A tad early, methinks?

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tiy-p9CwjRE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tiy-p9CwjRE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I'm sure there are literally tens of people willing to fork out £9,000 per year tuition fees to pontificate the wonder *cough* and sociological impacts of Mrs Gaga:squiffy:

I think this guy is a poor sociologist. Wouldn't study by dispassionate scholars be of more value than the blond-bewigged circle jerk he's proposing?

I will say I agree with Gaga as a useful case study of the sociological phenomenon of fame in postmodern culture... we've had some heated discussions on what Gaga really means over in off-topic, and I even wrote a term paper on her. (I am not a fan.) There's a lot to learn from her, but most of it isn't really pretty.

It's a pretty damning description. "So it's not the person, and it's not the music. It's more this thing out there in society that has 10 million followers on Facebook and six million on Twitter. I mean, that's a social phenomenon." For Christ's sake the guy was a Status Quo fan.

That's like hitting on a woman in a bar by saying, "Would you like to come back to my place? Well, not 'you', exactly. I think some of your body parts, through a combination of pressure and friction, creatively applied, can help me release some built-up tension in my body by causing me to ejaculate into a condom." :rolleyes:

On the other hand, maybe we're missing the point. You've got a closeted Belgian university professor who's going to teach a course on Lady Gaga at the University of South Carolina. Maybe this course should be called "Suicide-Lynching As Public Spectacle". :)

Last edited:
Tags
britain's got jealousy
Back
Top Bottom