Alain Whyte - 'There is a Light That Never Goes Out' cover

This was just posted on Alain Whyte's facebook page: "We did a one off performance of this Smiths classic. I only do my songs normally or the ones I wrote with Morrissey but in tribute to Johnny Marr and Morrissey here is a version recorded live from the Altadena Country Club a few months back as they are not that familiar with Morrissey or Smiths songs and I knew they would know this one. I played on all the backing tracks. Enjoy!
will probably never do this song again as it was a one off. Please feel free to comment or share."

Cantar no puede cualquiera, para mi pararse en un escenario no es solo vocalizar,tiene que hacerlo con sentimiento para poder transmitir lo que dice y llegar a la gente ,conmover ..,Cantar en mi opinion incluye todo eso,y tambien la personalidad del cantante influye y mucho,existen cantantes no tan buenos tecnicamente pero que lo hacen con mucha pasion y con eso es suficiente. En el caso de Moz confluyen todos los aspectos por eso es uno de los mejores, Moz es mi preferido lejos Viva Moz!!!!

Time to wrap up the show boys. The kids gymnastics club is coming in next and we have to start laying the tumbling mats down.

Alain sings it like Alain. I like it, he has a soothing voice. I loved all of his backing vocal on the Moz records and am a huge fan of his writing. After his last involvement with Morrissey on Years of Refusal....for me an awesome record, the songwriting has gone down drastically. Love Ya Alain.

This is enjoyable because it's Alain singing it and the playing is not bad. If you want to get critical I would say this is very good karaoke vocals. But why get critical? Alain gave us so many great Morrissey songs over the years, and as others have mentioned, backing vocals (Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself is his finest moment, imo).

It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I prefer Alain's voice to Marr's, although obviously neither have a patch on Morrissey.

This is enjoyable because it's Alain singing it and the playing is not bad. If you want to get critical I would say this is very good karaoke vocals. But why get critical? Alain gave us so many great Morrissey songs over the years, and as others have mentioned, backing vocals (Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself is his finest moment, imo).

King Leer ----- you're great! :) Love reading your posts.

Just want to throw in Sunny, and Have-A-Go Merchant, and Boxers among some of his best backing vocals as well.

I first got into Morrissey in '94, w/Vauxhall and I - which was dripping with haunting backing vocals from Alain. For me, that really defined the 'Morrissey-Sound'. That era of Morrissey music - very unique and so far unmatched in his career. What a great sounding 2-3 years for him and his group. From Vauxhall to Boxers single to Southpaw - such a carefully crafted 'tone', like something special you shared with only a few people.

The comments here, on the talents of various artists, are hilarious!

If your bar for vocal ability is set at the reaching warble of a half-baked, washed-up crooner like latter-day Melvis, please don’t expect anyone to take your musical “taste” seriously.
Nobody takes you seriously Smellvis. Your opinion stinks!

Thank you, Anonymous. I post far less than I used to (been leerin' here since '97) but still a big fan of our kid.

And I agree 1000% with your assessment of that era in Morrissey's music. Particularly Vauxhall –– it will never date. I always remember Radiohead saying that they played Vauxhall over and over in the studio while writing The Bends. Sunny, yes indeed. Still fondly recall the video. Another track from that era I really love is A Swallow On My Neck. Always felt like it had an extra direct line to the feel of The Smiths.

It's not great, I would rather he was on guitar, but I can forgive him. It wings up absolute f***ing nutcases like vegan cro into spewing nonsense on here so it's be ALL bad.

It's not great, I would rather he was on guitar, but I can forgive him. It wings up absolute f***ing nutcases like vegan cro into spewing nonsense on here so it's be ALL bad.

your literacy matches AlainT and DramaJ Le Pews guitar playing abilities FFS.:mad:
what in F does 'spewing nonsense on here so its be all bad' even mean? :lbf:
are you using froggie:frogface: language?:censored:

there are about 5 cucks attending that AlainT 'gig' shown in the video.:flamethrow:

The definitive version of that classic song. Absolutely beautiful...I never thought the original could be topped but I was wrong. Thank you Alain.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom