1900's Any Fans?

Hidden By Rags

treading lightly
I've been listening to them a lot again recently. Should be on the songs obsessed thread.

Their best songs are not on myspace, but one of my favorites on there is 'Collections', which has a great bass line and is just full of great harmonies and overall musicall goodness.

http://www.myspace.com/1900s

Last edited:
I've been listening to them a lot again recently. Should be on the songs obsessed thread.

Their best songs are not on myspace, but one of my favorites on there is 'Collections', which has a great bass line and is just full of great harmonies and overall musicall goodness.

http://www.myspace.com/1900s

Yes, I love them. They are a Chicago band, local to me, and I've seen them live several times. I gather they are writing and recording and have trimmed their lineup somewhat- they were about eight people at one time.

Really great, thank you...i shall investigate further.
I was getting confused with the 1990's..silly sod that i am.
xx

Yes, I love them. They are a Chicago band, local to me, and I've seen them live several times. I gather they are writing and recording and have trimmed their lineup somewhat- they were about eight people at one time.

Lucky you. Did you see them recently with British Sea Power? BSP were supported by another group on the west coast. Would have been a great double-bill for me.

Here's Wool of the Lamb

Charlie, their myspace page calls out to you!

Lucky you. Did you see them recently with British Sea Power? BSP were supported by another group on the west coast. Would have been a great double-bill for me.

Here's Wool of the Lamb

Charlie, their myspace page calls out to you!

Cold and Kind is my favorite of their songs.

I did see them with British Sea Power, at the Empty Bottle, great tiny club. I liked them better than BSP.

I just checked, they have no gigs scheduled now. :(

I did see them with British Sea Power, at the Empty Bottle, great tiny club. I liked them better than BSP.

Better than BSP??? Although you can hardly compare two totally different groups. But BSP's sublime songs don't compare, just my 2 cents' worth!

Oh and to Charlie, I vaguely recollect that other band, and now I know why after further investigation. And I generally don't like saying that about most bands coming out of Scotland.

Love them, thanks to Pregs asking me to this show (I liked them a lot better than BSP). Cold and Kind is a great album, their harmonies are gorgeous, the music is light, trippy, happy and fun...very 60-ish vibe -right up my alley. :) Jeanine ('lead' girl) whacks the hell outta the tamborine!! :guitar:

Pregs, I'm hoping they play at one of the many street festivals this summer! :guitar:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom