7/7 conspiracies programme BBC2

j funk

.co.uk
Interesting.

They reckon 1/4 of Muslims think it was a set up lol

Mainly focussing on Ripple Effect. Dubunked a lot of theories.

Hillarious some of the stuff that film highlights. Like the van belonging to controlled demolition firm being spotted next to the bus that was blown up. A firm that just smashes bits of concrete, and isn't allowed to use explosives. Or the poster for the film 'Decent' that was on the side of the bus.

I'd go along with that.......

Like every now and then the govenment want to push new laws through....especially ''anti terrorist'' etc..... there's a big anti splash in the media about it and the next thing ''Heathrow and Gatwick are closed down due to security measures'' and it shits people up, make them look at the Asian looking bloke next to them in suspicion and say to the government ''here, take away a bit more of my freedom in the name of counter terrorism:rolleyes: Take my sealed bottle of water and toothpaste.... I'll buy some more the otherside of the security check:squiffy:''

We see it in the ID Card fiasco..... ''If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear....''.
We have everything to fear from these control freaks........

And I'd wish we'd stop calling 7/7 that name...... why not call it by what it was, not the date (most English kids think the Twin Towers attack was on November 9th)

Jukebox Jury

PS Come on Munchy Brain.... back me up:thumb:

I'd go along with that.......

Like every now and then the govenment want to push new laws through....especially ''anti terrorist'' etc..... there's a big anti splash in the media about it and the next thing ''Heathrow and Gatwick are closed down due to security measures'' and it shits people up, make them look at the Asian looking bloke next to them in suspicion and say to the government ''here, take away a bit more of my freedom in the name of counter terrorism:rolleyes: Take my sealed bottle of water and toothpaste.... I'll buy some more the otherside of the security check:squiffy:''

We see it in the ID Card fiasco..... ''If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear....''.
We have everything to fear from these control freaks........

And I'd wish we'd stop calling 7/7 that name...... why not call it by what it was, not the date (most English kids think the Twin Towers attack was on November 9th)

Jukebox Jury

PS Come on Munchy Brain.... back me up:thumb:

Munchy Brain? Don't encourage that JJ, please. So what you saying JJ? That those muslim 'people' are not responsible for this terror campaign?:mad:

The government blew up the tubes and busses to let them pass new laws?

I don't really need to highlight how ridiculous that sounds.

I thought we did it for the oil, or the Jews did it to smear the Muslims. :rolleyes:

Munchy Brain? Don't encourage that JJ, please. So what you saying JJ? That those muslim 'people' are not responsible for this terror campaign?:mad:

No, I'm not saying that..... I am saying that the government use the terror campaign (if one even exists) to justify increasingly taking away our basic rights and freedoms. They are playing on that fear. Look at the Bush v Kerry Presidential election...... Kerry was clearly not a war mongerer..... and may have been favourite to win....... HEY PRESTO up pops Bin Laden the Sunday before the election, claiming to be planning more attacks......
and America thinks...... who is best to win this fight.... Bush or Kerry...... and GWB got in....... Bin Bag Laden's appearence was not accidental..... (or the release of the video was not accidental)....

I grew up in the 70's when the threat of terrorism in England was very real from the IRA..... I feel more safer now than I did back then.....
Look the other month..... the police arrested how many people on suspected terrorism...... including one at Liverpool Uni and in Manchester. ALL RELEASED without charge and some even deported for no reason....... it was just a reassurance exercise to the public to say ''hey, we are still onto the terrorists'' and to keep us on our toes looking for Asian looking men with more than one mobile phone....:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
The government blew up the tubes and busses to let them pass new laws?

I don't really need to highlight how ridiculous that sounds.

I thought we did it for the oil, or the Jews did it to smear the Muslims. :rolleyes:

I'm talking about generally the government / M15 or whatever, do stitch things up to give the public the impression stuff is going on out there.... maybe not (and most likely not) in the London bombings, but as I said, security scares etc I'm convinced are planted. The government needs to be confident that we are right behind them and the only way they can do that is beating us into submission that there is a threat out there and they are the best people to deal with it.

You telling me the CIA haven't been involved with dodgy dealings in starting / funding terrorist acts that then the USA goes in to 'sort out'?

Jukebox Jury

That's just another hackneyed police state theory. The same was said at every stage of the Criminal Justice Bill when various groups declared it a source of oppression.

You forget it's MPs that have to get these laws passed, not the public. If they wanted to, they could concoct and pass any bill amongst themselves.

When your past your heyday it's always the government that has ruined your fun. Except when you're MunchyBrain. What a childhood she must've had. Can't be much fun if you already think everyones out to get you at that age.

That's just another hackneyed police state theory. The same was said at every stage of the Criminal Justice Bill when various groups declared it a source of oppression.

You forget it's MPs that have to get these laws passed, not the public. If they wanted to, they could concoct and pass any bill amongst themselves.

When your past your heyday it's always the government that has ruined your fun. Except when you're MunchyBrain. What a childhood she must've had. Can't be much fun if you already think everyones out to get you at that age.

You do realise that munchy brain has appeared in court don't you? I mean she's mentioned it often enough:rolleyes:

Yes, the same conieving MP's that have been shafting us for years at our expense, sorry, their expenses. MP's will not back unpopular bills..... why do you think the tories ditched thatcher and the poll tax..... because they knew what was coming around the corner if they didn't.
As long as the government can convince the public that these ''restrictions'' on our liberty is for our benefit then they will take us for a ride. If the public get wise to what is going on and start questioning, then they get worried and leave things alone. The last thing any MP wants is to vote for unpopular topics if they feel it will cost them their seat.
MP's like to treat the electorate like mushrooms - keep us in the dark and feed us on shit.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:

The Criminal Justice Act was oppressive. It altered 'right to silence', basically rendering it ineffective, because now things can be inferred from your silence. So you can be incriminating yourself by not saying anything.

The fact that everyone was saying it then doesn't make it less true, do you really expect the government to introduce all of this stuff at the same time? There'd be public outcry. They have to do it slowly and quietly so they don't wake anyone up.

In that case, would it not be more convincing to just pass every bill they wanted to, then fabricate scenarios in which the new laws appeared to have helped us?

Do you bring Thatcher up whenever the topic turns to politics or am I thinking of someone else?

I still can't see how this relates to 7/7, if you're not explicitly stating that it was a fit-up.

Terror laws came out of 9/11 anyway, and restrictions on flying with liquids came after a specific incident I recall as I was actually flying that day.

UK laws throughout the ages are created in response to specific threats. You might as well say every event in our history was a conspiracy to pass the subsequent laws.

In that case, would it not be more convincing to just pass every bill they wanted to, then fabricate scenarios in which the new laws appeared to have helped us?

Do you bring Thatcher up whenever the topic turns to politics or am I thinking of someone else?

I still can't see how this relates to 7/7, if you're not explicitly stating that it was a fit-up.

Terror laws came out of 9/11 anyway, and restrictions on flying with liquids came after a specific incident I recall as I was actually flying that day.

UK laws throughout the ages are created in response to specific threats. You might as well say every event in our history was a conspiracy to pass the subsequent laws.

WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION??????????
where the f*** were they?:confused:
Like I said........ scare us...... but fear into us...... make us believe it......
I BELIEVE IT....... BOMB IRAQ!!!

But where were the weapons.....?

Jukebox Jury

The Criminal Justice Act was oppressive. It altered 'right to silence', basically rendering it ineffective, because now things can be inferred from your silence. So you can be incriminating yourself by not saying anything.

The fact that everyone was saying it then doesn't make it less true, do you really expect the government to introduce all of this stuff at the same time? There'd be public outcry. They have to do it slowly and quietly so they don't wake anyone up.

MunchyBrain....
where have you been tonight.... you are late:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

So all this has been going on since then at the very least. How far back do you want to go? Henry VIII did what he wanted. Or is that too far back?

Essentially you're going to have an issue with the establishment, going all the way back to basic feudalism and beyond. So why ever pick out a specific era, government or law? Because you only have any knowledge of the areas that affect you as an individual, and that's bollocks because you're disguising your whole ethos as something bigger than that.

Like I said........ scare us...... but fear into us...... make us believe it......

Jukebox Jury

That isn't, in any shape or form, a response to what J Funk said.

Jukebox Jury

That's a reply to which of my statements exactly?

Labour chose to go into Iraq to get the public on their side, while Obama pledged to pull out for the same reason?

What a massive contradiction. You're saying they embarked on the war on the grounds of finding something they knew didn't exist, and were surprised by the public backlash when they didn't find anything?

Sadly missed the show but I've always been interested in the conspiracy mindset. David Shaylor wasn't on it by any chance? Holocaust deniers?

There was one of those funnily enough. Nicholas Kollerstrom.

There was one of those funnily enough. Nicholas Kollerstrom.

Quelle surprise.

Not sure I recognise the guy's name. I mentioned it because in many hours of interacting with these folks (mainly 9/11 types) I've noticed a distinct trend towards such beliefs. In fact, a good percentage of the bullshit that is paraded around as evidence of a conspiracy was actually invented by neo-nazi's like Eric Hufschmid. Sorry, they don't like to be called neo-nazi's..."white nationalists" ahem.

Tags
tmfl;dmfr
Back
Top Bottom