A taste!

Even though these letters and quotes are from a teenage Morrissey, it's interesting to see how this junior scribe went on to become a brill lyricist.
Wonder where these girls are now (Julie and Anne Marie). Did they go on to become Moz fans? Are they members of this forum? Do they wish they were still friends with Stephen Patrick? Are they married to some ugly boring guys? Ah, the questions are endless!

Am I the only one who is entirely cynical about these snippets of letters that have only appeared typed, with no evidence of the written originals, and the person who posted them then apparently left the country?! I just detect the distinct air of forgery... they're entertaining but it's like someone trying to hard- doing a clumsy imitation of Morrissey. Just my thoughts.

Am I the only one who is entirely cynical about these snippets of letters that have only appeared typed, with no evidence of the written originals, and the person who posted them then apparently left the country?! I just detect the distinct air of forgery... they're entertaining but it's like someone trying to hard- doing a clumsy imitation of Morrissey. Just my thoughts.

Nope, I'm with you. Well annoying too, I really wanted to see those (assuming they were real, which they aren't).

I have the distinction of appearing on the letters page of the N.M.E. alongside a certain S.W. We both agreed with the Pistols, lending of the Stooges whole act.

No, I am completely with you! I'm surprised a lot of people here haven't questioned them aside from yourself. They sound contrived, clumsy, unlike Morrissey (in my opinion) and the information for them could easily be gleaned from The Severed Alliance. Whats more, we haven't even seen a scanned copy of them. I didn't buy it for a second.

I am completely open to any possibility, there is no scanned copy so someone might have written them imitating Morrissey's style and using the info from "Severed Alliance", or they might be real. I'm not sure about them being 'clumsy' - sure, they're not nearly as elaborate or witty as the Robert Mackie letters, but these are just two short snipets, not much to judge from.

Last edited:
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds them rather dodgy!

I am completely open to any possibility, there is no scanned copy so someone might have written them imitating Morrissey's style and using the info from "Severed Alliance", or they might be real. I'm not sure about them being 'clumsy' - sure, they're not nearly as elaborate or witty as the Robert Mackie letters, but these are just two short snipets, not much to judge from.

Well, I was pretty open-minded at the time they were posted and thought they may well be genuine, but coming back to them again now, and having read the Severed Alliance not long ago I'm just not at all convinced. Just the way things are over-explained, like if I was to write to someone from school, I don't think I would say something like 'remember me, I sat next to you in maths' or whatever, I would really hope they'd know my name if we'd been friends!

Back
Top Bottom