2013 baseball season

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent

hope springs eternal in baseball and though I will be (mostly)watching my Dodgers from afar :straightface:
the new owners have spent a ton of $ on new players :eek:
so really, anything less than a pennant will be a disappointment :o
what about your team?
or who do you think is gonna do well?
&
were you as surprised as me that the (hated?) Giants won it all last year? :cool:

Jose+Bautista+Dwayne+Murphy+Boston+Red+Sox+T0h9qhyzLk_x.jpg

The BlueJays have always been my favorite team and I'm super excited because just like your Dodgers they spent a ton of money this year in signing players that they acquired through trades. We acquired Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, Josh Johnson, Melky Cabrera, and most exciting of all R.A. Dickey! Plus we brought Gibby back as manager and I think that's a solid move. I think it's been 19 or 20 years since we've been in the playoffs.:o Good Lord that's a long time! Not sure if the Jays will win it all but I think we'll snap the playoff drought. Your Dodgers are really strong and I think they have a good shot of representing the NL in the World Series. The Nationals and Cardinals are gonna be tough and I think the Phillies will have a bounce back year. In the AL I like the Angels a lot and the Tigers should be strong again. Hopefully the A's have another great year and of course my beloved Jays as well! I'm gonna pick an all Los Angeles area World Series. Angels beat the Dodgers 4 games to 3

Clayton Kershaw kicked all kinds of ass at the opener today. :eek: No hitter and a homer? That shit's an awesome sign.

Dodgers made a wonderful opening day ! I do like idea of them becoming one of the "teams you hate to play" . Need to replace the Cardinal in that National League role.

The San Fran Giants surprised me. After they ripped the hearts out of my beloved Cincy Reds, I kind of pulled for them to win it all . Funny how they just kept coming back to win .

Clayton Kershaw kicked all kinds of ass at the opener today. :eek: No hitter and a homer? That shit's an awesome sign.
it was a great game (and hopefully) a sign of how the season will progress :)
however, for the record :straightface:, he did not throw "a no hitter" :o
still, I'll take a "shut out" of the Giants any day :guitar:

it was a great game (and hopefully) a sign of how the season will progress :)
however, for the record :straightface:, he did not throw "a no hitter" :o
still, I'll take a "shut out" of the Giants any day :guitar:

Yeah I realized that after I posted it and forgot to correct it here. He only got four hits off the series champs, that's a strong shut out. Wish I was there, it was a gorgeous day too.

Yeah I realized that after I posted it and forgot to correct it here. He only got four hits off the series champs, that's a strong shut out. Wish I was there, it was a gorgeous day too.

I am getting in one more game before I go to China, its actually on "May Day" against the Rockies :guitar:
I hope I see a clobbering! :D

I am getting in one more game before I go to China, its actually on "May Day" against the Rockies :guitar:
I hope I see a clobbering! :D

Were you there yesterday?

no, I just saw a couple of games last season is what I meant
then after this one in May, it will be no more for more for at least a couple of years :straightface:

ps: at least when I was living in San Francisco, I could see the Dodgers a few times a year :o

I'll probably head out this weekend. If they're in town, haven't checked the schedge yet. I like Friday games. Woot fireworks!

Checked. They're playing Pittsburg, Friday. I'm so there. :cool:

Last edited:
yeah, fireworks, for years and years, "KC & the Sunshine band" would play on those nights :p

The BEST fireworks show I ever saw was the Friday after Michael Jackson died, they did a tribute and all the fireworks were set to a Michael Jackson Medley, it was incredible. And I'm not even a huge Michael Jackson fan, but the crowd was, everyone was so into it. It was cool.

The BEST fireworks show I ever saw was the Friday after Michael Jackson died, they did a tribute and all the fireworks were set to a Michael Jackson Medley, it was incredible. And I'm not even a huge Michael Jackson fan, but the crowd was, everyone was so into it. It was cool.
well, I can say he is great to karaoke, people usually get into it when someone sings his songs :guitar:
which I frankly find fascinating :D
anyways, Dodgers are 4 and 2, which is not bad, not bad :o
day off today, then its time to go clobber the Padres, hopefully :thumb:

well, I can say he is great to karaoke, people usually get into it when someone sings his songs :guitar:
which I frankly find fascinating :D
anyways, Dodgers are 4 and 2, which is not bad, not bad :o
day off today, then its time to go clobber the Padres, hopefully :thumb:

I got a fab seat at StubHub for about $18 for Friday's game. Front row Reserve. Totally worth it. The fireworks show was short. But the bathrooms are definitely remodeled and vastly improved. And there's a big sculpture of a piece of macaroni. And a huge bobblehead. And the new LCD screens are ridiculously bright, almost too bright. Everything else is the same.

529371_10200635338833527_715553681_n.jpg

Why is it called the world series when basically only the USA, Toronto and Japan are bothered with the (largely irrelevant) game?

Jukebox Jury

Sorry Jukebox it is called World Series because they can !
Now back in the times of the Mayans (location-middle america) if you were on the losing end in their style of a ball game it could cost you your life !

Because if you're good enough, people from all over the world can be on a team.

I just fibbed to get out of giving one of my Angel tix to a guy on Facebook I forgot was on Facebook when I offered tix to my friends. :o

I'm going to hell. :p I said my sister is going (and she is) but I have two more tix. Then feeling bad I said I might have one more and I'd let him know...but I won't. I feel terrible.

But I get to see the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (lame) play the Euston Astros Saturday. Woot!

Back
Top Bottom