Ambitious Outsiders
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
Roy's Keen
Speedway
Now My Heart Is Full
Paint A Vulgar Picture
The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
/Shoplifters Of The World Unite

To many fans' great relief, Morrissey proved the tour cancellation rumours wrong by taking the stage again in Vancouver, after just one cancelled date. The man was enjoying himself and seemingly over the "Chicago flu". He looked full of energy and ready to resume the tour. Security was only made up of a few men and no barrier, so it wasn't tight enough to prevent some stage climbing. However fans were rather reserved and didn't take advantage of this until the encore. The setlist returned to the earlier standard of 14 songs. The concert was unfortunately not sold out.

Morrissey started the concert with a big "Good morning!" before going into the standard set opener "Maladjusted". After "The Boy Racer", he asked someone in the audience "Why?". In "Alma Matters" a line was changed to "So, the life I have made may seem sick to you". Morrissey missed one line in "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get" but he just grimaced and kept on singing. After "Roy's Keen" he asked "Are you all bored stiff yet? (crowd: no!) You will be!". During "The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils", a fan made it on stage and under cheers from the audience, knelt before Morrissey to show him a "MOZ" tattoo on his back. Morrissey then grinned and turned to the audience with the look of someone impressed.

During the encore of "Shoplifters Of The World Unite", Morrissey's shirt was ripped off his body and thrown into the crowd. He could not finish the song because he almost fell down backwards from colliding with fans who had climbed on stage, so he decided to leave. The band immediately followed him, being themselves unable to finish the song. Many people were disappointed by this abrupt ending and started shouting at the fans on stage. They blamed them for cutting the show short, not knowing that "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" was the last song on the set list anyways.

"Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself" was heard soundchecked. It would be added to the tour setlist at the end of the month.

info from passions just like mine

Back
Top Bottom