Alain Whyte: The Lazy Sunbathers - Safe At Home Sessions (June 1, 2020)

2020-06-01 05.17.42.png

Regards,
FWD.

Well done. Alain is the one from "Camp Morrissey" who really gives positive vibes in these dark times and revisits tunes, that are a joy to hear for every fan. I wish Morrissey himself would say more than giving his nephew the key to "his" homepage. Sunbathers carries all the magic of Vauxhall. A beautiful melody and wonderful lyrics, that stood the test of time.

Last edited:
That voice is getting better and better every time he does one of these.

I don't understand why he feels he needs to preface it with a defensive introduction, as if he should feel bad about doing it... If someone doesn't like it, f*** 'em..

yip,best one yet.voice is great on this.keep em coming alain,always a pleasure never a chore.

Keep em coming Alain :clap:
Just what we all need unlike the family Dorrissey who have chosen to take the shit stirring route making bullets for bellends.

??:knife:

Probably because of Morrissey trolls attacking it,can you imagine?

Very nice one. A lot of the nuance of Alain's songwriting reveals itself in these acoustic renditions. This is practically up there with "Back To The Old House" in the simplistic beauty of those melancholy augmented folk chords.

Maybe because he is nice.
No that’s not it. Sounded as if he’d been getting push-back from some quarters (apparently for not being sufficiently politically engaged or “woke” if you read between the lines) and he felt the need to issue a kind-of apology for doing these acoustic renditions while other things are going on in the world (as if that’s never not the case at any time - so there‘d never be a proper time for art if one takes that reductionist view).

He and Moz should do an all acoustic release - mix some oldies with a few new tracks. It’d be sweet, but will never happen.

No that’s not it. Sounded as if he’d been getting push-back from some quarters (apparently for not being sufficiently politically engaged or “woke” if you read between the lines) and he felt the need to issue a kind-of apology for doing these acoustic renditions while other things are going on in the world (as if that’s never not the case at any time - so there‘d never be a proper time for art if one takes that reductionist view).

He and Moz should do an all acoustic release - mix some oldies with a few new tracks. It’d be sweet, but will never happen.

I make it a practice to try not to get too involved in some things on here, but just wanted to clarify this one as it seems like an honest discussion. There's not been even a hint from anyone that he may have been being insensitive in any way or that he was oblivious to things taking place.

As countthree suggested and as anyone that knows Alain, he is quite conscientious and has a genuine concern for others. It was only brought up out of respect. Really. As a matter of coincidence, it seems the overwhelming majority of those involved in the music industry will now be taking place in the #TheShowMustBePaused event for the day of Tuesday the 2nd of June. Alain will be observing this as well.

As for the suggestion of an all acoustic offering by he and Mozzer, I've been saying this for a couple of years now. Others have been low-key clamoring for it of late, as well. It would make too much sense, though and because of this (like you noted), I'd be surprised to see it happen. In my most humble opinion, it would be a perfect bridge between older fans and new whilst still respecting the current Moz lineup and allow for Al to continue on with his solo work, too (which is really going to appeal to those old-school fans once the upcoming news breaks).

Anyway, apologies for the long-windedness. Just wanted to help clarify. Cheers

I make it a practice to try not to get too involved in some things on here, but just wanted to clarify this one as it seems like an honest discussion. There's not been even a hint from anyone that he may have been being insensitive in any way or that he was oblivious to things taking place.

As countthree suggested and as anyone that knows Alain, he is quite conscientious and has a genuine concern for others. It was only brought up out of respect. Really. As a matter of coincidence, it seems the overwhelming majority of those involved in the music industry will now be taking place in the #TheShowMustBePaused event for the day of Tuesday the 2nd of June. Alain will be observing this as well.

As for the suggestion of an all acoustic offering by he and Mozzer, I've been saying this for a couple of years now. Others have been low-key clamoring for it of late, as well. It would make too much sense, though and because of this (like you noted), I'd be surprised to see it happen. In my most humble opinion, it would be a perfect bridge between older fans and new whilst still respecting the current Moz lineup and allow for Al to continue on with his solo work, too (which is really going to appeal to those old-school fans once the upcoming news breaks).

Anyway, apologies for the long-windedness. Just wanted to help clarify. Cheers
I think people forget/underestimate the insecurities and self-doubt artists can have gnawing at them when sharing their work (hence why some stick at being songwriters).
He's always been in a difficult situation as people want to hear Morrissey tracks even when trying to create his own original music.
He comes across as quite vulnerable at times and it would certainly explain the long period of radio silence. I think him taking time out of his day to play something that can expose him to potentially bilious armchair critics and the troll-minded should be applauded.
I have enjoyed the snippets of new information via Twitter/interviews and the acoustic performances.
He has my gratitude and respect for his efforts.
I know you can pass that on for what it's worth.
Kind regards,
FWD.

I think people forget/underestimate the insecurities and self-doubt artists can have gnawing at them when sharing their work (hence why some stick at being songwriters).
He's always been in a difficult situation as people want to hear Morrissey tracks even when trying to create his own original music.
He comes across as quite vulnerable at times and it would certainly explain the long period of radio silence. I think him taking time out of his day to play something that can expose him to potentially bilious armchair critics and the troll-minded should be applauded.
I have enjoyed the snippets of new information via Twitter/interviews and the acoustic performances.
He has my gratitude and respect for his efforts.
I know you can pass that on for what it's worth.
Kind regards,
FWD.

Yeah, you summed it up pretty well. It took some slight convincing... (actually, maybe "encouragement" is a better word for it. And maybe some direction, too) to get the ball rolling a couple of years back so that we could get to where things are currently and I think we're all the better for it :)

He gets that not everyone will dig his stuff (at least not right away) or will only want to hear the stuff he wrote with Moz. He's been referred to as Morrissey's solo Johnny Marr several times and we all know how Johnny took some stick early on and has since won over many of the fans with his solo stuff. Unfairly, there will also be Moz loyalists that will not allow themselves to praise or at least acknowledge any of the alumni currently not in the band. They're really only cheating themselves, tbh. However, things have been overly positive recently and it's pretty cool to see the transformation.

Alain knows he doesn't have to put out all these songs and it won't last perpetually, but he does genuinely enjoy it. As I've previously noted, it's a mutually beneficial thing. He likes doing it and the outpouring of kindness and gratitude from the fans (like yourself) across all the social media platforms has left its mark on him. He's quick to point out, if there were no fans he'd be "nothing". I think he's doing things the "right" way and for the right reasons and I think that comes through and is appreciated. And yeah, he's made aware. Either directly or indirectly. I could go on... but will spare you lol. Thanks, as always. :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom