2010 - set to be the worst year to be a Moz fan since 2001?

Re: give him a break

I feel that the first paragraph of what you said, namely the last part, makes no sense/has nothing to do with what this thread is obviously about. I think sometimes you should not judge and just let people say things. Perhaps it's time to get off that high horse for once. just saying...

Skinner... no one is free in here...

I don´t see it as pessimism. that would be to say that Morrissey is unlikely to ever tour or record/release new songs again.
it´s realism.
he seriously needs to recharge his batteries - the same old same old won`t be good enough.
he needs a year off (from touring and releasing new stuff) at the very least, and I`m sure he would be the first to admit it...

Completely agree, Maurice. His last two breaks-- between "Viva Hate" and "Kill Uncle", and between "Maladjusted" and "You Are The Quarry"-- were tough to live through, as fans, but when he emerged on the other side he was making great music again. I would like to see him follow your advice. I loved "Years of Refusal" but another one like it might be falling into a rut.

I'm willing to let him have a year off, but no more than that.

Dream 2010 for our hero...

Autobiography out in the summer with series of interviews (radio, TV and mags) but no singing...

Ace stand alone Xmas single or EP, but no touring.

Other than that the man enjoys his downtime and gets some rest!

Dream 2010 for our hero...

Autobiography out in the summer with series of interviews (radio, TV and mags) but no singing...

Ace stand alone Xmas single or EP, but no touring.

Other than that the man enjoys his downtime and gets some rest!

Sounds like a bloody good year to me. He needs a rest, he so deserves it.

Two months of doing nothing or finding love or wandering the working class streets of England until something... clicks. Then five months of writing with the lads. Keeping it loose. Just seeing what happens. No pressure. Fifteen demos recorded by August. Into the studio September. Album out in the new year.

Oh, and Boz is producing: it's time.

Yeah, stay positive, bro. He needs to get HEALTHY first. His diet is obviously not conducive to staying fit. He should try cutting out all the plant matter, too. Maybe survive on pills and bong water?

I loved "Years of Refusal" but another one like it might be falling into a rut.

If you loved it, why would another one like it be 'falling into a rut'? What more can he do than keep releasing records the fans love?

What does the future hold? What does the next minute hold? It all rests as ever on determination – that which springs from somewhere deeper than the body. Record label interest is zero, but the sun will creep back into the room one way or another. It always does.

Small and bowed, I offer you my eternal thanks, and my hopes for a steady 2010, full of good grace and no darkness.

MORRISSEY
London, December 2009.

You feel better now ME?

What does the future hold? What does the next minute hold? It all rests as ever on determination – that which springs from somewhere deeper than the body. Record label interest is zero, but the sun will creep back into the room one way or another. It always does.

Small and bowed, I offer you my eternal thanks, and my hopes for a steady 2010, full of good grace and no darkness.

MORRISSEY
London, December 2009.

You feel better now ME?

it's a nice message. it kind of confirms what I'm saying, though, if anything. Morrissey's stock is at a low ebb. there's no record company interest. his sales have plummeted. the tour was fraught with problems.
it's pretty depressing, though, that he thinks Quarry, ROTT and YOR contain his best material. the consensus from the fans is that 2000-2009 has been his weakest decade to date, in terms of the quality of the songs.
the good news is that Moz is reasonably positive and clearly wants to continue. I still expect there will be very little activity in 2010 - that's all I'm saying!

Last edited:
it's a nice message. it kind of confirms what I'm saying, though, if anything. Morrissey's stock is at a low ebb. there's no record company interest. his sales have plummeted. the tour was fraught with problems.
it's pretty depressing, though, that he thinks Quarry, ROTT and YOR contain his best material. the consensus from the fans is that 2000-2009 has been his weakest decade to date, in terms of the quality of the songs.
the good news is that Moz is reasonably positive and clearly wants to continue. I still expect there will be very little activity in 2010 - that's all I'm saying!

every black cloud has a silver lining.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom