Adam Ant quip, Smiths references in Record Collector (Nov. 2011)

From the November issue of Record Collector:
  • Complete the crossword, and win a super-deluxe Smiths Complete Box Set
  • Profile of arch-Smiths collector Billy Albert
  • The Billy Albert profile mentions his excellent site www.poprockposters.com, which has some excellent stuff, including Smiths & Morrissey articles.
  • Rough Trade Collectables (No Smiths)
  • And a review of Adam Ant (Chelsea)...
2n7m4qq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Adam. What's his beef with Moz? Boz has worked with both of them...is it something to do with that?

What an awful thing to say. Is he cross because Morrissey & The Smiths are still listened to ? Keep singing Morrissey ....... piss him off more !

one has-been of the '80s era slagging off another? news?

Maybe he was having one of his bi-polar moments.

A reason could be that Mr Ant approached Morrissey suggesting a 'duet' in the 90's. Obviously this was suitably declined and clearly still festers inside the rather now ridiculous Ant. This is not any 'inside' information, Ant says it in his autobiography.

straightjacket for mr ant,what a prick.this is somebody who couldnt get near the music press for a long long time.these people say these things because they know it will get a cheer,if he has said mozz great the crowd would have cheered because when you are in a crowd situation like a concert most people tend to go with the flow and get swept up in the moment.maybe ant mabel is one of the anonymous posters on here,bawbag.

"when you are in a crowd situation like a concert most people tend to go with the flow and get swept up in the moment"

You and others are very DANGEROUS people!

Adam Ant played two nights at Under the Bridge (5+6 August) ; I was at both gigs. On the 5th he slagged off Moz saying something along the lines of "no one's going to tell me what I can and cannot eat". Funny enough, Boz showed up to the gig on the 6th (night before his gig with Moz at Brixton), as did Sex Pistols drummer Paul Cook (both Paul and Boz back up Edwyn Collins on stage).

Adam Ant? Can't believe people still pay to see that festering scrotum pimple.

thought it's well known Mr. Ant is taken pills for his mentall ill disordersThat doesn't say anything about his opinion of Morrissey, he's not the only one who praises his musical work [lyricist], but as his persol opinion is not a very social and kind .
I'd never had the oportunity to meet the M from Manchester face to face on the streets, so don't reply with who /what/where people said something though 'die w*nker' on his door, carved by Gary Day is a fact.

Last edited:
Adam Ant played two nights at Under the Bridge (5+6 August) ; I was at both gigs. On the 5th he slagged off Moz saying something along the lines of "no one's going to tell me what I can and cannot eat". Funny enough, Boz showed up to the gig on the 6th (night before his gig with Moz at Brixton), as did Sex Pistols drummer Paul Cook (both Paul and Boz back up Edwyn Collins on stage).

Thanks for that info. Very interesting. Wish I had been there.

Morrissey name checked in new Adam Ant song 'Vince Taylor'

A track from Adam Ant's forthcoming album 'Adam Ant Is The Blueblack Hussar In Marrying The Gunner's Daughter' name checks Morrissey.

The track is titled 'Vince Taylor' and the lyrics (to my knowledge) are:

Johnny looked back
You know he never looked back
The whole world was his stage
He never acted his age

A girl we call French Valerie
Gave a gold plate chain to me
I asked her who had given it her
An old flame called Vince Taylor

I nearly done a Vince Taylor

Oh, Johnny looked back
Leather and chains
So damn vain
Never seen his like again
Must have left his mark on me
Even liked by Morrissey

Johnny looked back

Leather and chains
He never acted his age

A girl we call French Valerie
Asked her who had given it her
An old flame called Vince Taylor

Leather and chains
goddamn vain
We're never gonna see his like again
Bonnie Prince Taylor

Johnny looked back
He never acted his age

A girl called French Valerie
I asked her who had given it her
An old flame named Vince Taylor

I saw him perform this a few nights ago in Leeds but here's a decent upload from Guildford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfkeE2mn1bQ

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom