14 worst moz/smiths songs?

• Thread starter unhappy birthday
  • Start date
Believe it or not, I live in Kansas. Been a fan since I was five. I have been to Toronto and saw a game in the old Maple Leaf Gardens. It was one of the greatest times of my life. Toronto is a great city. I also go St. Louis everytime the Leafs are in town. It sucks being here because I can only watch about five game a season on TV. I need a satelite.

I Don't Mind If You Forget Me (FU%*ING AWFUL)
Do Your Best And Don't Worry
What She Said
Golden Lights
Money Changes Everything
The Draize Train
Found Found Found
Sorrow Will Come In The End
You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby
Barbarism Begins At Home
Papa Jack
Sweet And Tender Hooligan
My Love Life

> Believe it or not, I live in Kansas. Been a fan since I was five. I have
> been to Toronto and saw a game in the old Maple Leaf Gardens. It was one
> of the greatest times of my life. Toronto is a great city.

I saw Morrissey at Maple Leaf Gardens on September 15, 1992. Fond memories of the Garden. R.I.P Toronto is fabulous. I'd live there if I could afford it. The rent is insane. For a bachelor pad, you're looking at around $1300.00 / month. CRAZINESS. It's such an exciting city though. So much culture. So many things to do. Fun stuff. The best is the gay pride parade in the summer. (no, i'm not gay) It's a blast! Last summer, they estimated a million people attended~! One big party. A sample: Hot cowboys and ugly naked guys. Could life get any better? LOL

pic100285.jpg

I've asked before, now again..WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE "DEATH AT ONE'S ELBOW"????????????? I love it!

i don't hate it -- it's just not a favorite

i used to like it a lot, but the more i listen to it, the more i think the lyrics are just not some of morrissey's best at all.

Re: I've asked before, now again..WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE "DEATH AT ONE'S ELBOW"????????????? I love

What's there to like about it? I've heard better lyrics come from Britney Spears. Oh good god. It's official -- I'm going to hell. Please forgive me for that statement. But you have to admit -- those lyrics are pretty shit. Oh well. To each his own I guess. *shrug* I don't hate it -- I just dislike it very much.

> 4) wide to receive (the title puts dirty thoughts in my head.)

Wow, that's my 2nd favorite on Maladjusted! (After "Trouble Loves Me.")

sorry oaf, i can't please all of the people all of the time. :p i didn't say it was a bad song, just that it's not my fave.

Ask
This Charming man
tony the pony
michaels bones
We'll Let You Know
I Am Hated For Loving
Southpaw
Papa Jack
He Cried
Sorrow Will Come In The End

and all Smiths instrumentals.

so, there you have it.

Whats with the TCM backlash??

I can't believe noone has commented on the inclusion of This Charming Man? I still love that song. Its a matter of taste but I'm just surprised. Oh well.

Mine are:
Papa Jack
November Spawned A Monster (always hated that one)
Unhappy Birthday (poor)
Dial-A-Cliche
Sorrow Will Come In The End (still convinced it was dropped from the album just cos its shit)
Meat Is Murder
Oscilate Wildly
Money Changes Everything
Heir Apparent
The Operation (I like it apart from the drum solo)
Found Found Found
King Leer
Roy's Keen!!!!!

There are others that my opinion wavers on from time to time but I rarely like these. For the record I actually love Pregnant For The Last Time and Paint A Vulgar Picture is one of my all time favourites...

> I Am Hated For Loving

wow!! This is a great song! One of the best of Vauxhall, IMO.

Funny you should bring up the gay issue (I am not either). When I was there, I stayed at The Selby, off of Bloor St. Anyway the hotel is next to a gay club called Boots. Everyone that worked at the hotel was gay/lesbian. I didn't find this out until a few days into the trip but the clues that led up to it made the days interesting. I thought about moving there too, but like you said, the cost of living there was just too much. Maybe someday.

> Funny you should bring up the gay issue (I am not either). When I was
> there, I stayed at The Selby, off of Bloor St. Anyway the hotel is next to
> a gay club called Boots. Everyone that worked at the hotel was
> gay/lesbian. I didn't find this out until a few days into the trip but the
> clues that led up to it made the days interesting. I thought about moving
> there too, but like you said, the cost of living there was just too much.
> Maybe someday.

Yeah, I accidently wandered into the gay district (Church Street) without realizing it. We were in Toronto for the Depeche Mode concert a couple of summers ago and we went to a friend of a friends house for drinks before the show. We decided to go grab some more beer from the beer store and it just so happened that it was smack dab in the middle of the gay district. There was all these GORGEOUS men walking around in short shorts and no shirts. Tons of guys having drinks on the outdoor patios, guys walking around carrying wigs, etc. It was so amazing. I've never seen anything like that before. One of the guys that was with us (who is straight as well), was a little freaked out. He was carrying a case of beer on his shoulder and one of the gay guys says "oooh.... hey handsome -- where's the party?" HAHA I thought he was going to die. It was so funny.

So you'd really consider moving from Kansas to Canada? I think you should. It's the best place to live. Have you lived in Kansas your whole life? How do you like it there?

Anyway -- let me know when you're moving to Toronto. Maybe we can split the rent. LOL

Yeah, I was actually shocked by the number of gay people in Toronto. I didn't know that much about the city and did not know what to expect, but everywhere I went there were gay couples around. The hotel staff were really nice and told me some places to go (restaurants...) and some places not to go (the gay bar next door).

I would love to live in Toronto. It is like New York in the sense that you always have something to do. But it also like Kansas in the sense that everyone is friendly and helpful (obviously not everyone, but I have always been treated very well). Yes, I have lived in Kansas my whole life (I am 26) although I have tried to travel around the globe. Kansas is fine. You may equate it to going to Winnipeg (although Kansas City has more people and more things to do, but not much more). The people are really nice and life is pretty slow. A great place to raise children. Is that enough of an advertisement not to come here? Haha. Anyway, its fine, no matter where I would move to, Kansas is always home and I would always come back.

Maybe in a few years I will be able to give Toronto another chance, and when I do, I will look you up. We could take in a few Leafs games. It is always nice to have a friend.

Hey, Terror, guess what??!! We've been in the same store!! That beer store on church st.
For the first few days I stayed at The Marriot Courtyard just a 5-minute walk away on Yonge Street. A girlfriend visited for the weekend from halifax, and we went there to stock up. Whenever in halifax I was in a place that didn't sell guinness, I would get this dark beer called 'Clancy's'.
Anyway, I asked for it at the beer store in toronto and they didn't have any.
And and and and and AND -shock horror!- they had never heard of it!!! Is it only a nova scotia beer?? Have you heard of it??
It was a terrible experience. I've since had trouble sleeping. I ended up with some other dark stuff, but it wasn't clancy's (sob).

I also watched the Leafs (shouldn't that be 'leaves'?) in a bar on tv beating the Ottawa team ( is it the senators?). This was May last year. Then onto the street party on Yonge until 3am.
Loads of cars had their roof dented from people jumping on them. Surely the owners knew this would happen? So why drive down there? Bunch of canadian crazies! Cheers.

> Yeah, I accidently wandered into the gay district (Church Street) without
> realizing it. We were in Toronto for the Depeche Mode concert a couple of
> summers ago and we went to a friend of a friends house for drinks before
> the show. We decided to go grab some more beer from the beer store and it
> just so happened that it was smack dab in the middle of the gay district.
> There was all these GORGEOUS men walking around in short shorts and no
> shirts. Tons of guys having drinks on the outdoor patios, guys walking
> around carrying wigs, etc. It was so amazing. I've never seen anything
> like that before. One of the guys that was with us (who is straight as
> well), was a little freaked out. He was carrying a case of beer on his
> shoulder and one of the gay guys says "oooh.... hey handsome --
> where's the party?" HAHA I thought he was going to die. It was so
> funny.

> So you'd really consider moving from Kansas to Canada? I think you should.
> It's the best place to live. Have you lived in Kansas your whole life? How
> do you like it there?

> Anyway -- let me know when you're moving to Toronto. Maybe we can split
> the rent. LOL

> A great place to raise children. Is
> that enough of an advertisement not to come here? Haha.

Amen to that! LOL Remind me not to visit Kansas anytime soon. Crazy breeders.

I'm 27 and I've lived in the same city my whole life. The only difference is I haven't travelled the globe. I went to Florida when I was about 12 and that's it. I'm going to Hollywood in 35 days though!!! (for the Moz convention) God. It couldn't come sooner. I'm very excited. Could you do me a favour though? Could you make a plea to your dumbass president and tell him to at least hold off on the war until Tara is safely back in Canada? Thanks.

> Maybe in a few years I will be able to give Toronto another chance, and
> when I do, I will look you up. We could take in a few Leafs games. It is
> always nice to have a friend.

Sounds like a plan! I don't watch sports on TV but live is a whole different matter. I use to go to hockey games with my dad when I was young and it was very exciting.
Another reason I'd love to live in Toronto is that's where all the concerts are. I hate having to drive up to T.O all the time. Once in awhile, bands will play in Hamilton, ON but not very often. I did see Moz at Hamilton Place Feb. 16th, 2000. It was AMAZING!!!! Front row centre. Can't get any better than that.

I'll be heading up to T.O again this summer for the parade. Last year we stayed at the Royal York. Swanky stuff! That's where the Queen stays when she comes to Canada! (not that that's a ringing endorsement for the place. haha) The Vegetarian Food Fair is in September as well. I went last year. It was pretty good. Lots of yummy food.

> Hey, Terror, guess what??!! We've been in the same store!! That beer store
> on church st.
> For the first few days I stayed at The Marriot Courtyard just a 5-minute
> walk away on Yonge Street. A girlfriend visited for the weekend from
> halifax, and we went there to stock up. Whenever in halifax I was in a
> place that didn't sell guinness, I would get this dark beer called
> 'Clancy's'.
> Anyway, I asked for it at the beer store in toronto and they didn't have
> any.
> And and and and and AND -shock horror!- they had never heard of it!!! Is
> it only a nova scotia beer?? Have you heard of it??

WOW!! Small world eh Patrick? I can't say I've ever heard of Clancy's. It must be a N.S beer or something. I'm not a big beer drinker though so you're asking the wrong person. We have a few Irish pubs around here. I bet they serve it there.

> I also watched the Leafs (shouldn't that be 'leaves'?)

LMAO! I never really thought about that! Nobody ever accused us of being the sharpest tools in the shed.

> Bunch of canadian crazies! Cheers.

It's the law. You have to be crazy to be Canadian. Take me for example. I'm one nutty broad. (incase you haven't noticed)

You should come to Kansas sometime. Don't let me stop you. Haha GW hasn't returned my calls recently, but I will see what I can do. Why don't you travel? Do you go across Canada? I have only been to Ontario and Manitoba. I would like to see B.C, but not stay too long. I need to go to Toronto just to visit. It has been six years. That is too long. I need to check out the Air Canada Centre. Are you a vegetarian? I just started a month ago.

This has nothing to do with this subject. Leafs and I are just chatting it up.

Thought I'd put that disclaimer in there before people start getting pissed off. LOL

> Why don't you travel? Do you go across Canada? I have only been to Ontario > and Manitoba.

Sadly, you've seen more of Canada than I have. I've never been out of Ontario. It is sooooo expensive to travel in my own country. It's ridiculous! Get this -- I'm paying $341 CDN (round trip) for my plane ticket to California and it would cost me about $700 CDN just to go to Alberta! Isn't that insane? I could go to Paris for less money. That's quite sad. I really do need to start travelling. My ex and I were suppose to go to Greece this July but that fell through a bit ago.

> I need to check out the Air Canada Centre.

I was just there in Novemeber. Tori Amos was playing. I was also there in October of 2001 to see Jane's Addiction. I assume you want to go to see hockey though right?

> Are you a vegetarian? I just started a month ago.

Indeed I am. It has been about 7 years now. Best decision I ever made. I'm not a full vegen yet. I do drink soy milk and eat soy mozzerella cheese but I still eat ice cream, cheddar cheese, etc. My rule is -- if it had a face or a parent -- I don't eat it. That's fish, chicken, anything.
What made you make the switch to vegetarianism? For health reasons? Animal issues? Mine is because of the animals. I love them dearly and can't bring myself to frying them in a pan. Everyone thinks I'm so healthy because I'm veggie but I still eat loads of junk food.
Do you have a lot of veggie products there in Kansas? It's getting a lot better around here. There's even a completely vegetarian restaurant in Niagara Falls, ON (which is 15 mins. away from me). http://www.xinvego.com/ Good stuff! There's also tons of faux meat products in the grocery store. If you have any questions or need some recipes, etc -- just ask. I have tons!

Back
Top Bottom