30 July 1986 Centennial Hall, London Ontario

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=40HI0812

Thanks to the original providers and Akiraware for hosting this....

Details Courtesy Of PassionsJustLikeMine.Com

30 July 1986
Centennial Hall, London, Canada

Panic
Still Ill
I Want The One I Can't Have
Vicar In A Tutu
Frankly, Mr. Shankly
Is It Really So Strange?
Cemetry Gates
What She Said (with Rubber Ring intro and outro)
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
Ask
Shakespeare's Sister
William It Was Really Nothing
How Soon Is Now?
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
The Queen Is Dead
/Money Changes Everything
/Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
/Bigmouth Strikes Again (instrumental)
//Hand In Glove

The set was very similar to the one adopted at the end of the recent UK warm up dates. However on this first date of the North American leg "Still Ill", "How Soon Is Now?", "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" and "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" replaced "Never Had No One Ever", "I Know It's Over", "Rusholme Ruffians" and "Stretch Out And Wait". The latter songs would return to the setlist here and there down the road when the Smiths varied the setlists.

This was overall a very good concert. The band was in a very good mood. Many gifts were handed to Morrissey during the concert, including an Oscar Wilde book that he danced with during "Still Ill". Before "I Want The One I Can't Have", Morrissey said "Don't be shy, come closer..." Before "Cemetry Gates", he said "You're very well mannered... so are we". Before "What She Said" he asked "Any questions?"

For the first time, "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" was played with the instrumental outro, instead of having a repeated second verse as it had been done earlier in 1984 and 1985. Before "Bigmouth Strikes Again", Morrissey said "Stretch... out... stretch out and wait" but didn't go into the song with that title. It was pandemonium on stage so Morrissey suddenly exited it during "Bigmouth Strikes Again", leaving the band to finish the song as an instrumental. Coming back for the second encore, Morrissey said "You've been very nice, you've been very kind, thank you".

The Smiths had spent the previous few days in the parking lot behind the hall, rehearsing and hanging out.

With gratitude, friend...

Back
Top Bottom