320kbps.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ucilhv
https://www.sendspace.com/file/tgiiq3
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xer1xj

Buy it too
Enjoy,
Regards,
FWD.

Shucks, you're just the nicest... :pray: My deluxe 5LP boxset arrives next Tuesday, but I'm at uni and won't get my claws on it until sometime in November... so thank-you!!

Many thanks. I listened through the demos (demoes?), and the track that stood out for me for a couple of reasons was Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others. Firstly - because it has an aborted start - not like the released version, but I wonder if that's where the origin was? Secondly, I think that when it starts, it bears a striking resemblance to this...

Also throughout, it's the most different from the released version of the set, I think, and you can hear Johnny inverting a lot of notes that got straightened out.

Very interesting, thanks.

*Edit* - one more thing, as has been pointed out previously, we do not get the Trumpet version of Frankly Mr. Shankly here.

Last edited:
Many thanks. I listened through the demos (demoes?), and the track that stood out for me for a couple of reasons was Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others. Firstly - because it has an aborted start - not like the released version, but I wonder if that's where the origin was? Secondly, I think that when it starts, it bears a striking resemblance to this...

Also throughout, it's the most different from the released version of the set, I think, and you can hear Johnny inverting a lot of notes that got straightened out.

*Edit* - one more thing, as has been pointed out previously, we do not get the Trumpet version of Frankly Mr. Shankly here.

Well, I for one am happy that we get the other alternate take of Shankly, we've all heard the trumpet version.
I really like this take on it, a very ska vibe to it.

I really like the demo of Frankly Mr Shankly ...

As for Some Girls, it's very good indeed.
Shame they cut the outro short by some 50 seconds.
Will post the full version soon. :)

I Know It's Over, as I said the other day, is a beauty.
I think I'll spend tomorrow in bed, listening to disc 2 on repeat. :D

It kind of emphasises just how rubbish the latest Moz offerings are. He has no songwriters, and his lyrical well has long since run dry. The fact we are rushing to praise a 1986 release, which is indeed praiseworthy, and, I'll say it again - the metacritcism proves it - shows the state of today.

https://www.allmusic.com/album/the-queen-is-dead-mw0000194895

Young gun here... so forgive me for stating the obvious - but I only just realised the other day how valuable Alain Whyte's contributions have been over the years... was looking at the composing credits, largely aghast :fearscream::fearscream:

It kind of emphasises just how rubbish the latest Moz offerings are. He has no songwriters, and his lyrical well has long since run dry. The fact we are rushing to praise a 1986 release, which is indeed praiseworthy, and, I'll say it again - the metacritcism proves it - shows the state of today.

https://www.allmusic.com/album/the-queen-is-dead-mw0000194895

No, it doesn't !!! It just means that a little more time was spent in PRODUCTION this time with QID given originally there were many label dicks and communication guru's shouting at the band to get a move on... That's all it means. That's a heck of a lot of pressure. Not many bands make it through that process, as we know.

Hazard

Just listen to this version of That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore (live in Boston) and tell me it doesn't move you, to the verge of tears.
Go on, I dare you.

Ohh I can't wait! I just got an email that my vinyl boxset was delivered to my house! Off work in an hour...

A day early! I hope I get the tote and whatnot too...

Back
Top Bottom