2018 UK tour announced

Sorry if someone has already posted this.
Ending at Ally Pally

Link and image posted by ten ton truck:

Morrissey announces massive UK tour for 2018 - NME

February 2018
  • 16th – Aberdeen BHGE Arena
  • 17th – Glasgow The SSE Hydro
  • 20th – Dublin 3Arena
  • 23rd – Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
  • 24th – Leeds First Direct Arena
  • 27th – Birmingham Genting Arena
March 2018
  • 3rd – Brighton Brighton Centre
  • 7th – London Royal Albert Hall
  • 9th – London Alexandra Palace
41059_morrissey-uk-tour-poster-embargoed-1509034424.jpg

Posted by charmer (original post):

New promotion from Amazon for Low in High School. Order the album through Amazon and you get priority access to UK tour tickets on November 1.

(Worth noting that you don't actually have to order the album through Amazon, just sign up for priority alerts:

Pre-order Low in High School on Amazon

Link posted by 001:

Morrissey snubs hometown Manchester in first UK tour for three years - Sky News

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Brighton in the bag. Happy with that as it's supposedly one of the smaller venues and (seemingly) sold out shortly afterwards.
Will see how the rest of the tour and ticket sales pan out. Noted Dublin seemed quite easy to get tickets for.
PS Royal Albert Hall prices are f***ing ridiculous.

The Albert Hall is usually about 80% seated but with a smallish standing bit by the stage. I must have seen 6 or 7 concerts there and it's always been laid out that way - would be v surprised if not the case for this one...

According to RAH twitter person Morrissey will be all-seated. Interesting.

I was lucky enough to get tickets for Brighton (standing), Albert Hall (stall row 3) and Ally Pally (standing). Now off to the food bank to get my meals until next month....

According to RAH twitter person Morrissey will be all-seated. Interesting. .

Unless they hire armies of venue security for the night, all that happens at all-seater venues is that everyone gets out of their seat and legs it to the front anyway as soon as the first song starts. so it doesn't make a huge amount of difference.

Unless they hire armies of venue security for the night, all that happens at all-seater venues is that everyone gets out of their seat and legs it to the front anyway as soon as the first song starts. so it doesn't make a huge amount of difference.

I hope you're right as the thought of having a seat in row 22 of the arena, fills me with dread!

RAH sold out !

No doubt more dates added

RAH website does still have £300 or £1,400 tickets available if required

RAH sold out !
No doubt more dates added

It's meaningless when a concert is described as selling out these days as half the tickets would have been snapped up by amateur touts who have misjudged the true demand for an act and think they're onto a fortune. As the weeks pass they will discover that they a) cannot only not make a profit but b) will even struggle to get face value. If the true demand was ridiculously high then Ally Pally would have sold out too. It hasn't.
In the week or two before the Albert Hall show, you'll easily be able to get tickets for face value or less. The only thing possibly stopping that would be if the album yields a couple of massive radio hits before then - very unlikely but not completely impossible.

Last edited:
It's meaningless when a concert is described as selling out these days as half the tickets would have been snapped up by amateur touts who have misjudged the true demand for an act and think they're onto a fortune. As the weeks pass they will discover that they a) cannot only not make a profit but b) will even struggle to get face value. If the true demand was ridiculously high then Ally Pally would have sold out too. It hasn't.
In the week or two before the Albert Hall show, you'll easily be able to get tickets for face value or less. The only thing possibly stopping that would be if the album yields a couple of massive radio hits before then - very unlikely but not completely impossible.

I see your point, but I am not sure it applies to RAH - not too big venue, London, so foreigners like me could easily attend, etc ...

Regards,
FWD.

I went to the Royal Albert Hall on one of the previous tours several years back - it was hell to get hold of tickets, as they had all officially sold out within about 3 minutes of going on sale. I was quite surprised when I attended, that there were empty seats everywhere - at least a quarter of the venue was empty.

I guess the touts figure if they can sell a small number of tickets at a huge markup, it doesn't matter if they are left with some unsold at the end that they have to chuck in the bin. It makes for a strange gig-going experience though, when 'sold out' venues aren't anywhere near full.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom