A lovely old Morrissey postcard from 1985 presumably

42094_42079_IMG_0194.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job trying to make yourself seem more important by cryptically not giving the author's name in what is otherwise a fairly bland and pointless anecdote.

That's because the identity of the author was irrelevant to an example of postcards mailed inside envelopes. Jeez, there seem to be even more assholes here now than ever before.

Last edited:
Brutal. He reacts like he's been smacked. Poorly handled by JM, no need.

Except that it's just an edition to make the whole thing look funny.
In the REAL interview, Marr was asked first what Morrissey means to him.... and Marr described him as a friend, a collaborator....
and then Morrissey was asked about Marr... and he gives a very flattering description.
Then the next question is if they are very different but perfectly compatible and Johnny jumps to answer first and begins by saying "Yes" (probably because Morrissey had been so flattering in the previous response that he needed to send back some flattering comments).

So the video is funny, but it's just an edition to make it look funny and awkward.

Except that it's just an edition to make the whole thing look funny.
In the REAL interview, Marr was asked first what Morrissey means to him.... and Marr described him as a friend, a collaborator....
and then Morrissey was asked about Marr... and he gives a very flattering description.

So the video is funny, but it's just an edition to make it look funny and awkward.

Yes, the "I Know It's Over" stuff is supposed to be funny - but I have seen the full interview some years ago, and it struck me as dismissive even then. I got the general impression that Johnny was tired or even hungover, and not very interested in doing the interview or in sitting awkwardly on the floor. He seems ill at ease. Morrissey's answers were more focused and thoughtful throughout.

Yes, the "I Know It's Over" stuff is supposed to be funny - but I have seen the full interview some years ago, and it struck me as dismissive even then. I got the general impression that Johnny was tired or even hungover, and not very interested in doing the interview or in sitting awkwardly on the floor. He seems ill at ease. Morrissey's answers were more focused and thoughtful throughout.

It was a Spanish TV show called "La Edad de Oro" (obviously named after the film by Buñuel)... and it was extremely focused on avant-garde art and very controversial artists, with a special interest in the artists associated with Industrial Records (i.e, Psychic TV, S.P.K., Cabaret Voltaire and Vagina Dentata Organ had played there).

So the whole atmosphere of the show itself was very "avant-garde" and probably The Smiths didn't really fit there.

The TV show was cancelled after a big controversy about a performance by Jordi Valis (Vagina Dentata Organ) because it mocked the Catholic mass, but he also destroyed three paintings by Fracesc Casadelmont (1923-2007), a painter that was somehow famous in Spain because of his somehow impressionist landscapes... and since it was a TV show that was broadcasted on the Spanish public TV (TVE), the political authorities decided to cancel it after some months (aa bit more than 4 months actually).

Probably the style of the show was a bit too weird for Morrissey and Marr; and Marr was probably thinking "What the hell are we doing here?" (but that's my guess).

It was a Spanish TV show called "La Edad de Oro" (obviously named after the film by Buñuel)... and it was extremely focused on avant-garde art and very controversial artists, with a special interest in the artists associated with Industrial Records (i.e, Psychic TV, S.P.K., Cabaret Voltaire and Vagina Dentata Organ had played there).

So the whole atmosphere of the show itself was very "avant-garde" and probably The Smiths didn't really fit there.

The TV show was cancelled after a big controversy about a performance by Jordi Valis (Vagina Dentata Organ) because it mocked the Catholic mass, but he also destroyed three paintings by Fracesc Casadelmont (1923-2007), a painter that was somehow famous in Spain because of his somehow impressionist landscapes... and since it was a TV show that was broadcasted on the Spanish public TV (TVE), the political authorities decided to cancel it after some months (aa bit more than 4 months actually).

Probably the style of the show was a bit too weird for Morrissey and Marr; and Marr was probably thinking "What the hell are we doing here?" (but that's my guess).

Those dogs were terrified. Poor creatures. The rest was lame, but it's a matter of taste (or lack of).

Thank you for such a considered reply and such detail - this is all new to me. It does explain a few things, and doesn't sound like the Smiths' cup of tea.

Those dogs were terrified. Poor creatures. The rest was lame, but it's a matter of taste (or lack of).

Jordi Valis is (and was) more into plastic arts than into music (paintings, collages, photography, installations).
His band (Vagina Dentata Organ) was recording albums based on a single "instrument" (quite similar to what Aube does, even if they do not sound similar). He had many dogs and his first album ("Music For The Hashishins") was simply a recording of his dogs... which is what you hear there. Then he recorded other albums using the same idea of "a single instrument" (only bells, only motorcycles, only drums, etc).

Whilst the dogs look scared, I think they were more "bored" than "scared", as you can see them sitting on the floor, yawning, etc... except when an idiot from the crowd pushes one of them, but he's actually a "dog lover".

Then again, what he does is quite criptyic and not for everyone, I guess most people would get incredibly bored if they listened to a whole album by Vagina Dentata Organ.

(that's just one side of the album, the other side is... his dogs again).

So probably the dogs LOOK scared or even being tortured because of the whole aesthetics of his performance (the "terrorist mask", the blades, the paintings getting destroyed)... but dogs do not get all that symbolism and they were simply sitting next to his owner (he even caresses his dogs a few times during the performance, making sure that they are OK).

Other than that.... I can get why Vagina Dentata can be VERY boring for most people.

Jordi Valis is (and was) more into plastic arts than into music (paintings, collages, photography, installations).
His band (Vagina Dentata Organ) was recording albums based on a single "instrument" (quite similar to what Aube does, even if they do not sound similar). He had many dogs and his first album ("Music For The Hashishins") was simply a recording of his dogs... which is what you hear there. Then he recorded other albums using the same idea of "a single instrument" (only bells, only motorcycles, only drums, etc).

Whilst the dogs look scared, I think they were more "bored" than "scared", as you can see them sitting on the floor, yawning, etc... except when an idiot from the crowd pushes one of them, but he's actually a "dog lover".

Then again, what he does is quite criptyic and not for everyone, I guess most people would get incredibly bored if they listened to a whole album by Vagina Dentata Organ.

(that's just one side of the album, the other side is... his dogs again).

So probably the dogs LOOK scared or even being tortured because of the whole aesthetics of his performance (the "terrorist mask", the blades, the paintings getting destroyed)... but dogs do not get all that symbolism and they were simply sitting next to his owner (he even caresses his dogs a few times during the performance, making sure that they are OK).

Other than that.... I can get why Vagina Dentata can be VERY boring for most people.

It's certainly boring. But above everything, it's terribly bad from a lot of points of view.
Considering that one of my neighbors (when I was a child living with my parents) was an old man who had to escape from Spain during his youth because of Franco's dictatorship. He was a land owner in Spain who had to earn a living building houses with his own hands when he arrived here during the forties. A honest job, of course, but he had to learn it from zero because he had lost everything in Spain, even his freedom during his teens years. He was an excellent unpublished poet and he made beautiful sculptures using cement in the patio of his house, because art and beauty flourished from his inner being like water from a spring. His son is an architect and a painter but he is not as talented as his father was. Things like those make me think all the time about the politics of art and the way art is influenced by power and money, most of times for the worst. Jewels are hidden in the mud and trash is elevated as a gem.

It's certainly boring. But above everything, it's terribly bad from a lot of points of view.
Considering that one of my neighbors (when I was a child living with my parents) was an old man who had to escape from Spain during his youth because of Franco's dictatorship. He was a land owner in Spain who had to earn a living building houses with his own hands when he arrived here during the forties. A honest job, of course, but he had to learn it from zero because he had lost everything in Spain, even his freedom during his teens years. He was an excellent unpublished poet and he made beautiful sculptures using cement in the patio of his house, because art and beauty flourished from his inner being like water from a spring. His son is an architect and a painter but he is not as talented as his father was. Things like those make me think all the time about the politics of art and the way art is influenced by power and money, most of times for the worst. Jewels are hidden in the mud and trash is elevated as a gem.

I do not know how we arrived here and the mods will come to say that we are off topic!
However... Jordi Valis has never been a "popular" or "famous" artist. he is quite an outsider to the mainstream art market.
Other than that... I think it is good when the horror is expressed.
Goya himself did many drawings which are certainly not "nice" or "beautiful".

20110408205856-2011_Damage_03.jpg

In the same way that Picasso was trying to paint the most horrible painting possible when he did his Guernica.

So there is a place for everything. I do not like "or" as much as I like "and". So it's possible to like Jody Valis AND Morrissey.

I do not know how we arrived here and the mods will come to say that we are off topic!
However... Jordi Valis has never been a "popular" or "famous" artist. he is quite an outsider to the mainstream art market.
Other than that... I think it is good when the horror is expressed.
Goya himself did many drawings which are certainly not "nice" or "beautiful".

20110408205856-2011_Damage_03.jpg

In the same way that Picasso was trying to paint the most horrible painting possible when he did his Guernica.

So there is a place for everything. I do not like "or" as much as I like "and". So it's possible to like Jody Valis AND Morrissey.

We always are off topic: argentinos a las cosas...

Guernica and that drawing of Goya are beautiful. Horror can be expressed beautifully. Art is beautiful. For example, Harpya by Raoul Servais is so beautiful it hurts. I think beauty hurts. Always.

We always are off topic: argentinos a las cosas...

Guernica and that drawing of Goya are beautiful. Horror can be expressed beautifully. Art is beautiful. For example, Harpya by Raoul Servais is so beautiful it hurts. I think beauty hurts. Always.

Is it an Argentinean thing?

Yes, beauty hurts, like the films by Parajanov.

Thank heavens they landed on The Smiths. The Hatrack Hangers has such a rubber ring to it.

I do not get what the hell is pissing you off.
I simply saw Morrissey's postcard without a stamp and I remembered a very similar one I got from an English writer... It didn't make much sense to me that he was replying on a postcard because I needed a copyright permission and most writers are very cautious when it comes to their intellectual property (though I received a postcard inside an envelope that mostly said: "you have my permission to do whatever you want, just show me the results and good luck").

So I saw the Morrissey postcard and I dd not find it specially strange that it has no stamp and this other postcard by an English writer came to my mind... then a lunatic who goes under the name "blue eyed loco man" showed up and became very upset.

Other than that, I've had some troubles with some psychopath assholes who are probably NOT on this forum, but at some given point they were spending 25 hours a day harassing me, taking turns at the door of my house, threatening my life, etc... a very undesirable situation that forced me hire a team of lawyers, live with a permanent custody for quite a long time, ask the police to tape my phone for several months, etc... So I've learnt how to avoid mentioning some things that would be easy to find by using google, because one thing is an idiot like you making awkward comments and something different is a group of psychopaths who have no limits. SADLY I have to be cautious and I wish I didn't need to be cautious.

So... seeing this postcard brought me memories and I simply commented them... and explained why I did not find it strange that there was no address or stamp on the postcard.

Your insanity is beyond my comprehension.

Just spotted this reply. This is a Morrissey forum. If you want a break from "psychopathic assholes" harassing you, how about you try talking about Morrissey instead of bringing everything back to yourself? Are you capable of doing that?

You're using a pseudonym, which means you don't have to write long paragraphs detailing your supposed real life to the other anonymous users on this forum. This is your opportunity to give that a rest. You go to great lengths to avoid your identity being found through Google, so why not act like a regular anonymous user and stop referencing your 'real' life at all? For someone who wants to remain anonymous, for security reasons apparently, you sure appear to enjoy droning on about yourself.

Can you not handle not being seen as some kind of person of prominence, who has clout with celebrities whose names you won't mention, even when it's pseudonymous postings directed at anonymous strangers on a Morrissey forum?

From reading a few of your posts, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a fair share of the problem was actually with you rather than with the "psychopathic assholes" you mentioned. I can imagine you goaded some of those people with arrogant, self-regarding and condescending remarks over a period of time and received your just desserts in the end.

Which can happen when you enter the forum world and start writing love letters to yourself and about your 'accomplishments', at length, to people who don't know you and 99% of whom couldn't care less about a word you have to say. This isn't your living room, if you want to bore your family with that stuff (and I'm sure you do), nobody's stopping you. But the reaction can be much different online.

Especially when you construct these posts without a trace of humour, or with any intention of making it interesting to onlookers, instead it just reads like narcissistic self-aggrandizement by a pompous prig
who could do with a few verbal pinpricks to perforate and deflate his or her oversized ego.

That my "insanity" is beyond your comprehension suggests that you'll continue landing yourself in situations like you described until you - if you can even do so due to your autistic lack of awareness - start becoming cognizant of how people on websites such as these are likely to view the insufferably monotonous and long-winded self-congratulatory spiel you post. If this keeps happening to you that it *may* be time to look inward for answers.

Now don't step into my line of vision again or you will REALLY feel the wrath of my bombast.

From reading a few of your posts, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a fair share of the problem was actually with you rather than with the "psychopathic assholes" you mentioned. I can imagine you goaded some of those people with arrogant, self-regarding and condescending remarks over a period of time and received your just desserts in the end.

:ha-no:

Nice theory, but NO.

Which can happen when you enter the forum world and start writing love letters to yourself and about your 'accomplishments', (...) Especially when you construct these posts without a trace of humour,

I wrote a letter to an English writer and he replied writing on a postcard, but sent it inside an envelope. I do not see such thing as an accomplishment. You are right about the lack of humour. I guess I should have thought of a funny way of writing something that doesn't really have a funny side (I wrote a letter, I received a reply... I can't think of a joke about it, I guess stand up comedy is not my area). :kissingheart:

Back
Top Bottom