Alain Whyte official twitter (new); The Experiment EP track list (4 tracks, late Dec. 2018 release)

Famous when dead added in the comments:

Um... Nobody see the YouTube blurb?
It's a bit more interesting than whether the song featured is any good or not:
"Alain Whyte.
The Experiment EP (4 tracks) on 12" black vinyl, limited 12" white vinyl, cd and digital download to be offered directly from www.alainwhytemusic.com late December 2018.
Also appearing on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, etc. the beginning of January 2019.
***Pre-orders will tentatively be accepted between Dec. 10 through Dec. 21, 2018 For those that pre-order, included with purchase will be a one time digital download code providing access to 4 BONUS* acoustic tracks:
1. The Experiment (acoustic)
2. The Death of Rock-N-Roll (acoustic)
3. First Of The Gang To Die (acoustic)
4. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful (acoustic)

*bonus tracks only available via pre-order of the EP (details will be posted shortly on alainwhytemusic.com). There is no intention of offering them separately. PLEASE feel free to share the link to this video. Also, social media sites will go live very soon and if you'd like to stay in touch and get additional updates and be the first to know about special offers, please follow:
Twitter: @alainwhytemusic
Instagram: alainwhytemusic
Facebook: Alain Whyte Music
**Thank you to ALL friends and family for your continued support.
The Experiment written & performed by Alain Whyte Video directed and filmed by Darrin Neuer Drums on The Experiment played by Dean Butterworth."

Something I will be purchasing.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious. I love Alain and wish him success but it's hard to see what the aim is with this, when its earlier incarnation (Ganglord) was superior in every way. Sorry, Alain.

Curious. I love Alain and wish him success but it's hard to see what the aim is with this, when its earlier incarnation (Ganglord) was superior in every way. Sorry, Alain.

Tonight, Matthew, I will be ... a budget Bono!
Doesn't fill one with optimism.
Still, would go to see him live as presumably he'd play a fair amount of the Morrissey songs he wrote...

Amazing what you can do with a drone

I ye reckon is it possible that Alain Whyte loves Moz Angeles more than Uncle Steve? I reckon I find it a poppy cock tosser that Uncle Steve and Alain live within 30 minutes of each other in LA (with no traffic) and have no contact at all, just like John Lydon and Jonesy.

Oh dear. I suppose it just emphasises the great talent Morrissey has for creating a vocal melody.
And lyrics. And singing. And on screen/stage presence. Alain is a great talent in his own right, but it just goes to show how what Morrissey does (when he does it well) is not as easy as it looks.

Will aim to be constructive here as Alain is a nice chap.
The music's OK. No better/worse than Johnny Marr's lead single (Tracer) off his last album, although that's damning with faint praise a little.
Also, like Johnny Marr, he's trying to say important stuff but not doing it very eloquently.
He seems to be straining for the high notes. Odd as he always had a nice falsetto when he sang backing vocals with Steve.
He does look pretty awkward in the video, doing some kind of half-dancing, half-gesticulating thing. Odd. He'd be better off shooting one in a band set-up.
Hopefully, there'll be better music to come in the album, and he's maibly chosen this song more for its message. Good luck to the old chap.

I would imagine Alain is a bit more content with this new incarnation of Ganglord since he actually played on it. Remember he wasn't allowed to play guitar on Morrissey's studio recording of Ganglord in 2006.

Um... Nobody see the YouTube blurb?
It's a bit more interesting than whether the song featured is any good or not:
"Alain Whyte.
The Experiment EP (4 tracks) on 12" black vinyl, limited 12" white vinyl, cd and digital download to be offered directly from www.alainwhytemusic.com late December 2018.
Also appearing on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, etc. the beginning of January 2019.
***Pre-orders will tentatively be accepted between Dec. 10 through Dec. 21, 2018 For those that pre-order, included with purchase will be a one time digital download code providing access to 4 BONUS* acoustic tracks:
1. The Experiment (acoustic)
2. The Death of Rock-N-Roll (acoustic)
3. First Of The Gang To Die (acoustic)
4. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful (acoustic)

*bonus tracks only available via pre-order of the EP (details will be posted shortly on alainwhytemusic.com). There is no intention of offering them separately. PLEASE feel free to share the link to this video. Also, social media sites will go live very soon and if you'd like to stay in touch and get additional updates and be the first to know about special offers, please follow:
Twitter: @alainwhytemusic
Instagram: alainwhytemusic
Facebook: Alain Whyte Music
**Thank you to ALL friends and family for your continued support.
The Experiment written & performed by Alain Whyte Video directed and filmed by Darrin Neuer Drums on The Experiment played by Dean Butterworth."

Something I will be purchasing.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Welp, I made it to a minute twenty at least...

Why do so many great guitarists feel this 'need' to have a go at being mediocre frontmen - knowing they can't really sing, etc? Alain looks ridiculous here. And yes, he's borrowed from the Johnny Marr school of nonsense lyrics trying to be "deep." I just don't understand why, it's like playing guitar is never enough.

Why do so many great guitarists feel this 'need' to have a go at being mediocre frontmen - knowing they can't really sing, etc? Alain looks ridiculous here. And yes, he's borrowed from the Johnny Marr school of nonsense lyrics trying to be "deep." I just don't understand why, it's like playing guitar is never enough.

Let’s not even consider the notion they enjoy it...

What is the meaning of life?

I have a theory that “The Experiment” is really just Alain experimenting with peyote and living out his fantasy of being Morrissey...

Ganglord audio with November Spawned A Monster visuals!

Let’s not even consider the notion they enjoy it...

Well sure, but enjoying it doesn't make them any good at it. Even Ringo Starr had a go at singing...

Last edited:
Well sure, but enjoying it doesn't make them any good at it. Even Ringo Starr had a go at singing...
Still does

When will Spencer pop up

Alain is a decent bloke, and much-missed in the Morrissey camp (personally I felt he added more musically than both Boz and Jesse combined), but this video is slightly embarrassing. 'Ganglord' is a long way from being one of Morrissey's better songs either lyrically or vocally - and yet it's still light-years ahead of what Alain is doing here - which, for all the soaring notes, comes across as a bit obvious and pedestrian.

I wish the fella well, but I think he's onto a hiding for nothing by redoing old Morrissey songs with different vocals (even if, possibly, his vocals came first - might this song have existed first as an unreleased solo track during the Wilderness Years, like 'Irish Blood' etc?), as he's always going to be compared unfavourably. It would be the same if Johnny Marr's solo stuff was old Smiths music with new lyrics/vocal arrangements. You're never going to win that comparison, so hopefully the rest of the album is Alain singing over NEW stuff, which I would be interested in hearing.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom