2105: David Tseng Appreciation Thread (unofficial)

Back on topic for those who complain when threads veer off-topic. A shout-out to the site's administrator, David:

thank-you.jpg

I love when people that post they want anonymous posts banned when they have been posting anonymously.

That sounds pretty clever, but it isn't. Banning anonymous posts would help with many troll posts, because when you have an account (and I didn't hesitate to create one, and also signed my anonymous posts before, so they were recognisable), you also have a reputation, which is important to users, and much of the crap wouldn't be written in the first place.

Your previous anonymous post wasn't 'censored', it just took a while to get approved, but you were likely in a rush to prove your agenda so you overlooked that.

The discussion had already proceeded and since one of two posts that I wrote pretty much at the same time was published, and the other one wasn't, I naturally assumed that it would have been censored, when it still hadn't popped up after two hours. You interpret it in the worst possible way. If I wanted to make you seem in a bad light, I'd now accuse you that you only published my post later because I was complaining about censorship.

Also, it would be nice if you would answer on this post: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133768-2105-David-Tseng-Appreciation-Thread-%28unofficial%29?p=1986895809&viewfull=1#post1986895809

But since it's true that I'm off-topic, I absolutely wouldn't mind if a moderator moves this discussion into a new thread, or an old one that covers a similar topic.

That sounds pretty clever, but it isn't. Banning anonymous posts would help with many troll posts, because when you have an account (and I didn't hesitate to create one, and also signed my anonymous posts before, so they were recognisable), you also have a reputation, which is important to users, and much of the crap wouldn't be written in the first place.

The discussion had already proceeded and since one of two posts that I wrote pretty much at the same time was published, and the other one wasn't, I naturally assumed that it would have been censored, when it still hadn't popped up after two hours. You interpret it in the worst possible way. If I wanted to make you seem in a bad light, I'd now accuse you that you only published my post later because I was complaining about censorship.

Also, it would be nice if you would answer on this post: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133768-2105-David-Tseng-Appreciation-Thread-%28unofficial%29?p=1986895809&viewfull=1#post1986895809

But since it's true that I'm off-topic, I absolutely wouldn't mind if a moderator moves this discussion into a new thread, or an old one that covers a similar topic.

broken-record-765056.jpg

You see, realitybites, I'm AWARE that these topics have been discussed over and over again, but that's just because David never really gives an answer. He claims that he'd like to improve the site's climate, yet does everything possible to prevent that, which is - as most assume - to increase traffic. His words and his actions just don't add up, but he never comments on that. Instead he brings up the same (invalid) points again and again. I'm sure both you and David, and everyone else for that matter, gets that, it's not rocket science and I don't consider anyone on this site too stupid to understand. And I honestly don't like it if I'm treated as if my IQ was somewhere around my shoe size.

You see, realitybites, I'm AWARE that these topics have been discussed over and over again, but that's just because David never really gives an answer. He claims that he'd like to improve the site's climate, yet does everything possible to prevent that, which is - as most assume - to increase traffic. His words and his actions just don't add up, but he never comments on that. Instead he brings up the same (invalid) points again and again. I'm sure both you and David, and everyone else for that matter, gets that, it's not rocket science and I don't consider anyone on this site too stupid to understand. And I honestly don't like it if I'm treated as if my IQ was somewhere around my shoe size.

Tell us how to improve "climate of this site"?

You are the one who keep bringing negative vibe.

Instead of making a positive contribution, you keep asking same old question which you don't have an answer.

This site reflects the brutal reality of fandom.
If Morrissey gave a great live show, people who were lucky enough to be there reported it here.

If he cancelled a show, some people cannot help venting their anger / disappointment.

David gives a platform to all the people to express themselves, including people like you.

Get a life, tiresome git.

If these topics have been discussed over and over again and yet reality has not adapted to your point of view, you might want to change your point of view. Who are you to label the site proprietor's points as 'invalid'? You are extremely patronising in assuming that others fail to understand your opinions rather than disagree with them.

best
BB

Dear Kewpie, you make me want to type very slowly.

I have pointed that out in this post, which was even directed at you: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/133768-2105-David-Tseng-Appreciation-Thread-%28unofficial%29?p=1986895903&viewfull=1#post1986895903

Compare the amount of insults I get from moderators with the ones I make.

Instead of making a positive contribution, you keep asking same old question which you don't have an answer.

First, I made a number of positive contributions, and yep, I still don't have an answer for questions that have been asked a zillion times, which is why I keep asking.

Get a life, tiresome git.

No need to get rude, dear.

This site reflects the brutal reality of fandom.If Morrissey gave a great live show, people who were lucky enough to be there reported it here.

If he cancelled a show, some people cannot help venting their anger / disappointment.

David gives a platform to all the people to express themselves, including people like you.Get a life, tiresome git.

:thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

:flowers:

Hey realitybites, I appreciate your contributions to spread atheism, but may I suggest that you check your attitude towards this site for some typically religious behaviour?

Thank you so much, David, for providing a platform where I'm confronted with posts like this:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...ctions?p=1986895742&viewfull=1#post1986895742

You claim you try to improve this site's atmosphere by filtering anonymous posts, but honestly, what are your moderators ever filtering, when the most vile useless worthless crap like that isn't blocked? Am I supposed to buy that? Or isn't it rather you're just making sure that anonymous posters won't have the chance to criticise YOU and your moderators? I think I have a point and look forward to your answer. IF this post makes it through your filter.

If you read the title of that thread - '2015 Predictions' - you'll probably feel less exercised about it. The original poster asked what predictions people wanted to make about what they think is likely to happen in the forthcoming year. S/he didn't ask, 'What would you like to happen in 2015?' Can you see the difference? It's subtle, I know, but it is important.

Since Morrissey wants people to think he's had (or still has) cancer, I don't think my prediction's unreasonable.

Should it turn out that he doesn't have cancer, and never did have it, then I'd say he probably deserves to get it. Karma etc. Personally, I don't really care if Morrissey dies next year and - if you read what he, himself, has said about it - he doesn't either.

Hey realitybites, I appreciate your contributions to spread atheism, but may I suggest that you check your attitude towards this site for some typically religious behaviour?

Are you suggesting I am promoting religious worship on this site? Supernatural beliefs? Was thanking David in this thread--erected by another poster--stepping into the deist zone?

Are you suggesting I am promoting religious worship on this site? Supernatural beliefs? Was thanking David in this thread--erected by another poster--stepping into the deist zone?

I'm not referring to the supernatural part. It's more about the complete inability to criticise WHAT MUST NOT BE CRITICISED. Your next move might be to point out that there's genuinely nothing to criticise. And then I would refer to religious behaviour again. We can go there or leave it like that.

I'm not referring to the supernatural part. It's more about the complete inability to criticise WHAT MUST NOT BE CRITICISED. Your next move might be to point out that there's genuinely nothing to criticise. And then I would refer to religious behaviour again. We can go there or leave it like that.

When did I say you could not be critical? The broken record pic was to say, this has been done to death. Same criticism. Same replies by David and the mods. There are several threads in this forum already that ask and answer those same questions. Just because you are not satisfied with the answers doesn't mean those answers are going to change, now, or in the future. Doing the same thing but expecting a different result is the mark of insanity. Who said that?

When did I say you could not be critical? The broken record pic was to say, this has been done to death. Same criticism. Same replies by David and the mods. There are several threads in this forum already that ask and answer those same questions. Just because you are not satisfied with the answers doesn't mean those answers are going to change, now, or in the future. Doing the same thing but expecting a different result is the mark of insanity. Who said that?

Well if you're satisfied with those answers, good for you. I'm not. I have questions and I predict that they're going to pop up every now and then during my upcoming solow career.

Well if you're satisfied with those answers, good for you. I'm not. I have questions and I predict that they're going to pop up every now and then during my upcoming solow career.

What you are not satisfied is with the reasoning and results. The answers make sense to the majority of the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom