Alain Whyte: You Are The Quarry listening party via Twitter - 8pm UK time (May 24, 2020)

* almost chronological :)
Some need reading 'upwards'.
Cheers,
FWD.

@Famous when dead - I swear I wasn't dreaming or drunk: wasn't there a question asked regarding "My Dearest Love?" Alain replied to the effect that there were no guitars on the demo so he wasn't entirely satisfied with the final recording/guitars at the end. I scoured the Mozarmy Twitter and nothing there either.

Alain's response RE: "Slum Mums" would seem to bear out that his guitars were replaced by Jesse's for the released version, as credited on the "I Have Forgiven Jesus" single sleeve. The title was included in the pre-release listing of tracks from the album sessions so, in all likelihood, he originally played on it.

@Famous when dead - I swear I wasn't dreaming or drunk: wasn't there a question asked regarding "My Dearest Love?" Alain replied to the effect that there were no guitars on the demo so he wasn't entirely satisfied with the final recording/guitars at the end. I scoured the Mozarmy Twitter and nothing there either.

Alain's response RE: "Slum Mums" would seem to bear out that his guitars were replaced by Jesse's for the released version, as credited on the "I Have Forgiven Jesus" single sleeve. The title was included in the pre-release listing of tracks from the album sessions so, in all likelihood, he originally played on it.
I followed it as it happened and didn't see that at all. Odd. I will have a look over the replies again. I like the song, so it probably would have stood out to me. Twitter posts can be a pain to navigate - especially as people were posting questions all over the place.
Regards,
FWD.

Of course that's all valid but time passes and it heals grudges. We now know Morrissey and Alain are on good terms lately so you never know. Alain has nothing to prove but all of this recent listening party stuff and safe sessions reeks, fondly I might add of a man with something left to give to an old mate. There's my wishful thinking for the day.

Well I certainly agree that a Morrissey / Whyte reunion would be something to look forward to, in whatever form (live shows or new songs).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom