Alain Whyte News...

M

Maladjustedx

Morrissey collaborator and guitarist Alain Whyte has completed an as-of-yet-untitled debut full-length release by his new project Red Lightning.

Having only played a handful of live shows to date, Red Lightning are currently booked on a six-state U.S. tour/record label showcase beginning November 30th at the Knitting Factory in Los Angeles. Confirmed tour dates are as follows:

11/30 @ Knitting Factory, Los Angeles
12/02 @ The Brigg, Huntington Beach
12/04 @ House of Rock n Roll, El Paso
12/06 @ MoMo¹s, Austin
12/07 @ Sidecar Pub, Houston
12/08 @ Trees, Dallas
12/09 @ VZD's, Oklahoma City
12/10 @ The Venue, Tulsa
12/13 @ Atomic Cantina, Albuquerque
12/15 @ Monte Vista Lounge, Flagstaff
12/16 @ Celebrity, Las Vegas

Additional dates to be added.

³Red Lightning came about simply because I wanted to write and record my own songs in a more stripped down fashion as a three-piece,² said Alain Whyte, guitarist and songwriter of Red Lightning. ³Working with someone as talented as Morrissey for 15 years is something I wouldn¹t trade for the world. Having co-written albums like, ³You Are The Quarry² and ³Viva Arsenal² with Morrissey has been a truly amazing experience. While I am not giving that up, I am very focused on Red Lightning at the moment and am trying to create something great from scratch.²

Red Lightning features Whyte (formerly of Johnny Panic & The Motivators) on guitar & vocals with former Down By Law rhythm section John Dimambro on bass, and Milo Todesco on drums. The band draws musical inspiration from bands such as U2, The Clash, The Cult, The Smiths and, of course, Morrissey. A special 8-song limited edition CD will feature songs from the forthcoming album and an EPK containing MP3¹s, contact information, lyrics and more. Other than via distribution to the press, this pre-release sampler will only be available for purchase on this tour.

The currently untitled Red Lightning release is produced by David Newton (Mighty Lemon Drops, The Blood Arm & Blue Aeroplanes) and is the first recorded music from Whyte since his collaboration on Morrissey¹s ³You Are the Quarry². Additionally Whyte has just completed recording the new Morrissey CD ³Ringleader of the Tormentors² in Rome, Italy. He will still be writing songs and working on future albums with Morrissey while also working on Red Lightning.

The track listing for Red Lightning¹s debut CD is as follows: ³Sign Up², ³Something Out of Nothing², ³Crushed², ³L.A. Crashlanding², ³Baby Come Back², ³Reborn², ³Change My Heart², ³Final Curtain², ³I Miss You², ³Baby I¹m Strange², ³Principal Friend² and ³Two of Us². All songs were written by Alain Whyte and music written by Red Lightning.

So no live Alain. I've never seen him live. Just have to settle for the slightly dull Jesse.

Back
Top Bottom