2010 - set to be the worst year to be a Moz fan since 2001?

Maurice E

2001 was a grim old time, wasn't it?
No sign of a tour or a record label, let alone a new album. The longest period (in the history of Mozdom) without a new record (id est, four years). All we had to keep us amused were a few rumours on this very site.
Can anyone offer up any evidence to suggest that 2010 won't be just as bad, if not even worse?

Last edited:
give him a break

2001 was grim old time, wasn't it?
No sign of a tour or a record label let alone a new album. The longest period (in the history of Mozdom) without a new record (id est, four years). All we had to keep us amused were a few rumours on this very site.
Can anyone offer up any evidence to suggest that 2010 won't be just as bad, if not even worse?

*sigh*

I know you're facing redundancy and uncertain future, however, I know two people who are having hard time than you.
I really admire them because they try to be stay positive.

Seriously Morrissey needs to rest well, hopefully both sides will benefit from it later.

*EDIT*
Actually I'm planning to post series of polls to determine Top 100 iconic images of Morrissey since 1983 in 2010! :D

Last edited:
Never mind all that speculation Maurice E, in the 80's some of us had to buy the old tape recordings such as Strangeways, but live to tell the tale

It doesn't really matter if he wants to retire or not, tour or not, he's earned it after all, and all of his songs will live on long after he's gone, which is the important thing in the end

2001 was grim old time, wasn't it?
No sign of a tour or a record label let alone a new album. The longest period (in the history of Mozdom) without a new record (id est, four years). All we had to keep us amused were a few rumours on this very site.

See the thread named "After Ventura - all over?" in General Discussion. Morrissey has never been more prolific and I don't see him stopping. What I think we see is him pushing himself because he loves it and doesn't want to stop.

See the thread named "After Ventura - all over?" in General Discussion. Morrissey has never been more prolific and I don't see him stopping. What I think we see is him pushing himself because he loves it and doesn't want to stop.

it's been a pretty disastrous year, commercially, for Morrissey, and the Swords tour has arguably been his most problematic to date.
he needs to take time off - of that there can be no doubt. whether it's one year, three years or five (or more) is the question...

it's been a pretty disastrous year, commercially, for Morrissey, and the Swords tour has arguably been his most problematic to date.
he needs to take time off - of that there can be no doubt. whether it's one year, three years or five (or more) is the question...

Taking time off of showbusiness doesn't increase your popularity, and it may not be what Moz wants, regardless of what we think. I've seen a lot of people say he needs a vacation, I don't think that's necessarily so. He knows himself better than we do. Maybe touring less intensively. And as far as studio albums, he can do that any time he wants, with or without a vacation.

Re: give him a break

*sigh*
I know you're facing redundancy and uncertain future, however, I know two people who are having hard time than you.
Seriously Morrissey needs to rest well, hopefully both sides will benefit from it later.

*EDIT*
Actually I'm planning to post series of polls to determine Top 100 iconic images of Morrissey since 1983 in 2010! :D

I'm not talking about my own situation (a big fat redundancy cheque will do very nicely, thank you very much!) but the the situation with regard to what Morrissey's doing. his tumbling record sales and (arguably) disastrous Swords tour suggests to me that he'll be needing to take quite a significant amount of time away from the public glare...

He must rest. But I'll miss hearing from him and reading about him. I wish he could have a blog (I can dream) to write in sometimes, to let us know what work he was planning/doing (he can't just sleep all day and all night).

He must rest. But I'll miss hearing from him and reading about him. I wish he could have a blog (I can dream) to write in sometimes, to let us know what work he was planning/doing (he can't just sleep all day and all night).

Blog? No way! Morrissey would never do a blog. I think things will go (very) quiet for now on. :(

2001 was a grim old time, wasn't it?
No sign of a tour or a record label, let alone a new album. The longest period (in the history of Mozdom) without a new record (id est, four years). All we had to keep us amused were a few rumours on this very site.

why don't you save your pessimism for 2010?

Taking time off of showbusiness doesn't increase your popularity, and it may not be what Moz wants, regardless of what we think. I've seen a lot of people say he needs a vacation, I don't think that's necessarily so. He knows himself better than we do. Maybe touring less intensively. And as far as studio albums, he can do that any time he wants, with or without a vacation.

This.

Anyway, lets not get too pessimistic just yet. Who knows, it could be a great year to be a Moz fan.

In 2010? Apparently, he will explode.

Oh and how very unlike M-E to be the voice of doom and gloom around here. :rolleyes:
All we need now is V95 to chip in and it'll be Ho Ho Ho and break out the egg-nog!

why don't you save your pessimism for 2010?

I don´t see it as pessimism. that would be to say that Morrissey is unlikely to ever tour or record/release new songs again.
it´s realism.
he seriously needs to recharge his batteries - the same old same old won`t be good enough.
he needs a year off (from touring and releasing new stuff) at the very least, and I`m sure he would be the first to admit it...

In 2010? Apparently, he will explode.

Oh and how very unlike M-E to be the voice of doom and gloom around here. :rolleyes:
All we need now is V95 to chip in and it'll be Ho Ho Ho and break out the egg-nog!

if you bothered to read my posts, you`d see that I strenuously disagree with Vauxhall 95 about the quality of Morrissey`s recent songs.
plenty of wonderful songs in the 2009 batch and YOR is easily his best post-comeback album.
but 2010 is still likely to be (and probably needs to be) a very quiet year for S Morrissey.

I have heard rumours (rumours, mind!) that he is currently considering a T in the Park offer. There is a good chance he will do some festivals I would think...

Re: give him a break

*sigh*

*EDIT*

I feel that the first paragraph of what you said, namely the last part, makes no sense/has nothing to do with what this thread is obviously about. I think sometimes you should not judge and just let people say things. Perhaps it's time to get off that high horse for once. just saying...

Back
Top Bottom