Alain Whyte YT: "Mute Witness" acoustic (May 15, 2020)

20200515_075301.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

But why was the frisbee there? Was it the murder weapon? Which might indicate that the 'murderer' was a child...As Toyah Wilcox would say: It's a mysthery.

Edit: However the mysthery seems to have maybe been solved back in 2011...on here: a UFO no less!!

Mute Witness 2011

More UFO theories 2003

Apparently, and mentioned in Autobiography, there are references to Moz's fixation with UFOs.

Edit it was in Mozipedia: Maker’s message on the record sleeve provided further evidence of his and Morrissey’s earlier UFO fixation. ‘I believe in Rock, in Excitement, in Sex, I also believe in Speed, Madness and Flying Saucers.

Found an archive post from Skinny, back in the day when he made more sense:
Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic Bird is also, apparently, considered to be related to UFO/outer space kinda stuff. I'd never considered the link but as we were discussing things as such, I can sorta see it.

Foot down in a fantastic bird, fantastic bird
Space is gonna thrill you
Space could even kill you
But space will never love you like I do

Top tip: unless very open minded, walking by Clapham Common at 4am isn't advised :)
Certainly no place for a child.
Interestingly, a place that Victorian folklore's 'Spring-heeled Jack' had been sighted (1837).
Sounds like the usual cocktail of mixed inspirations and ideas cooked up in to a song that 19 years later hasn't been fully decrypted.
Regards,
FWD.

They're still making it. Unless they stopped and then brought it back. My great-grandma used to call it 'Trimer', which is still chortled about in the family.
Yes, today it seems the entire world has been busily drinking Tizer behind my back. I’ve honestly not laid eyes on it for about a decade. Is everyone, except me, still drinking Quatro too?

Top tip: unless very open minded, walking by Clapham Common at 4am isn't advised :)
Certainly no place for a child.
Interestingly, a place that Victorian folklore's 'Spring-heeled Jack' had been sighted (1837).
Sounds like the usual cocktail of mixed inspirations and ideas cooked up in to a song that 19 years later hasn't been fully decrypted.
Regards,
FWD.
I thought Clapham Common was famous for its badgers? And students of badger behaviour?

The vocal melody really makes this one. Love the ‘oh well she’s only trying to tell you...’ lines. Though it’s nice to hear this acoustic version.

Yes, today it seems the entire world has been busily drinking Tizer behind my back. I’ve honestly not laid eyes on it for about a decade. Is everyone, except me, still drinking Quatro too?
Apparently not. Think it's gone the same way as Cresta ('It's Frothy, Man'). But curiously not Um Bongo ('They Drink it in the Congo').

Apparently not. Think it's gone the same way as Cresta ('It's Frothy, Man'). But curiously not Um Bongo ('They Drink it in the Congo').
Um Bongo is no longer the chosen thirst quencher in the Congo. It merely says ‘Hello’.

It could be that the defendent was having some kind of sexual encounter, but their alibi for being on Clapham Common at 4am, is that they were UFO spotting. It's a conundrum. :unsure:
We must get to the bottom of this.

The vocal melody really makes this one. Love the ‘oh well she’s only trying to tell you...’ lines. Though it’s nice to hear this acoustic version.

Those live Kill Uncle treatments were astonishing. I wish they’d shelled out a few more quid, on making the Live in Dallas video.

Well it wiles away a Sunday, doesn't it. :) Perhaps Morrissey will have the decency to let us know the real meaning on Morrissey Central if we ask nicely.

Valerie Pearson should photograph Moz's notebooks & smuggle them to Sam who will post them on central if he can't find a tattoo or a t-shirt.

Ah! Bingo! You’re promoted to Chief Inspector.

You’ve just scratched a 28 year old itch.

Final bit of reference to UFO fascination that I can find, again mentions Maker, but this from A Light That Never Goes Out:

"On trips to London, Morrissey would visit Maker; on one occasion the pair were insistent that they saw flying saucers “hover low and slow over Bermondsey,” only about three hundred feet in front of them, and they reported the sighting to the UFO Society. (“At one point I stood on the balcony and stared directly into one hovering ship, and it STOPPED in mid-air above me,” Morrissey wrote to his friend Lindsay Hutton. “Without a doubt, it was watching me!”)"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom