2014 NME Awards - 3 Morrissey nominations

If he wins, do you think he will go and accept the award in person?

I think there would be a higher likelihood of Jesus making an appearance at an NME event before Morrissey.

Well, he can kiss the Best Fan Community adios.

I think myself, Johnny Barleycorn and Brummie Boy should be there to accept that award for our commitment in trying to guide Morrissey to greatness again.
This site and world need people like us, we are the ones with our feet firmly on the ground and heads more level than water.
Unlike some we shall not mention.

Benny-the-Butcher

I think myself, Johnny Barleycorn and Brummie Boy should be there to accept that award for our commitment in trying to guide Morrissey to greatness again.
This site and world need people like us, we are the ones with our feet firmly on the ground and heads more level than water.

Benny-the-Butcher

It's "I think John Barleycorn, Brummie Boy and I should..." you backwoods hillbilly. Jesus.

Last edited:
It's "I think John Barleycorn, Brummie Boy and myself should..." you backwoods hillbilly. Jesus.

I don't think the order makes much difference, Crystal. Although using "myself" when "me" will do is very bad style.

It's "I think John Barleycorn, Brummie Boy and myself should..." you backwoods hillbilly. Jesus.

NO its

Benny-the-Butcher

I should know I wrote it you pedantic twunt

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the order makes much difference, Crystal. Although using "myself" when "me" will do is very bad style.

Or "I".

NO its

Benny-the-Butcher

I should know I wrote it you pedantic twunt

- - - Updated - - -

Or "I".

In 'Murrica we learned you're supposed to put yourself at the end of the list. We also learned you're supposed to put a period on the end of every sentence so it wouldn't surprise me if you guys learned it some entirely different way so pardon my twuntness.

In 'Murrica we learned you're supposed to put yourself at the end of the list. We also learned you're supposed to put a period on the end of every sentence so it wouldn't surprise me if you guys learned it some entirely different way so pardon my twuntness.

What gets me is how some of the people from the UK that write perfectly well otherwise use commas randomly. I know they are not following some other rule. Maybe they are just in a hurry. I learned English by ear and using logic so that I don't know the rules of grammar that well but can figure it out. In the sentence you were discussing where "Benny" used "myself" it is easy to tell "myself" is wrong by taking out the other names.

"Myself, John Barleycorn, and Brummie should go ...." obviously is wrong when you consider "Myself should go" and it's clearly not "Me should go" unless Benny is actually Tarzan!

Hope y'all voted!!! I have cast my ballot;)

It won't let me vote; it says that I'm logged in properly, but I can't get past the first category. I think that I am intentionally blocked out because my user name is 'mozaphile'. The enemy of my beloved is thine NME! Actually, I'm just kidding about the conspiracy theory, but if you have any idea of how I can get my vote to go through, I would appreciate the help.

lynnda

It won't let me vote; it says that I'm logged in properly, but I can't get past the first category. I think that I am intentionally blocked out because my user name is 'mozaphile'. The enemy of my beloved is thine NME! Actually, I'm just kidding about the conspiracy theory, but if you have any idea of how I can get my vote to go through, I would appreciate the help.

lynnda

Hahaha! You never know:lbf:

The same thing happened to me actually. I tried a few times (yeah, I was determined:o) and then it worked. Maybe it's glitchy. When it does work, you vote for the first category and then it automatically advances to the next.

Try again Lynnda. We have to keep fighting the good fight;)

Hahaha! You never know:lbf:

The same thing happened to me actually. I tried a few times (yeah, I was determined:o) and then it worked. Maybe it's glitchy. When it does work, you vote for the first category and then it automatically advances to the next.

Try again Lynnda. We have to keep fighting the good fight;)

Thanks. We have about ten inches of snow today, so I know how to kill some time.

An anonymous person writes:

http://www.nme.com/awards/vote?recache=5
(login required)

Morrissey is nominated for:
- Best Book
- Best Fan Community
- Music Moment Of The Year

Best music moment belongs to Bowie no doubt about that.
A remarkable comeback and not one interview or publicity searching quote
Best fan community would be Bowies as well as he doesn't go to war with his
Mozza can have the book award

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom