Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Years of Refusal

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Voices another choice.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, it's obvious that the reaction to YOR is bittersweet.

From reading quite a bit of opinion on here, I was curious if some would bare a bit of mercy on everyone's favorite 30 minutes of quirkiness.

Kill Uncle, Years of Refusal, or neither?

I'd go with Years of Refusal all though I do believe both albums do seem to have the feel of a compilation instead of each track having an album presence.
At least YOR doesn't have a "Harsh Truth of the Camera's Eye".
Unless you consider THPGU having 'kinship' with it.

Don't get me wrong, I love 'Kill Uncle.' But if I had to choose between the two to listen to for the rest of time, I'd pick YoR. Again, no offense to 'Kill Uncle.' The works on YoR are just more pertinent and immediate to certain events in my life at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I love 'Kill Uncle.' But if I had to choose between the two to listen to for the rest of time, I'd pick YoR. Again, no offense to 'Kill Uncle.' The works on YoR are just more pertinent and immediate to certain events in my life at the moment.

Exactly.
It's hard to relate to some of the quaint themes in Kill Uncle songs.

Well, it's obvious that the reaction to YOR is bittersweet.

From reading quite a bit of opinion on here, I was curious if some would bare a bit of mercy on everyone's favorite 30 minutes of quirkiness.

Kill Uncle, Years of Refusal, or neither?

I'd go with Years of Refusal all though I do believe both albums do seem to have the feel of a compilation instead of each track having an album presence.
At least YOR doesn't have a "Harsh Truth of the Camera's Eye".
Unless you consider THPGU having 'kinship' with it.

Oh,OK YOR for me ! I really like the album.

I disagree. The respone is very very positive. Only Vauxhall and Quarry are on a par with it. You should have been here when Viva Hate was released. EVERYBODY hated it.

I disagree. The respone is very very positive. Only Vauxhall and Quarry are on a par with it. You should have been here when Viva Hate was released. EVERYBODY hated it.

REally?? :eek: ah,ah,ha - that's funny :lbf:

I got into Moz because of Viva Hate. Well in fact Suedehead got my attention in 1989 (yes I was late) and I got into Moz and rediscovered the Smiths after that.

Back
Top Bottom