage at Dalhalla . Now it was not. The whole European Tour was canceled and the question is inevitable:

Is this the end for Morrissey?

In recent years , Morrissey's star has been in free fall. Not because of bad discs or tired concerts. These were the interviews that eventually broke us.

We sighed desperately when he spoke insensibly about the bombing in Manchester. We were ashamed when in Der Spiegel called Berlin for "the capital of the rapists" (because of immigration, what else?). We did not believe our ears when he expressed sympathy for the former English Defense Leagu leader and also the Muslim hater Tommy Robinson . And we lost the air when he, at best Breitbart manners, began to shout about "the loony left", mainstreammedia's oppression and Hitler my left.

When the singer this spring urged his listeners to vote for the High Extreme, Islamist Ukip Breakers in Britain, the bottom was reached. In the end, even his most loyal defender did not even hurt him anymore. That is the reason why Moz does not appear in a lime off-road outside Rättvik this evening.

The official explanation for the slipped tour is of course a completely different one. "Logistical circumstances", it is called. Instead, it was about sluggish ticket sales. The places Morrissey previously sold out in the past, still had unsold plates left. An insider revealed that until the Edinburgh concert, 400 of the 2 500 (scary) tickets had been spent just weeks left for showtime. In Sweden, it looked the same. My Swedish industry source confirmed that the concert at Dalhalla was "really far from sold out".

Of course, pop stars also have the right to say almost anything. But the recipient is also entitled to respond and act. In the United States, much is said to "vote with your dollar". That's exactly what Morrissey's audience did. Thousands of disappointed ex-fans have chosen not to fund Mozzers fall.

I'm one of them. For too long, I defended. Seemed idiotic statements in context. Tried to understand. Excused. Would you like the man behind the songs that saved my life would not have been transformed into their own antites.

I was wrong.

Moz, once all the outside world's own patron saint, stands alone.

To trot his own song Boxers:

"Your weary fans are walking away".

You're responding to the resident troll, who spends his life posting shit that hardly anyone responds to. He is beyond help, so most people leave him to it. Shame that someone will he will pass through their time on earth having achieved absolutely nothing and end up in an unmarked grave.

Skinny, Simon posted one of your photos up over at the Blue Rose Blog:straightface: A 65 year old hipster.doh:So sad, with the little tiny hipster hat.....:tiphat: tshirt 2 sizes too small.......with a slightly demented look in the eyeballs.
Gained considerable weight since the TV appearance.:smirk: The whole thing is quite troubling to look at.

You're responding to the resident troll, who spends his life posting shit that hardly anyone responds to. He is beyond help, so most people leave him to it. Shame that someone will pass through their time on earth having achieved absolutely nothing and end up in an unmarked grave.
Point me to it when the day comes, and I'll mark it.

Oh, I do know what's coming if you have it your way. As does anyone with a smattering of history. And smart people won't run, not this time.
Shame you're not one of them but even the stupid run all the time so go fetch those trainers.

That's an impressive amount of fallacy crammed into a single paragraph.

1. It is plainly absurd to assert that "racism" has no meaning. Websters simple definition is this: "Racism is a belief that one race is superior to the other or the practice of treating a person or group of people differently on the basis of their race. An example of racism is believing that Caucasians are superior to African Americans.". It is an obvious fact that there is in the world people and acts that meet this definition. Even if that was not the case, it would still describe a possibility, which is more than sufficient for a concept to have meaning.
2. You don't know me, and have no basis whatever for making assumptions about how I have been employing the term "racism".
3. You are contradicting yourself: If "racism" has no meaning, than how do you judge if people use it in the wrong way?
4. You appear not to understand the difference between meaning and usage. Even if you did know me, and you had a workable and valid definition of what was the right or wrong way to use the term, and your accusation that I or others are using it wrongly was warranted, that still would not mean the term has no meaning. It would just mean some people used it wrongly. In which case, a reasonable response would be to use it rightly and call out those who didn't.

All of that of course in the event that you're actually interested in thinking straight. As opposed to engaging in embarrassing sectarian gutter rethoric.

We're talking about two different things and you haven't updated to 2018 but well done for stealing the racism card from those that actually needed it.
The idea of racism is merely an opinion and no one listens to you and I think more people need to realise their views and ideas and lives simply does not matter.
There are people among muslims that want to kill the likes of you and there are people among the true right wingers that want to do the same.
You are gonna find yourself cornered with nowhere to run and that is the result of betraying your own race and tribe. The rest of us want to live on without your self hate destroying our society even more.

I was a little pissed for a hot minute there, but now I just feel kinda sorry for the dude.
I heard about the new NZ law that allows victims of domestic violence to get time off work and had no idea that NZ seems to be the worst place on earth when it comes to domestic violence and the statistics are quite horrendous.
Why is that such a huge social problem down there?

I heard about the new NZ law that allows victims of domestic violence to get time off work and had no idea that NZ seems to be the worst place on earth when it comes to domestic violence and the statistics are quite horrendous.
Why is that such a huge social problem down there?

Wow you really keep up with things don't you? Unfortunately you are correct which leads us to a difficult and multi layered conversation. A large percentage of the domestic violence comes from within the Maori/Pacific Island communities. Traditionally within these communities parents discipline their kids in a very very tough manner, ''beatings' are often a way of life.

Now you also have to factor in that Maori/Pacific Islanders make up a large proportion of our unemployed/sickness beneficiaries and lower income workers, which in turn leads to a larger percentage of them having drug and alcohol related issues. If we look at any socio-economically challenged geographic around the world this is not uncommon. As you can guess when you put alcohol and drugs into an already combustible environment of family violence it only worsens it.

Part of the overall problem is Maori and Pacific Island kids traditionally struggle at schools, often leaving at 15 with no or every little decent education thus continuing a pattern of generational welfare. Funnily enough the last govt we had was a conservative govt who had trialed 11 'charter' schools that catered mainly to maori and Pacific island kids. the schools themselves worked outside of the traditional 'european' style of education, a style that has been failing these 'brown' kids for generations, yet was meeting with great success.

However although the schools were govt backed, being that they were to some extent experimental they were not unionised. Our last election under a wacky mixed member system, Labour (liberal) party came to power with only 36% of the popular vote with a somewhat shonky coalition agreement with a couple of other parties. Labour is a party very much governed by what the unions say and the unions of course demanded that these charter schools be shut down even despite the success they were having. Ironically Labour derives a lot of its vote from working class Maori and Pacific Island people who now feel very let down by a party which should be representing their interests more than it has in this situation. Our new SJW virtue signalling PM, Jacinda Ardern has the cheek to turn up to these schools for their awards ceremonies handing our certificates only to promptly start the process of shutting them down a few weeks later! A few of the students have been very vocal about how angry they are that she used them for a photo op only to close their schools.

Anyhoo I bring it up because I feel as though education is the one tool we have to break this cycle of poverty and also generational domestic violence that plagues our country.

Please let me be clear, lest anyone else read this post and want to jump in, I'm not saying domestic violence doesn't occur within other demographics in NZ, just that the percentage within Maori/Pasifika is disproportionately high.

Luckily we are now seeing some leaders within these communities starting to come out publicly and admit their is a problem and reaching out within these communities to take greater personal responsibility and I think this is also part of the key to changing behaviours. We need people in these communities to reach out to their friends, relations etc who they know are beating their spouses/kids and say 'hey it's not cool, but how can we work together to help change this?'

Sadly we also have I think the highest youth suicide rate in the world (which baffles me) and this problem reaches across all ethnicities, and is really high amongst our young males.

We have our challenges for sure.

P.S I think the law change is actually a good one. We need more support for people in these situations. For once I something in common with the Green party, LOL.

Wow you really keep up with things don't you? Unfortunately you are correct which leads us to a difficult and multi layered conversation. A large percentage of the domestic violence comes from within the Maori/Pacific Island communities. Traditionally within these communities parents discipline their kids in a very very tough manner, ''beatings' are often a way of life.

Now you also have to factor in that Maori/Pacific Islanders make up a large proportion of our unemployed/sickness beneficiaries and lower income workers, which in turn leads to a larger percentage of them having drug and alcohol related issues. If we look at any socio-economically challenged geographic around the world this is not uncommon. As you can guess when you put alcohol and drugs into an already combustible environment of family violence it only worsens it.

Part of the overall problem is Maori and Pacific Island kids traditionally struggle at schools, often leaving at 15 with no or every little decent education thus continuing a pattern of generational welfare. Funnily enough the last govt we had was a conservative govt who had trialed 11 'charter' schools that catered mainly to maori and Pacific island kids. the schools themselves worked outside of the traditional 'european' style of education, a style that has been failing these 'brown' kids for generations, yet was meeting with great success.

However although the schools were govt backed, being that they were to some extent experimental they were not unionised. Our last election under a wacky mixed member system, Labour (liberal) party came to power with only 36% of the popular vote with a somewhat shonky coalition agreement with a couple of other parties. Labour is a party very much governed by what the unions say and the unions of course demanded that these charter schools be shut down even despite the success they were having. Ironically Labour derives a lot of its vote from working class Maori and Pacific Island people who now feel very let down by a party which should be representing their interests more than it has in this situation. Our new SJW virtue signalling PM, Jacinda Ardern has the cheek to turn up to these schools for their awards ceremonies handing our certificates only to promptly start the process of shutting them down a few weeks later! A few of the students have been very vocal about how angry they are that she used them for a photo op only to close their schools.

Anyhoo I bring it up because I feel as though education is the one tool we have to break this cycle of poverty and also generational domestic violence that plagues our country.

Please let me be clear, lest anyone else read this post and want to jump in, I'm not saying domestic violence doesn't occur within other demographics in NZ, just that the percentage within Maori/Pasifika is disproportionately high.

Luckily we are now seeing some leaders within these communities starting to come out publicly and admit their is a problem and reaching out within these communities to take greater personal responsibility and I think this is also part of the key to changing behaviours. We need people in these communities to reach out to their friends, relations etc who they know are beating their spouses/kids and say 'hey it's not cool, but how can we work together to help change this?'

Sadly we also have I think the highest youth suicide rate in the world (which baffles me) and this problem reaches across all ethnicities, and is really high amongst our young males.

We have our challenges for sure.

P.S I think the law change is actually a good one. We need more support for people in these situations. For once I something in common with the Green party, LOL.
Damn dude, I totally forgot about the maoris and swedish news being fake news of course never mentioned that.
I've seen them on that NZ police show and how they always deal with them.
It's like when a terrorist in Syria is called swedish here cause the news still believe they can lie and make people in general believe that Sven went to Syria to fight for ISIS.
Thanks for explaining it but I should have understood all that myself. It was on the news today and I rarely watch the state news but since we have these wildfires we've been having an eye on it.
They said the NZ police are called out cause of domestic violence every 4th minute!

Damn dude, I totally forgot about the maoris and swedish news being fake news of course never mentioned that.
I've seen them on that NZ police show and how they always deal with them.
It's like when a terrorist in Syria is called swedish here cause the news still believe they can lie and make people in general believe that Sven went to Syria to fight for ISIS.
Thanks for explaining it but I should have understood all that myself. It was on the news today and I rarely watch the state news but since we have these wildfires we've been having an eye on it.
They said the NZ police are called out cause of domestic violence every 4th minute!

It's a lot but I'll let you in on some secrets. Callouts increase over the weekend and increase over I think it is 8pm which of course is when more alcohol and drugs are taken. Callouts also increase on the day of benefit payments because again once money goes in it also then (sadly) goes straight down to bottle shops and meth dealers. Now i'm not saying this happens with ALL beneficiaries, but it does with a decent proportion of those on welfare and callout stats reflect this.

Like any country welfarism costs us millions upon millions every year in policing, court costs, healthcare etc. We need to try and find away to smash generational welfare as it is the first step to improving a lot of the other issues already discussed.

It's a lot but I'll let you in on some secrets. Callouts increase over the weekend and increase over I think it is 8pm which of course is when more alcohol and drugs are taken. Callouts also increase on the day of benefit payments because again once money goes in it also then (sadly) goes straight down to bottle shops and meth dealers. Now i'm not saying this happens with ALL beneficiaries, but it does with a decent proportion of those on welfare and callout stats reflect this.

Like any country welfarism costs us millions upon millions every year in policing, court costs, healthcare etc. We need to try and find away to smash generational welfare as it is the first step to improving a lot of the other issues already discussed.
Yeah, same problems pop up everywhere and people on welfare tend to have far too many kids which is so weird. The brainy people struggle more to have kids for some reason so the less brains the more offspring.

You're responding to the resident troll, who spends his life posting shit that hardly anyone responds to. He is beyond help, so most people leave him to it. Shame that someone will pass through their time on earth having achieved absolutely nothing and end up in an unmarked grave.
Yep, your life story is a really sad one but at least they will make a movie about it that will have us all in tears.

Skinny, Simon posted one of your photos up over at the Blue Rose Blog:straightface: A 65 year old hipster.doh:So sad, with the little tiny hipster hat.....:tiphat: tshirt 2 sizes too small.......with a slightly demented look in the eyeballs.
Gained considerable weight since the TV appearance.:smirk: The whole thing is quite troubling to look at.
He is on medication for depression and that adds pounds.

Yeah, same problems pop up everywhere and people on welfare tend to have far too many kids which is so weird. The brainy people struggle more to have kids for some reason so the less brains the more offspring.
You are correct in that in NZ families on welfare tend to be much bigger. Again not all, but a large number of women on the benefit will pop out another kid (by another partner) as it guarantees income. Look I'm not against having a social support safety net but it is undeniably an insidious side effect of benefits for solo mothers. I'm sure you've seen the Larry Elder interview with Dave Rubin where he rages on about the effects it has had on the black communities in America?

You are correct in that in NZ families on welfare tend to be much bigger. Again not all, but a large number of women on the benefit will pop out another kid (by another partner) as it guarantees income. Look I'm not against having a social support safety net but it is undeniably an insidious side effect of benefits for solo mothers. I'm sure you've seen the Larry Elder interview with Dave Rubin where he rages on about the effects it has had on the black communities in America?
No I haven't but I will and in Sweden we have loads of slum mums on welfare who prefer to stay at home ahead of working as if they could ever find a job. They all smoke around the kids and drag their feet forward wearing crocs and the menu consists of takeaway.
If they get a job it is in the grocery store checkout and they remain there until they become OAP's. This all sounds like the kind of drama movie I love.
I don't need to say that the men that donated sperm are long gone and have gone missing and in a way they are an ever bigger problem.

We're talking about two different things and you haven't updated to 2018 but well done for stealing the racism card from those that actually needed it.
The idea of racism is merely an opinion and no one listens to you and I think more people need to realise their views and ideas and lives simply does not matter.
There are people among muslims that want to kill the likes of you and there are people among the true right wingers that want to do the same.
You are gonna find yourself cornered with nowhere to run and that is the result of betraying your own race and tribe. The rest of us want to live on without your self hate destroying our society even more.

Well, I don't think I'll spend any more time pursuing this disappointingly futile exchange. I'll just briefly note the wonderful irony of being accused of not having updated to 2018 by someone who prefers to think in terms of tribal allegiance.

Well, I don't think I'll spend any more time pursuing this disappointingly futile exchange. I'll just briefly note the wonderful irony of being accused of not having updated to 2018 by someone who prefers to think in terms of tribal allegiance.
Tribalism will always be part of who we are but some soy boys as yourself are too weak to be members of a tribe and the tribe will shun you like you were some amish outcast but their fashion sense will fit your hipster profile well.

You'll come back for more as that is what living with doubt does and nature always sets people straight in the end. Your new lifestyle theories are getting down voted by nature every day of your life and will until you fall back in line again.

:crazy:

'prefers to think in terms of tribal allegiance':drama:

You sound like you are in a snowflake cult.:ahhh: Which one?doh:

I don't really trust Richie Allen, Ian R Crane (from 'Red Ice Radio'), Q Anon, 'Zeitgeist: The Movie' (which is very against Christianity)... and so on.

I don't trust Rupert Murdoch.

Max Clifford died at the end of last year 2017 in hospital after collapsing in prison he must of known so much about the establishment.

This YouTube video by 'Reverend Simon Sideways' is really good. He isn't a real 'Reverend' I think that his real name is Simon Evans. In this video he talks about Brian Harvey, the Tommy Robinson event in London (there was both support for Tommy Robinson and Donald Trump in London), Jon Wedger, 'Brit Girl', 'Redpill Phil' (who is a black guy who sounds like he comes from Manchester) and the 'Eddieisok' interview with Brian Harvey. He also talks about 'Antifa' (which is a militant anti-fascist group), the Tommy Robinson case, Sadiq Khan and freedom of speech. See link:

To be fair I don't think many people trust Rupert Murdoch.

'Reverend Simon Sideways' or Simon Evans or whatever his real name is seems to be a member of "For Britain" (Anne Marie Waters' political party).

I don't really know who Jon Wedger is.

I think Antifa are the militant anti-fascist group which were going to try and disrupt Morrissey's concerts (which have now been postponed) here in the UK.

I think I understand what a 'Cointelpro' is. I guess it stands for 'counter-intelligence programme' maybe? Which means they might of worked for or still might be working for MI5 or MI6 (British counter-intelligence and security agency and the Secret Intelligence Service). In America they have the FBI and the CIA. Or they are what some others call "controlled opposition" within the 'truth' movement.

I never, ever thought I would see discussion like this on a MORRISSEY forum. This is so 2018... So bitterly partisan, so loud, so ignorant. What has the internet done to us?

We are all here as fans of an effete, pretentious gay man who writes touching lyrics about the woes of the marginalized outcasts in society. He does this so well because he writes from experience, of course. That's what is, to me, so strange about his recent embrace of the alt-right. I suppose being xenophobic is a powerful "drug" that has lead him down this path; a path he has long flirted with that I always wrote off as him just trying to be a pretentious edge-lord, but he has finally gone off the rails.

But then, if Morrissey wasnt gay, rich, and famous what would he be: an incel. A pretentious, edge lord-y incel. And we all know the only thing incels love more than their waifu body pillow is the alt-right, for a myriad of confusing and/or laughable reasons. Just an observation I came to minutes ago but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense!

But I digress, it is just sad that it has come to all this on a forum about a preening, mopey 80s indie pop star. Sad that the angry discourse that permeates Facebook, Twitter, etc has found its way onto a relatively obscure site about an underground rock singer... A thing I don't think could have happened even 2 years ago. Although, I guess this is what happens when the man himself inserts his ignorant opinion into this awful culture war.

For what it's worth tho; I'm throwing my lot in with the people who are fed up with Moz's crap. I always knew he was a big pretentious baby but his behavior lately takes the cake. The whole damn cake-ha!

I still think he's a brilliant artist whose work with the Smith's is unimpeachable, and whose solo work stands heads and shoulders above much of the pop/rock music of the past 20 years (tho I haven't personally liked an album all the way thru since Ringleader), but I'm done standing up for him and buying any further music/merch from him. He's thrown his lot in with the fascists, and seems to be on some sort of sad downward spiral even before these comments, and it is all his own doing.

I don't see the point in defending him any more. And shocking: he's canceling tour dates, as per usual. I'm surprised he didn't release a statement saying it had nothing to do with crap sales, but aaaactually cause he got, like, TRIPLE pneumonia! 400 tickets sold tho? Now that's comedy!

I never, ever thought I would see discussion like this on a MORRISSEY forum. This is so 2018... So bitterly partisan, so loud, so ignorant. What has the internet done to us?

We are all here as fans of an effete, pretentious gay man who writes touching lyrics about the woes of the marginalized outcasts in society. He does this so well because he writes from experience, of course. That's what is, to me, so strange about his recent embrace of the alt-right. I suppose being xenophobic is a powerful "drug" that has lead him down this path; a path he has long flirted with that I always wrote off as him just trying to be a pretentious edge-lord, but he has finally gone off the rails.

But then, if Morrissey wasnt gay, rich, and famous what would he be: an incel. A pretentious, edge lord-y incel. And we all know the only thing incels love more than their waifu body pillow is the alt-right, for a myriad of confusing and/or laughable reasons. Just an observation I came to minutes ago but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense!

But I digress, it is just sad that it has come to all this on a forum about a preening, mopey 80s indie pop star. Sad that the angry discourse that permeates Facebook, Twitter, etc has found its way onto a relatively obscure site about an underground rock singer... A thing I don't think could have happened even 2 years ago. Although, I guess this is what happens when the man himself inserts his ignorant opinion into this awful culture war.

For what it's worth tho; I'm throwing my lot in with the people who are fed up with Moz's crap. I always knew he was a big pretentious baby but his behavior lately takes the cake. The whole damn cake-ha!

I still think he's a brilliant artist whose work with the Smith's is unimpeachable, and whose solo work stands heads and shoulders above much of the pop/rock music of the past 20 years (tho I haven't personally liked an album all the way thru since Ringleader), but I'm done standing up for him and buying any further music/merch from him. He's thrown his lot in with the fascists, and seems to be on some sort of sad downward spiral even before these comments, and it is all his own doing.

I don't see the point in defending him any more. And shocking: he's canceling tour dates, as per usual. I'm surprised he didn't release a statement saying it had nothing to do with crap sales, but aaaactually cause he got, like, TRIPLE pneumonia! 400 tickets sold tho? Now that's comedy!
The trouble with people is that they even care!
His cancelled gigs were always the best ones.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom