Alain Whyte: Southpaw Grammar listening party via Twitter - 8pm UK time May 10, 2020

Recently definitely. He loves the use of repetition to pad out a verse and his lalalalalas when he can't be bothered writing at all, doesn't he?

He always did express himself in yelps & sounds. So I'm going to disagree again. ?

Nerak conveniently dodging the post where I illustrate that she doesn't know what allusion means.

It's a good song! Also it gave us the greatest moment in CBB history - Tony The Pony.

Morrissey begs to differ, and I would have to agree with him. It's so lightweight it's barely there. Unlike the tiresome Essex woman.

Morrissey begs to differ, and I would have to agree with him. It's so lightweight it's barely there. Unlike the tiresome Essex woman.

How can you not love a tiny pony? Or wonder what became of Tony?

Hmmm. Okay, thanks dneuer. Perhaps he doesn't like Vauxhall and I all that much...

No, no... he loves Vauxhall. They seem to be doing them chronologically and Julie and the gang had some other wonderful people involved on the Vauxhall listening party for that one.

"Tony the Pony" was only tagged on to the 1991 US/Canada editions.
But “There is a Place in Hell...” reserved for the one who substituted the KROQ racket for the exquisite original.
I know it was only put on the North American edition of the original, apparently over Morrissey’s objections. I just don’t understand why he also left it off the expanded remaster edition when he has included lesser songs on other remastered and expanded album editions over the past 10 years or so. Maybe just out of spite at this point. I always loved it and thought it one of the best songs on the album when it came out (it was only many years later in the interwebs that I discovered it was only on NA editions and Moz didn’t want it there).

If he dislikes the song...well, sometimes artists are their own worst critics (apparently Morrissey had also originally wanted to leave “There is a Light That Never Goes Out” off of The Queen is Dead. Go figure that one!).

I know it was only put on the North American edition of the original, apparently over Morrissey’s objections. I just don’t understand why he also left it off the expanded remaster edition when he has included lesser songs on other remastered and expanded album editions over the past 10 years or so. Maybe just out of spite at this point. I always loved it and thought it one of the best songs on the album when it came out (it was only many years later in the interwebs that I discovered it was only on NA editions and Moz didn’t want it there).

Hardly that.

Morrissey always has his own ideas about what fits on an album and what doesn't (not that I am saying he is always correct). Tony the Pony didn't fit at the time and doesn't fit now.

It's a shame that they didn't include more songs on the reissue though as the likes of I've Changed My Plea to Guilty and My Love Life are better than pretty much anything on Kill Uncle.

How can you not love a tiny pony? Or wonder what became of Tony?
The pony is cute but looks sad and displaced, tethered to an enormous, gobby ignoramus for entertainment. Whatever happened to him, I hope his lot improved after that.

The pony is cute but looks sad and displaced, tethered to an enormous, gobby ignoramus for entertainment. Whatever happened to him, I hope his lot improved after that.

He's still in showbiz.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom