Alain plays "Hold On To Your Friends"; interview on "Breakfast with The Smiths" radio show (Dec. 26)

Famous when dead posted the link:

BREAKFAST WITH ALAIN WHYTE (AND THE SMITHS)! - Alain Whyte blog

Alain just did an interview with Jose Maldonado for his “Breakfast with The Smiths” radio show on The Independent FM. Played a couple of tunes, discussed the new record, “The Experiment" EP” and recounted a story or two from the time spent with The Lads writing and touring with Morrissey. Be sure to tune in this Wednesday (Dec. 26th) at 8am Pacific/[corrected: 4pm Uk time].

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think it was bad, the difference is Morrissey makes difficult notes sound easy, here it took all that Alain had to sound, well let's say...just alright.... Still one of my favorite songs

Handwritten and signed lyric sheets of The Experiment can be purchased on Alain's website for only $50. For $55 Alain will come to your house and sing.

Whyteside forever, and after years, He can do an intervieuw and just plug in and play and sing this beautifull song alone in a studio , which is Jose 'hooligan' Maldano's broadcast room

Losing Alain certainly has made negative influence on Morrissey's last albums though WPINOYB is a great album due input of Gustavo Manzur

Whyteside forever, and after years, He can do an intervieuw and just plug in and play and sing this beautifull song alone in a studio , which is Jose 'hooligan' Maldano's broadcast room

Losing Alain certainly has made negative influence on Morrissey's last albums though WPINOYB is a great album due input of Gustavo Manzur[/QUOTE]

Oh really?

Lovely performance of HOTYF. Well done, Alain. That cascading, rolling riff is so beautiful. It's nice to be reminded of just how good the music was that underpinned Morrissey's earlier work. Properly melodic, with great hooky riffs and seamless structure. Proper musicanship. That's what we've lost.

Totally agree. But the lyrics also sound very un-Moz, since they are so warm and happy. They sound like they come from a happy period in his life, from a time when he actually had friends. It sounds like a warning to himself -- a one he didn't listen to.

I think as with anything positive, it's easy to want more of a good thing - especially if you feel like there was more on the way. As it stands though, it's the same deal as with the Smiths - we're just so lucky that we've got these bodies of work full stop. And by that metric, the luck is endless - right down to the slim chance that life on the planet evolved in the first place, and indeed to a state of cultural appreciation (if you want to go there and be philosophical haha) :)

Anyways, I love Alain's songs, I love his friendly outlook on things, and I love that whatever happens, no one can erase the music - even if they can prevent more being made. Hold on to your friends, indeed...

I know! Definitely no "I'm Not a Man" or "Who Will Protect Us From The Police" or "The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Would Not Kneel" but oh well...Seriously, Alain is SORELY MISSED.

:rolleyes:
OY.

Moz has good collaborators now, like Gustavo and Jesse. FFS. who have musical knowledge of many different genres.
why cant Alain twat write comet songs with :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, why does everyone have to sponge off Moz? yes Moz helped him make good songs out of some bits of Alains musical twattery, thinks hes Elton John and is reduced to selling 'Ep's':mad: using Moz as bait.:oops:
will he be 'touring' the album in tiny DramaJ venues around Manchester? Maybe Skinny can set up a mosque tour for him.:lbf:
what a TWAT LOL:D

Alain twat would get nervous and commence to shake on stage, making a spectacle of himself.:lbf:

Jesse gets a lot of heat but Gustavo has had an even worse impact on Morrissey music. He has completely declawed the music and at times makes them sound like a third rate mariachi band. Dislike his voice too.

There hasn't been any 'Morrissey music' for years,
The Morrissey noise we now get is utter shite, they can't even perform Chain Gang, they'd struggle to perform Happy Birthday :guitar:

Happy times Alain :thumb: Cheers

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

WARNING WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:swear

ALAIN TWAT IS GOING TO BE ON THE SMITHS RADIO INTERNET SHOW!!!

TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER AND RADIO:ahhh:

Nice that he chose The Edges... to be played.
He also discussed Life Is A Pigsty demo being better than the recorded one and a live version was then played as his choice.
Alain mentioned 'The Death of Rock-N-Roll' (on new EP) was offered to Morrissey and passed on.
A couple of anecdotes with Hold On.. & 'Crossroads' played in the studio also.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
In fairness to Peppermint, Alain was a massive loss. Moz's music has suffered ever since. As much as I love almost every Moz album they don't really compare to Your Arsenal or Vauxhall or Quarry. Jesse is not an adequate replacement for Alain.

People are such simpletons.

Why compare ?

Why feel ‘loss’ ?

Why choose one over the other?

Why invent conflict?

Why see songs as better or worse, why not see
past and present work as different and enjoy those differences?

We should all just be grateful to be alive at the same time as this great artist and enjoy all that he offers.

Or don’t, and find a site dedicated to an artist
that one DOES enjoy.

Well stated Acton. As fans we take what we can get. But I am glad I was a fan during these earlier times.

MrShoes

Maybe ‘well stated’ but extremely narrow in scope to view music in that way.

People are such simpletons.

Why compare ?

Why feel ‘loss’ ?

Why choose one over the other?

Why invent conflict?

Why see songs as better or worse, why not see
past and present work as different and enjoy those differences?

We should all just be grateful to be alive at the same time as this great artist and enjoy all that he offers.

Or don’t, and find a site dedicated to an artist
that one DOES enjoy.
Why? Because the present music sucks, maybe...just a guess.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom