1984, 1994, 2004, 2014. What's your favorite studio album from these albums spaced a decade apart ?

1984, 1994, 2004, 2014. What's your favorite studio album from these albums spaced a decade apart ?

• bonus: I like/love them equally

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: 1984, 1994, 2004, 2014. What's your favorite studio album from these albums spaced a decade apa

im just gonna rank them instead of choosing only one cause it was a hard choice.

world peace

you are the quarry

the smiths

vauxhall and i

Re: 1984, 1994, 2004, 2014. What's your favorite studio album from these albums spaced a decade apa

Vauxhall

WPINOXB

The Smiths

Quarry

1. The Smiths- Yes the production may not be brilliant, but its rawness appeals to me to the extent that I regard it as one of Morrissey's greatest works, bettered only by The Queen Is Dead, Viva Hate and Bona Drag (if we should count that alongside the studio albums, though lets not get into that debate again....)
2. You Are the Quarry- A few lyrical gaffes aside this is still one of the best solo albums, with Let Me Kiss You being the only skippable song.
3. Vauxhall and I- In the better half of the solo albums certainly, but never quite had the effect on me that it seems to with most fans.
4. World Peace- A improvement on Ringleader and Refusal at least, though lets be honest that wouldn't have taken much.

Ranked:
1. Vauxhall
2. The Smiths
3. World Peace
4. Quarry

Cool poll, BG. Interesting to consider them by decade like this.

Ranked:
1. Vauxhall
2. The Smiths
3. World Peace
4. Quarry

Cool poll, BG. Interesting to consider them by decade like this.

My exact list, in that order.

I love The Smiths. Yes, many of those songs sounded much better live, but the songs are of such quality and the rawness of his voice can't be beat. You can really feel the emotion in his singing, plus there was a pink edge to it.

2. You Are the Quarry- A few lyrical gaffes aside this is still one of the best solo albums, with Let Me Kiss You being the only skippable song.

Whaaaaat? LMKY is my favourite song off Quarry and one of my favourite Morrissey songs ever.

1. Vauxhall
2. The Smiths
3. Quarry
4. World Peace

1. Quarry
1. World Peace
3. Vauxhall
4. The Smiths

-though I love them all, so its a moot point really :rolleyes:

1984. I think Vauxhall is by far his most over rated album.

1. Quarry
2. The Smiths
3. V & I
4. "World Peace..."

1) The Smiths: Morrissey Unleashed
2) Vauxhall: Morrissey Perfected
3) Quarry: Morrissey Triumphant
4) World Peace: Morrissey Agonistes

This is a difficult poll. In general, I think the work of the Smiths is far superior to anything from Morrissey's solo career. I mean it's far superior to anything else musically in general. I really like the early Smiths period the best. I enjoy the raw more punk/post-punk influenced songs. Yet, I also think the production on The Smiths is just terrible. I barely ever listen to that album--even though many of favorite songs are on it--mostly because they are also on Hatful of Hallow and sound better.

I don't know, I think I am going to have to back and re-listen to The Smiths before voting.

Alright, I am listening to the Smiths right now (thrilling Sunday I know) and I am not quite all the way through Reel Around the Fountain and I forgot how much more I preferred the Smiths versus to the Hatful one. For this song alone, I am going to have to go with the Smiths.

Production isn't that bad (and it wasn't exactly great on some of the other albums listed as well). I don't know why I don't listen to this one more. I think it is has to do with the fact that I own a shitty bootleg version of it that I bought my mistake...

Now that "You Have Everything Now" is playing I am definitely thinking The Smiths is the best choice.

Back
Top Bottom