Morrissey Central “SAY IT LOUD, I’M ME AND I’M PROUD.” (September 29, 2021)

MORRISSEY CENTRAL

“SAY IT LOUD, I’M ME AND I’M PROUD.”

1) World Peace Is None Of Your Business.
2) Ringleader of the Tormentors.
3) You Are The Quarry.
4) Bona Drag.
5) Vauxhall and I.
6) Your Arsenal.
7) Louder than Bombs.
8) Strangeways, Here We Come.
9) Rank.
10) Swords.
11) California Son.
12) I Am Not A Dog On A Chain.
13) Years Of Refusal.
14) Low In High School.
15) Southpaw Grammar.
16) Beethoven Was Deaf.
17) Meat Is Murder.
18) The Queen Is Dead.
19) Maladjusted.
20) Viva Hate.
21) Greatest Hits.
22) Hatful of Hollow.
23) Singles.
24) Live at Earls Court.
25) The World Won't Listen.
26) Kill Uncle.
27) The Best Of.
28) Very Best Of.
29) The Smiths.
30) Rare.

Images omitted.
Zero context given around numbering.
Regards,
FWD.

The top ten albums via most played individual songs live:

1. Viva Hate (EDILS, Suedehead)
2. You Are The Quarry (FOTGTD, IB,EH, LMKY, Bores)
3. Hatful Of Hollow (HSIN?)
4. Vauxhall & I (Speedway)
5. Years Of Refusal (Paris)
6. Meat Is Murder (MIM)
7. Maladjusted (Alma)
8. Ringleader... (YHKM)
9. Bona Drag (NSAM)
10. Beethoven Was Deaf (Ripper)

That took the first 14 most played tracks live to generate 10 albums.
This was not based on total amount of songs played from each album - the following shows that:

1. Covers - 4107
2. You Are the Quarry - 2063
3. Viva Hate - 1543
4. Ringleader of the Tormentors - 1456
5. Years of Refusal - 1374
6. Vauxhall and I - 1326
7. Your Arsenal - 1143
8. Bona Drag - 1140
9. World Peace Is None of Your Business - 1132
10. Maladjusted - 763
(11. World Of Morrissey - 690)

11. is included if you want to discard cover versions
All makes for intresting reading (courtesy of setlist.fm).
Regards,
FWD.

His last 3 albums are tasteless, no quality control, and boring. There are no iconic songs that will stand the test of time, whereas Vauxhall contains, More you Ignore me, Hated for Loving, Now my heart is full.....
Not to mention Speedway and Hold on to your friends...

If we strip this list of the comps/live it is not that strange a list:

1) World Peace Is None Of Your Business.
2) Ringleader of the Tormentors.
3) You Are The Quarry.
4) Bona Drag.
5) Vauxhall and I.
6) Your Arsenal.
7) California Son.
8) I Am Not A Dog On A Chain.
9) Years Of Refusal.
10) Low In High School.
11) Southpaw Grammar.
12) Maladjusted.
13) Viva Hate.
14) Kill Uncle.

1) Strangeways, Here We Come.
2) Meat Is Murder.
3) The Queen Is Dead.
4) The Smiths.

Only thing that is really surprising is Viva Hate so low on the list.
But, but; Bona is a comp. Just saying.

I think we're just chatting. Maybe I'm wrong.

I didn't mean you in particular. More the people who act like it's the end times because Morrissey likes an album they can't stand and doesn't rate his work from 35 years ago higher than anything he's done since lmao
(which would be really f***ing sad btw)

His last 3 albums are tasteless, no quality control, and boring. There are no iconic songs that will stand the test of time, whereas Vauxhall contains, More you Ignore me, Hated for Loving, Now my heart is full.....
Herr hysterically harsh. I must object. Witnesses for the defence: Israel, Home Is A Question Mark, Spent The Day In Bed, Once I Saw The River Clean, Darling I Hug A Pillow, My Hurling Days Are Done, Bobby Don't You Think They Know, Oboe Concerto, Istanbul. Great songs. Why do you want another Vauxhall, when he already did that.

Why does he keep putting Rank so highly?
it is an excellent quality live album, both content and general quality of production, and live albums used to be more of a thing back in the day, more so than now can you think of a live album by any present-day star worth having? I always thought a live album an art form in itself, maybe he does, and remembers putting it together and being proud of the result and that's stayed with him.

Herr hysterically harsh. I must object. Witnesses for the defence: Israel, Home Is A Question Mark, Spent The Day In Bed, Once I Saw The River Clean, Darling I Hug A Pillow, My Hurling Days Are Done, Bobby Don't You Think They Know, Oboe Concerto, Istanbul. Great songs. Why do you want another Vauxhall, when he already did that
So why not ranking the unrankable? Bobby is a stinker, btw.

What are you talking about, besides the title track, this and im talking Deluxe version is perfection. Staircase,Arthounds, instanbul,one of of our own,Julie in the weeds, and I haven't even got to the singles from this project....gee wiz....
but it is all about the deluxe version.

Well - what's on the horizon? No shows, no deal, decimated fan-base - what would you do?

What's on the horizon for you? Finish that novel? Written in your own shit on the kitchen wall.

Herr hysterically harsh. I must object. Witnesses for the defence: Israel, Home Is A Question Mark, Spent The Day In Bed, Once I Saw The River Clean, Darling I Hug A Pillow, My Hurling Days Are Done, Bobby Don't You Think They Know, Oboe Concerto, Istanbul. Great songs. Why do you want another Vauxhall, when he already did that.
Mentioning StDiB, Bobby and Israel in the same breath as those classics from Vauxhall is downright offensive.

Rare Tracks - 1998 - 6 track Japan only release (Japanese rarity 🤣). B-Sides from the Maladjusted singles

Singles - 1995 - All the Smiths singles
I figured the same but I was surprised that an out of print Japanese EP would make the list and I thought (could be misremembering) that Singles was a WEA cash-in totally devoid of his or Marr's authorization.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom