Alain Whyte is GONE GONE GONE GONE GONE

Jesus christ people. what that f*** will it take for you to realize that Jessie "no-talent" Tobias is the NEW, and Alain has been fired.fired.fired fired!!!! Why do i know this?? For f*** sake, if Alain was really "ill" Moz would have so much as mentioned him by now. Let the fans know he would be back, or getting better or something? But NO!! Moz keeps introducing Jesse as "wonderful" and if you listen to the Westwood One Promo Morrissey says; " i would like to intorduce our [new] guitarist, Jesse" and there was a big emphasis on New. Jesse on album tracks, Jesse in the upcoming DVD, etc etc. Photos etc. Look how moz treated Gary and Spencer when they got sacked..the same f***ing way. and we all reacted the same f***ing way. Spencer was "sick" at first then he was reported to have "other commitments" does anyone remember this. It took a few of us here who eventually ran into him around the LES in NYC to find out the real deal. So forget it. Alain is gone. For those of you who will bash me, let me say that i write this in anger and disbelief. But we must finally come to the realization that our dear Alain is gone. And that sucks big time. He is brilliant, and Jesse is a shit-sack with no f***ing talent compared to whyte. Sorry, thats just that way it is. A "sessioner" or temp does not recive the attention that Jessee is getting. J Bridgewood? remeber him getting his ass kissed? SPike Smith? anymore evidence needed.

> Jesus christ people. what that f*** will it take for you to realize that
> Jessie "no-talent" Tobias is the NEW, and Alain has been
> fired.fired.fired fired!!!! Why do i know this?? For f*** sake, if Alain
> was really "ill" Moz would have so much as mentioned him by now.
> Let the fans know he would be back, or getting better or something? But
> NO!! Moz keeps introducing Jesse as "wonderful" and if you
> listen to the Westwood One Promo Morrissey says; " i would like to
> intorduce our [new] guitarist, Jesse" and there was a big emphasis on
> New. Jesse on album tracks, Jesse in the upcoming DVD, etc etc. Photos
> etc. Look how moz treated Gary and Spencer when they got sacked..the same
> f***ing way. and we all reacted the same f***ing way. Spencer was
> "sick" at first then he was reported to have "other
> commitments" does anyone remember this. It took a few of us here who
> eventually ran into him around the LES in NYC to find out the real deal.
> So forget it. Alain is gone. For those of you who will bash me, let me say
> that i write this in anger and disbelief. But we must finally come to the
> realization that our dear Alain is gone. And that sucks big time. He is
> brilliant, and Jesse is a shit-sack with no f***ing talent compared to
> whyte. Sorry, thats just that way it is. A "sessioner" or temp
> does not recive the attention that Jessee is getting. J Bridgewood?
> remeber him getting his ass kissed? SPike Smith? anymore evidence needed.

Sad but most likely true. I just hope that we finally receive an explanation as to why Morrissey decided to part ways with him. Yet, as with most things Morrissey we never get the whole story despite so many people knowing the truth.

> Sad but most likely true. I just hope that we finally receive an
> explanation as to why Morrissey decided to part ways with him. Yet, as
> with most things Morrissey we never get the whole story despite so many
> people knowing the truth.
I've had this idea circling round my head for a while now- Maybe Moz was envious of Alain in a way? Both extremely attractive men. Alain a bit younger than Moz. Alain very very talented. Moz, hello, we KNOW what HE'S made of, or otherwise we wouldn't BE here now. This is only my humble opinion. Alain Whyte was getting too much publicity- for his talents as a musician and song writer, not to mention extrememly handsome looks. Morrissey, getting ready to launch "Quarry" maybe didn't *need* that obstacle. Enter Jesse, a good guitarist but nothing to write home about. That's my opinion, and hey, I'm sticking with it. Maybe some of you would agree this might be true? Also I was laughing to myself about the pic of Moz and Jed ( in janitor uniform?) This refrain kept going through my head. "I've Got The Brains And You've Got The Brawn, Let's Make Lots Of Money".(PSB "Opportunities") But both Moz and from what we know of Jed, he could be a clever one as well. So, you have two very intelligent people, one more attractive than the other ( sorry Jed ) with 3x amount of brain power. Alain Whyte was just getting in the WAY.

That is completely untrue.

Moz jealous? Alain in the way? I think not. A good conspiracy-type theory perhaps, but not likely. Moz would never be so petty. Ever. Why would he willingly -- and according to your theory, forcibly -- remove Alain from the band? He wouldn't. Alain, together with Boz, have contributed nearly 100% of the material since around the time of "Your Arsenal," with Alain making up more than half.
MOZ ISN'T PETTY! Give him more credit than that.

And, to respond to the post above that one: the reason we don't know? Frankly, it's none of our business. The reason so many know the truth and it hasn't leaked? Pure, unvarnished loyalty toward Moz from the people around him, which is a wonderfully comforting thing, if you think about it. Hell, I'm glad it hasn't leaked, because that proves Moz has people around him that he can trust, and I'm glad for that.

But, for what it's worth, I'd like to see Alain return also, and soon. I hope nothing but the absolute best for him and his family.

Ripping on Jesse probably isn't required. He took up an incredible offer that few musicians would turn down. I'm sure he's uncomfortable about his quasi-official status, too. He's a talented player, no doubt, but for now he's playing all other people's songs until (and if) he's given a chance to write some. That is, if Morrissey is planning another album, with all the retirement rumours swirling. Did Sanctary really sign him for a one-album deal??

Back to people being gone, what always amazes me is that all the people excommunicated over the years (and surely this constitutes over 20 seemingly people if you count on-musicians) NEVER seem to go on record about exactly what went down, at least not in any detail.

It's really the one thing I've never been comfortable about with Morrissey -- and I worship the guy -- is how he's treated some of his collaborators (not referring to Rourke/Joyce). On one hand he always carefully introduces each of Th' Lads, sometimes complimenting (though this only started recently), but on the other, you'd never, ever hear him say something like "Alain wrote this great track" or "Boz wanted to create such-and-such a sound" etc.

It's ALL about Morrissey, and we like it that way, but he might be surprised that we like his co-writers/band members too!

sentence correction

I had a brain blip. The sentence should've read: (and surely this constitutes over 20 seemingly inner circle people if you count non-musicians as well).

Have you thought maybe it's all about Morrissey because the band want it that way? In any interview I've ever read with one of his musicians they talk about the pressures Morrissey has. Perhaps they don't want to be famous. What sane person would? As it is they get the lifestyle And money without the pressures.

Also perhaps the logical reason that his old musicians don't talk about him is because they are decent human beings and they like the man. He could hardly prevent them if they wanted to could he? He's not Don Corleone. Also perhaps no journalist has ever asked them about Morrissey. The interest has often not been as high as it is now.

> I've had this idea circling round my head for a while now- Maybe Moz was
> envious of Alain in a way? Both extremely attractive men. Alain a bit
> younger than Moz.

well giving up a writing partner after 13 years because he is more attractive? get real. Both were looking fine then 1991 and now.
let me ask: is Alain intelligent? from the importance it does not look like that. bit of a goof really.

> Jesus christ people. what that f*** will it take for you to realize that
> Jessie "no-talent" Tobias is the NEW, and Alain has been
> fired.fired.fired fired!!!! Why do i know this?? For f*** sake, if Alain
> was really "ill" Moz would have so much as mentioned him by now.
> Let the fans know he would be back, or getting better or something? But
> NO!! Moz keeps introducing Jesse as "wonderful" and if you
> listen to the Westwood One Promo Morrissey says; " i would like to
> intorduce our [new] guitarist, Jesse" and there was a big emphasis on
> New. Jesse on album tracks, Jesse in the upcoming DVD, etc etc. Photos
> etc. Look how moz treated Gary and Spencer when they got sacked..the same
> f***ing way. and we all reacted the same f***ing way. Spencer was
> "sick" at first then he was reported to have "other
> commitments" does anyone remember this. It took a few of us here who
> eventually ran into him around the LES in NYC to find out the real deal.
> So forget it. Alain is gone. For those of you who will bash me, let me say
> that i write this in anger and disbelief. But we must finally come to the
> realization that our dear Alain is gone. And that sucks big time. He is
> brilliant, and Jesse is a shit-sack with no f***ing talent compared to
> whyte. Sorry, thats just that way it is. A "sessioner" or temp
> does not recive the attention that Jessee is getting. J Bridgewood?
> remeber him getting his ass kissed? SPike Smith? anymore evidence needed.

Its Alain on the M in Manchester dvd

> And, to respond to the post above that one: the reason we don't know?
> Frankly, it's none of our business. The reason so many know the truth and
> it hasn't leaked? Pure, unvarnished loyalty toward Moz from the people
> around him, which is a wonderfully comforting thing, if you think about
> it. Hell, I'm glad it hasn't leaked, because that proves Moz has people
> around him that he can trust, and I'm glad for that.

> But, for what it's worth, I'd like to see Alain return also, and soon. I
> hope nothing but the absolute best for him and his family.

I wasn't complaining, I was just stating a fact. Yet, I am still amazed that Morrissey has found this many (or few, however you want to look at it) people who are loyal to him until the end. It's very rare his line of business as we all know, but it's great that he has.

> I wasn't complaining, I was just stating a fact. Yet, I am still amazed
> that Morrissey has found this many (or few, however you want to look at
> it) people who are loyal to him until the end. It's very rare his line of
> business as we all know, but it's great that he has.
I knew you were just stating a fact. Have you ever been fortunate enough to meet Alain? I have, and he is the nicest, most sincere person - absolutely NO pretense about him at ALL. I will miss him. Anyway, how are you Red? I've missed our chats! Cheers!! Colleen