Alain Whyte: "Life Is A Pigsty" - Safe At Home Sessions (May 22, 2020)

Ooh no. A good effort but it doesn't work with just a solo acoustic guitar.
A brilliantly composed song though, Alain. Well done.

Well I think it works brilliantly. Sounds great to my ears.

i hope they can work together again.

Well I think it works brilliantly. Sounds great to my ears.

i hope they can work together again.
It sounded like an impassioned plea to Moz. Alain would be a great addition to the band, (without anyone leaving I may add) it really feels like he's missing being involved and time is moving on so maybe he's trying to extend a hand to Morrissey in the hope they could work together again.

?

NO MAS ALAINT!!!☹
every Moz song you plan to tear up??

It sounded like an impassioned plea to Moz. Alain would be a great addition to the band, (without anyone leaving I may add) it really feels like he's missing being involved and time is moving on so maybe he's trying to extend a hand to Morrissey in the hope they could work together again.
Maybe they could just reform the songwriting partnership, not sure if that would work for Alain but I do think that is the only way back unless Boz chooses to move on. Many are commenting on Morrissey and his attitude towards people but I do think he is loyal to his band. I don't think he will drop someone to bring Alain into the live setup.

Alain was a great songwriter, so even if he's not in the band, cutting that off completely seems a dumb move. In an ideal world, Morrissey would be open to receiving demos not just from his current lineup, but from Alain, Stephen Street, Mark Nevin, Spencer, etc. He'd have a wealth of material to choose from, rather than having to keep it limited to whoever was actually in the touring band at that time.

Alain would only go back with Boz, Gaz, Spenny (and Moz?). Real band feeling came close only around 91/92. Afterwards: Substitute after substitute. Some good, some not.

Ringleader was the first "new" Morrissey album to be released after I became a die-hard Morrissey fan in the early '00s. Although I now rate it as one of Morrissey's weaker albums and hardly ever listen to it, I can't express how much I loved it back then, and it was mainly because of this song which I listened to over and over again.

With the frustrations and toxicity surrounding being a Morrissey fan in recent years, this cover is a wonderful reminder of how instrumental Morrissey was in my younger years. Absolutely loved it.

Absolutely......what do we have to do to get these two back together?

Maybe they could just reform the songwriting partnership, not sure if that would work for Alain but I do think that is the only way back unless Boz chooses to move on. Many are commenting on Morrissey and his attitude towards people but I do think he is loyal to his band. I don't think he will drop someone to bring Alain into the live setup.
The chance for Alain to be a part of the songwriting team may be enough for him if Morrissey thought it was appropriate to use music out with his current collaborators. Interestingly, depending what songs Moz selects to sing live there are times when Boz doesn't play guitar and plays some other instrument so perhaps there is a role to play. All hypothetical of course but Alain has played a huge part in Moz's solo career and it's crystal clear he cherishes his time with Moz and The Lads. Fans love him too.

In an ideal world, Morrissey would be open to receiving demos not just from his current lineup, but from Alain, Stephen Street, Mark Nevin, Spencer, etc. He'd have a wealth of material to choose from, rather than having to keep it limited to whoever was actually in the touring band at that time.
May as well throw Marr in there! ?

Pigsty is probably my fave Morrissey song of the 2000s. I wonder if Moz is seeing any of these Alain vids.

?

NO MAS ALAINT!!!☹
every Moz song you plan to tear up??
It's a pity but I think all you are proving at this stage is that you know nothing about music and, most unsettling, absolutely nothing about Morrissey. I get your schtick - but displaying your absolute ignorance really doesn't help your cause. Hey ho...

Come on mix swallow your pride and make an acoustic album with Alain .... and Boz too

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom