Abortion

Silent Reader

On Timeout
On Timeout
Why all this fuss about Poland making abortion harder?

I'm not religious, so no feelings on it that way, but it should only be allowed in the following circumstances:-

Incest. Rape. Immediate threat to the life of mother and/or child.

I'd never criticise anyone for feeling they couldn't look after a child for whatever reason, but if they don't want it, give it up for adoption. Plenty of people want a child & can't have one.

Poland have got it right.

I'm not religious, so no feelings on it that way, but it should only be allowed in the following circumstances:-

I'd never criticise anyone for feeling they couldn't look after a child for whatever reason, but if they don't want it, give it up for adoption. Plenty of people want a child & can't have one.

Don't have one.
Problem solved.

Don't have one.
Problem solved.
If you become pregnant I'm going to trust you to make your own decisions about it.

But what if your decision is not allowed by the government? meaning, the action a woman takes is against the law which in turn can lead to her death ? I mean if abortion was illegal and the illegal abortion didn’t go right.

Can someone give the boot to this low-effort troll already, the routine is so painfully obvious.

But what if your decision is not allowed by the government? meaning, the action a woman takes is against the law which in turn can lead to her death ? I mean if abortion was illegal and the illegal abortion didn’t go right.
Context, you d**sh**. He's saying that he's against the rights of a woman to have an abortion so I'm saying he ( I assume it's a he) shouldn't have one.

Context, you d**sh**. He's saying that he's against the rights of a woman to have an abortion so I'm saying he ( I assume it's a he) shouldn't have one.

He or she shouldn’t have one what?

I don't understand the incest exception for extreme circumstances of abortion. If the family members were two consenting adults, why is there any need for abortion? Who is the abortion considering? Is it considering the child, who will likely be born with birth defects? If so, isn't aborting a child because of a birth defect a form of eugenics?
Genuine question- It's always baffled me.

Best song ever on this subject.

"That song was hated and loathed. It's not anti-abortion, it's not pro-abortion. It's: 'Think about it. Don't be callous about a human being, but don't be limited about a thing as 'morals' either. Because it's immoral to bring a kid in this world and not give a toss about it.'" Lydon

Read the whole thread and see if you can glean the meaning. I actually regretted the name calling but you kind of campaign for the title so wear it with pride I guess.
Ah don’t worry ‘bout it, name calling is expected from folks that are easily triggered.

:tiphat:

I'm reading about a murderous midwife from the early 1900's.

"Now a stream of unhappy women were arriving at Fazekas’ door, looking for birth control remedies and complaining about the rough attentions of their husbands. Fazekas listened sympathetically, then offered a solution. A problematic husband could be gotten rid of, she said, just like a problematic pregnancy."

This is the page it's on. The title of the book is at the top of the screenshot.
Screenshot_20201105-214457_Kindle.jpg

It's a political matter. The ruling of the constitutional court was now unnecessary to anyone, and the protests are anti-government and have nothing to do with anti-abortion laws. several hundred thousand people have protested in recent weeks, and hospitals in Poland are already refusing to admit patients (Covid 19, life-saving beds and ventilators are running out) ... they have to choose whether to save lives or not ... at this difficult time, women scream at streets: "My pussy - my business. Terrifying ...

I don't understand the incest exception for extreme circumstances of abortion. If the family members were two consenting adults, why is there any need for abortion? Who is the abortion considering? Is it considering the child, who will likely be born with birth defects? If so, isn't aborting a child because of a birth defect a form of eugenics?
Genuine question- It's always baffled me.
Because incest is illegal I would imagine. And it doesn’t really count as eugenics in that instance I’d say.

Back
Top Bottom