A post from NNTP alt.music.morrissey

H

hazard

You may, or may not, be interested to read the following which
was posted on the newsgroups alt.music.morrissey.

DIANA'S DEATH FORETOLD BY MORRISSEY
A Small Sample of the Evidence
©David Alice Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

In January of 1987, The Smiths -- a British band featuring lyricist/singer/album-designer Morrissey
-- released the following single exclusively in France:

Side A - THERE'S A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT / Side B - HALF A PERSON.

Today, Morrissey's lyrics to side 'A' read like a dialogue between Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed in
which they foretell the circumstances of their death. The first two verses are written from the
perspective of a car passenger who is out on a date in the city and desperately wishes to never have
to go back to the home from which [she] has become estranged. The chorus can be read as her
boyfriends' reply, in which he muses that their date could end in a car crash that would kill the
both of them, but that to die by her side would not only be a 'heavenly way to die' (Diana is the
name of the Moon Goddess) but would in fact be a 'privilege' (the 'privilege' of dating a princess).
Specific mention is then made of being 'gripped' by 'a strange fear' in a 'darkened underpass.' Dodi
and Diana's fatal crash occurred in an underpass! Turning to side 'B' of this single, its first
words are 'Call me morbid, call me pale, I spent six years on your trail.' This corresponds
precisely to the members of the paparazzi who had 'trailed' Diana into the underpass and were then
accused of being 'morbid' for taking photographs of the dying Princess instead of rushing to call
for an ambulance.

This was the only Smiths single in the lifetime of the band to be issued solely in France -- the
country where Princess Diana died over a decade later. Fittingly, the 'A' side came from The Smiths
album whose title THE QUEEN IS DEAD announces the death of a royal female.

Morrissey named the album THE QUEEN IS DEAD after a chapter in Hubert Selby's novel, LAST EXIT TO
BROOKLYN [BROOKLYN is the largest of the five boroughs that comprise the city of NEW YORK]. This
matches the fact that Princess Diana's fatal crash in an underpass tunnel occurred as she was
heading toward its EXIT to the Avenue de NEW YORK.

For the album cover of THE QUEEN IS DEAD, Morrissey, an Englishman, chose a photo of a French actor
(Alain Delon) in a French film (L'Insoumis). Correspondingly, Princess Diana died in France. Alain
is the first name of the actor on the cover of THE QUEEN IS DEAD. This points to the fact that Alain
is the first name of the hospital spokesperson (Dr. Alain Pavie) who made the official announcement
to the world that Princess Diana was dead.

THE QUEEN IS DEAD begins with audio from the 1963 film THE L-SHAPED ROOM which is the story of a
woman who moves from France to England. This is consistent with Princess Diana's corpse being moved
from France to England. The lead role in THE L-SHAPED ROOM was played by Leslie Caron who was born
on July 1st - Princess Diana's birthday.

Morrissey's very first verse on THE QUEEN IS DEAD includes the uniquely phrased line "hemmed in like
a boar between arches" which provides a precise analogy to the circumstances of Diana's death. She
was pursued like a hunted animal - "like a boar" - until she was "hemmed in" in an underpass by the
paparazzi and crashed into the center row of pillars which connect to the underpass ceiling to form
a series of "arches". Morrissey's very next line refers to "Her Very Lowness with her head in a
sling." This is in keeping with the fact that the Princess suffered her fatal injury in an underpass
- below(!) the ground.

Morrissey's very last verse on THE QUEEN IS DEAD refers to the specific scene in the 1965 British
comedy CARRY ON CLEO in which Anthony and Cleopatra open "a crate of ale." This particular Cleopatra
was played by an actress whose pseudonym 'AMANDA BARRIE' is a perfect pun for 'A MAN TO BURY.'
Cleopatra
symbolizes Egypt. The fact that THE QUEEN IS DEAD album ends with reference to this particular
cinematic portrayal of Cleopatra in a specifically alcohol-related context foretells the fact that
Diana's death would involve the death of an Egyptian man ('A MAN TO BURY') and that alcohol would
play a critical part. Hence, it points to Dodi Fayed and his drunken chauffeur. This final verse
leads back into a chorus in which Morrissey does nothing more than point out that "Some girls are
bigger than others" and "Some girl's mothers are bigger than other girl's mothers." If "bigger"
means more prominent and more famous then this chorus serves as a further portent of Diana's death
by its connecting of the 'biggest girl' in the world, [Princess Diana], and the 'biggest mother' in
the world, [Mother Theresa]. More than a decade after the writing of this song, the 'biggest mother'
wound up dying on the eve of the funeral of the 'biggest girl.'

As noted earlier, THE QUEEN IS DEAD began with audio from the 1963 film THE L-SHAPED ROOM.
Specifically, it was the sound of a sing-along led by a female character named Mavis. Looking ahead
to the final Smiths album, SINGLES, prior to Princess Diana's death we find that Morrissey chose for
its cover actress Diana(!) Dors, who was born Mavis(!) Fluck. She is pictured clutching the pillars
of a headboard while staring out somberly from behind them. This is highly symbolic of the fact that
Princess Diana's death was the result of a crash into a row of pillars. This picture of Diana Dors
was taken from a film whose title, YIELD TO THE NIGHT, is consistent with the time of Princess
Diana's crash just minutes after midnight. YIELD TO THE NIGHT was based on the novel by Joan Henry.
Its cast included actress Joan Miller who died on August 31st - the date of Princess Diana's death.
This explains why the only actual death ever referred to on THE QUEEN IS DEAD was the death of Joan
of Arc - history's most revered Joan! On this the very last Smiths album before Diana's death, the
final song turns out to be the aforementioned THERE'S A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT from THE QUEEN IS
DEAD. As you recall it had previously appeared as the 'A' side of the only Smiths single in the
band's lifetime to be released exclusively to France. Together with its 'B' side, it described quite
precisely, the circumstances of Diana's death in France.

Morrissey's career extended far beyond The Smiths as did his prophesying the death of the Princess.

Princess Diana died in August of 1997. Earlier that very month Morrissey released an album,
MALADJUSTED. The front and back covers of MALADJUSTED were pure silver. Up to the date of Diana's
death, there had been more than 100 different cover pictures issued worldwide for Morrissey/Smiths
albums and singles. Only MALADJUSTED is silver. Consider this:

"The alchemists used to make an amalgam of crystallized silver

It was known as Diana's Tree because for the alchemists silver was Diana's color"

-THE MOON: Myth, Magic and Fact, Diana Brueton, 1991.

Morrissey's opening line on MALADJUSTED is "I want to start from before the beginning". In the same
song he makes repeated mention of "the Fulham road lights" and characterizes himself as a prostitute
- "working girls like me." You will recall that "before the beginning" of THE QUEEN IS DEAD there
was audio from THE L-SHAPED ROOM, the film based on the novel by Lynne Reid Banks. In the first
chapter of the novel we are given this description of the L-shaped room by its occupant Jane:

"My room was five flights up in one of those gone-to-seed houses in FulhamThere were a couple of
prostitutes in the basement"

"It's one room in the worst part of Fulham. two tarts live in the basement."

-THE L-SHAPED ROOM, Lynne Reid Banks

Thus, "I want to start from before the beginning"; "Fulham road"; and "working girls" direct us back
to THE QUEEN IS DEAD via THE L-SHAPED ROOM. The significance of this lies in the fact that Morrissey
is sending us back over a decade to THE QUEEN IS DEAD in the very month(!) that Princess Diana is
going to die.

ALMA MATTERS, the second song on MALADJUSTED, was the last Morrissey single issued before the death
of Diana. In this song's mysterious confessional lyric, he tells us that his seemingly "wrong" life
has been chosen for the sake of "someone, somewhere" to whom "Alma matters in mind body and soul."
Who is this "someone, somewhere" and who or what is ALMA? Morrissey doesn't give any clue other than
to say that he has "never been surer" about their place in of his life. Later in the very same month
as the release of this single, Princess Diana died from injuries sustained in a car crash in the
underpass tunnel beneath Le Place de ALMA!

The cover of the single ALMA MATTERS is a photograph of Morrissey leaning on the hood of a car. Up
to the date of Diana's death, there had been more than 100 different cover pictures issued worldwide
for Morrissey/Smiths albums and singles. ALMA MATTERS, the last to be issued before Diana's death -
and in the precise month of her death - was the only one to feature, or ever even show, a car. Diana
suffered her fatal injuries in a car! In the ALMA tunnel!

The next song on the ALMA MATTERS single was HEIR APPARENT. Ultimately, Diana's death is traceable
to her ill-fated marriage to Prince Charles, the world's most famous Heir Apparent!

At this point, even though you've only seen a small sample of the evidence, it would be entirely
rational for you the reader to concede that Morrissey did foretell the death of Princess Diana. This
raises many questions, chiefly, 'Who enabled Morrissey to do this and why?' I can report that I
possess thoroughly-evidenced answers to these
particular questions. However, I lack the skills necessary to clearly present the remaining 95% of
the data I've compiled since discovering the Diana-Morrissey phenomena. Therefore, I am currently
accepting offers from writers and publishers interested in collaborating on the immense task of
converting my tangled mountain of evidence into a readable format.

"DIANA'S DEATH FORETOLD BY MORRISSEY: A Small Sample of the Evidence" is a copyrighted document that
I, David Alice, born March 20, 1962, in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, have authored and distributed to
news groups worldwide.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Home Page | Back to The Smiths & Morrissey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Page was created by David Rapava
© March 31, 2000

This may or may not dissapoint you but this thing is ancient..... I remember having a good laugh at it about a year ago.

I'm sure if you look hard enough into Morrissey's songs you can find that he predicted the Estonia desaster or the Clinton/Lewinsky affair aswell.......

"But you can do that with anything. You can do that with Abba."

LMC x

I know I know, but with this I wondered just how many other
people in the world are going through lyrics like this !

> "But you can do that with anything. You can do that with
> Abba."

> LMC x

Back
Top Bottom