10-28-91 Vancouver, British Columbia

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
I've been on Vacation long enough...I'm sure you're sick of seeing me post everywhere but here...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P6HTW25M

Details courtesy of Passions

28 October 1991
PNE Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
Sister I'm A Poet
Piccadilly Palare
Alsatian Cousin
November Spawned A Monster
Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
My Love Life
Driving Your Girlfriend Home
King Leer
The Loop Pashernate Love
Everyday Is Like Sunday
That's Entertainment
Our Frank
Suedehead
Disappointed (with Cosmic Dancer intro)
/Interesting Drug
/Mute Witness

The first date of the final leg of the Kill Uncle tour was a success despite trouble with security. Morrissey interacted with the audience more than usual.

The setlist was very similar to what it had been on the previous leg, including new composition "Pashernate Love". The latter was performed here for the second time ever, and the first time in North America where it would not be released for almost another year. The setlist also included part-timers "Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together" and "That's Entertainment", but not part-timer "There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends", or regulars "Asian Rut" and "Sing Your Life".

After "Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together", Morrissey had a short discussion with someone in the front rows: "I suppose err... say? Twenty? Twenty years old? Evelyn?" But his most interesting comment came right after "Suedehead" when he apologised for the rough security: "I'd just like to say, as usual, we're very sorry that the security is so stupid... (crowd cheers) and also, i'd just like to point out that, it's not really that I have anything to protect... as you can see from around you, and... what? Well that's all really..."

In "Piccadilly Palare" Morrissey slightly changed one of the final lines by singing "No Dad, I won't be home tomorrow, No Dad, I won't be home tonight". After "Suedehead", the band started to play "Cosmic Dancer", but one line into the song, they abruptly switched to "Disappointed", as they had been doing since the middle of the previous leg. In "Disappointed", Morrissey abruptly ended the song after the line "This is the last song I will ever sing", dropping the microphone and leaving stage followed by his band members. "Interesting Drug" was followed by "Mute Witness" without any break, as it did in the previous leg. However this pairing was unusually slotted as the encore, when before it was played early in the set.

Back
Top Bottom