about the sunday Rdio CIty show

P

puddle

i have so many responses to make to the posts on the main page but i always get error messages. . .davidT why is that?

anyway. . .first off, the show was great. i had great seats in the front. i was hoping for different songs but he played the exact same songs as saturday but in different order. i know morrissey has done this before in the past but i still enjoyed it. i just would have really loved Jack the Ripper. he seemed to be annoyed today, and he mentionned how horrible the venue security are, half way through the show, and he totally got pissed in the end. so the venue staff not only pissed us fans, but morrissey too.

Now. . . someone said morrissey is rude to the audience up front. i was there, as i was there in tha past too. . .he is not rude. he someties teases them with the handshake but it's all playful. and sometimes he looks upset but he isn't. i don't how many shows you've been to over the years, but if anything, he is so much less arrogant than say 10 years ago. I do feel the NYC peole in general tends to be too rigid. But there are plenty of fans that are not. it's why morrissey may avoid this large venue Radio City and go to the Apollo or hammerstein or roseland again. . where the staff are as brutal, the capacity smaller so you get the biggest of fans in there, and most importantly you won't get these snobs at the other venues.

as far as stage invaders are concerned. there's that one poster who says that he was probably pissed at the stage invader trying to get up there. what's up with you? you're the same person that posted after the NJ show complaing about that. trying to convince people morrissey doesn't want it. if it was your way, you'd like it if everyone sat down. you are so wrong about morrissey not liking it. i thought the first invader went way too far. but you have to understand that some fans get over emotional and do stupid things. Morrissey shakes it off and yes he did look annoyed. . .i mean the guy did jump on him and then kissed morrissey right on the lips. but i'm sure this wasn't the first time this happened to morrissey. so many of you treat him like he is this fragile old man. he is not. we wouldn't even have this discussion if it were Morrissey tour 1997 or something. also, i have a feeling that some of the people that sometimes tackle him to the ground don't mean to. they're running so fast so the security don't catch them and just don't slow down. but mostly it's just being voerly enthusiastic. and morrissey know this, he's been there every show since the early 80s.

but morrissey definately encourages fan's going up. he totally got pissed during the encore and even tried to pry the woman loose from the security. before he left he told the crowd to boo the security. and we did. as far as the people saying morrissey is a baby and should act more professional. . .first of all he's done this many times in the past when it comes to security, including the Smiths days. . .and secondly i like it that he cares for his fans. it's nice to see he gets emotional for us. "thanks for trying"

someone asked what song did someone ask for morrissey to sing which promted his no response (i forget the exact quote, it's on the main page. well anyway, the song was Sheila Take A Bow.

anyways. . .morrissey come back to the roseland or hammerstein sometime. please we need a good GA show. that's another thing. people say energy was low. other than the fact that many fans were screwed into getting shitty seats, including MEZ, because of the way the tickets were realeased, you have to understand the security didn't even allow people to go up to fill empty PIT seats scalpers weren't able to sell. there were sooo many opennings. i saw liek 6 seats in a row vacant throughout the show. some fans asked nicely if they could go up to the empty seats. the answer was always no. like morrissey said, they shakled our ankles.

in conclusion. i loved both nights. . .just wished he changed the setlist.

i meant to say where the staff are not as brutal or in the case of Apollo, not at all.

sorry. . .i had a few drinks when i got back.

i want to add. . that sometimes when morrissey gets pissed off at the staff/venue, sometimes the fans get a bum deal. some people may put down morrissey for that, saying he should be professional and not take it out on the fans. but he's not taking shit out on the fans. it just shows he's human--most of us are the same way. he was angry, so he didn't finish the song. .. becasue you know, he was angry. be happy he respects us. Damn i can't stand new yorkers. . .someone save me from this city. some of you are such self-centered tight-asses who don't understand shit. and some of oyu have the nerve to put down morrissey. i have many friends here ans i know many morrissey fans who are here are totally cool. but lets face it, the vibe in this city sucks. . .not just for morrissey but in general. i've been to shows in other cities, and the more west you go in this country, the better the vibe and the more laid back are the people, and the security. it's no surprise i'm thinking about going to san fran or seattle.

in short. . .morrissey doesn't expect us to be shackled, and i can only hope people don't expect him to be shackled. to think some of you could complain about him getting angry in the end.

correction. . .he did change the setlist. . .took out two and put two in. i must be on crack.

Back
Top Bottom