A brief assessment of the new songs - Mojo

Re: A brief assessment of the new songs - Mojo.

"the half-decade of no new Morrissey music since the prophetically titled Years Of Refusal was a drag, a bummer, even."

epicFAIL! AIMMN/KAL/PATSE/AH? Maybe traumatised and had electro-shock which erased memories of these demos? Morrissey is obviously a cash-cow for MOJO and the rest with their endless Smiths regurgitations, hence the lack of any 'critical' perspective. A compliant lamestream music media. Who knew? Here's the skinny/re-cap on the car-crash to date:

WPINOYB: Watch CNN, BBC News, take Mogadon, scribble inane cliches to a lumpen thud of a beat. Plaintively wail faux-empathy but forget that Bahrain,Egypt, Ukraine were/are fighting for a democratic voting system free of corruption.

EITLP: Ruin perfectly pleasant "imagine if Moz guested on next Santana album" scenario with The Klutziest Line Of All Time contender: "and humans are not really very humane". MOJO to run competition for replacement lyric: "I'm still alien in this emotional terrain", as example, but it has to scan to win prize. Etc

TBD: Celebrate the death of an animal,but a human one, "nobody cries", except maybe anti-Bullfight activists who realise that the thrill of a possibly dead bullfighter is part of the 'gladiator-matador' problem and sells tickets, advertising this as an outcome to be desired is not part of the solution.

Link to 'scene of crime' footage on YouTube to prove this is actually all happening. Copy article to Team Moz as part of pitch for EXCLUSIVE! interview when the full CD escapes....

Last edited:

"the half-decade of no new Morrissey music since the prophetically titled Years Of Refusal was a drag, a bummer, even."

epicFAIL! AIMMN/KAL/PATSE/AH? Maybe traumatised and had electro-shock which erased memories of these demos? Morrissey is obviously a cash-cow for MOJO and the rest with their endless Smiths regurgitations, hence the lack of any 'critical' perspective. A compliant lamestream music media. Who knew? Here's the skinny/re-cap on the car-crash to date:

WPINOYB: Watch CNN, BBC News, take Mogadon, scribble inane cliches to a lumpen thud of a beat. Plaintively wail faux-empathy but forget that Bahrain,Egypt, Ukraine were/are fighting for a democratic voting system free of corruption.

EITLP: Ruin perfectly pleasant "imagine if Moz guested on next Santana album" scenario with The Klutziest Line Of All Time contender: "and humans are not really very humane". MOJO to run competition for replacement lyric: "I'm still alien in this emotional terrain", as example, but it has to scan to win prize. Etc

TBD: Celebrate the death of an animal,but a human one, "nobody cries", except maybe anti-Bullfight activists who realise that the thrill of a possibly dead bullfighter is part of the 'gladiator-matador' problem and sells tickets, advertising this as an outcome to be desired is not part of the solution.

Link to 'scene of crime' footage on YouTube to prove this is actually all happening. Copy article to Team Moz as part of pitch for EXCLUSIVE! interview when the full CD escapes....

lol, oh brummie. you MUST have better things to do today, no?

Morrissey’s New Songs Assessed - Mojo
Declaring World Peace Is None Of Your Business, Moz reveals anarcho-syndicalist self, beasts toreadors and wonders when the loneliness will end.

By IAN HARRISON | MAY 9, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

Earth is sounds like a spice girls track

Benny-the-British-Butcher

As plodding as the songs may seem on stage (although Bullfighter seems like the closest to a single), it seems a bit unfair to judge the songs until they're heard on CD/LP format where hopefully Jesse Tobias' ham-fists are hidden in the mix.

All we can ascertain from these shitty YouTube transmissions is that Morrissey & Co. have lost their subtle touch. There was a time when Boz and Alain used silence and space as much as distortion and feedback. Now with old Ham-Fists at second chair, it's "instruments up to 11."

A fan can only hope Boz owns the lion's share of the music credits on World Peace.

Again, assessments are pointless until the studio versions are made public.

Last edited:

There just seems to be an increasing lack of subtlety in both his lyrics and the music. Even his opinions seem to be driven home with a sledgehammer in these crass TTY statements. They used to be far more effectively conveyed in song. He's still one of my heroes but the downward spiral over the last decade is becoming more and more pronounced.

These new songs are a bit disappointing; I hope the studio versions are cleaner and that the noise churned out by the band is toned down. It is sad to see Morrissey settling for this group over and over again. The days of Whyte and the boys are over; too bad Morrissey cannot see or hear how poorly his current band is.

The lemmings are praising the new songs as brilliant--come on.

The reason he isnt subtle is because he is aiming for nations who speak English as a sceond language (America included )

Make the most of these two albums because they are the last.....those three songs are painful. Bloody mozza you had the chance to get back on form and that is the best that bunch of ham fisted session musicians can come up with.

Please consider terry bickers or Steve mason on guitar for the love of god. Get Andy rourke back and pick a drummer and build a bridge with steven street because you need it , big time.

The second album with Harvest will never see the light of day, simply because " World Peace" will no do well. These three songs should still be "fluttering wildly against the bars" and never have been recorded.

Is there no one in his entourage who dares to speak up and say: "Morrissey, get your shit together. This simply will not do!"

World Peace has some redeeming qualities, but I still prefer Scandinavia and Art Hounds.

"The Spanish theme continues on Earth Is The Loneliest Planet Of All, a Flamenco lament of woe and aloneness of the kind our man does so well."

I love this.

The reason he isnt subtle is because he is aiming for nations who speak English as a sceond language (America included )

I know you're joking, but it's an interesting thought. The more global the act, the more "universal" the lyric?

While I admire their use of the word anarcho-syndicalist I am not certain that is how I would describe Morrissey's views.

Dear BrummieBoy,

What exactly is your plight? I can appreciate that you've been cursed with an unfortunate and ghastly accent, that you were born and bread in the arse end of England, and that Morrissey (at one point) was your hero, and has now soured and tainted your fond memories; and thus you've become some hateful melancholic sap, that spends his days deconstructing Morrissey's fall from grace with your tiresome rhetoric -
But answer me this, you buffoon, why bother? You must assume you're hilarious, correct? You want our validation?

These new songs are a bit disappointing; I hope the studio versions are cleaner and that the noise churned out by the band is toned down. It is sad to see Morrissey settling for this group over and over again. The days of Whyte and the boys are over; too bad Morrissey cannot see or hear how poorly his current band is.

The lemmings are praising the new songs as brilliant--come on.

In my opinion everyone is fairly competent with the exception of Jesse. I'm not saying he's a terrible guitarist but his tone is good awful. It kills the otherwise pleasant nature of most of the songs.

Dear BrummieBoy,

What exactly is your plight? I can appreciate that you've been cursed with an unfortunate and ghastly accent, that you were born and bread in the arse end of England, and that Morrissey (at one point) was your hero, and has now soured and tainted your fond memories; and thus you've become some hateful melancholic sap, that spends his days deconstructing Morrissey's fall from grace with your tiresome rhetoric -
But answer me this, you buffoon, why bother? You must assume you're hilarious, correct? You want our validation?

I'm watching a movie on t.v about Joe Meek. At some stage he'll probably be fed into Moz's mincer if it hasn't already happened. James Corden is playing drums......I've just enjoyed Conchita winning Eurovision after a blissful day with the family. My accent is similar to Shakespeare. I live in The Shire, the heart of England. Morrissey was never my 'hero', nor was anyone else. He hasn't soured my memories as he merely provided part of the soundtrack to some of them. Hateful melancholic sap? D'you mean Morrissey? You acknowledge Morrissey's fall from grace yet feel that nobody should investigate this with as much rigour as his glory days?

Of course I'm hilarious, everybody tells me I am offline so I assume it translates to the ether. A Morrissey cult casualty calling me a 'buffoon' is a compliment. Why would I want anyone's validation? I'm just expressing my point of view but clearly you think "Free Speech Is None Of Your Business"? There's no reason why I should care.

It was great hearing "Yes, I Am Blind." A wonderful song. I really like "The Bullfighter Dies." The other two songs I thought were decent, but not great. I look forward to hearing the studio versions of them.

I know you're joking, but it's an interesting thought. The more global the act, the more "universal" the lyric?

if you notice the further morrissey has moved from manchester the worse he has got.
He hasnt had one great song since 2000. some good ones but not great. Ringleader was pretty awful. People including morrissey think life is a pigsty is up there with the smiths - fook that. Its heavy handed and far too over produced
Morrissey has been dumbing down since YATQ, its all about tickets and sales now.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom