Alain Whyte YT: "Sunny" - Safe At Home Sessions (May 18, 2020)

Yes, closed getting on for 10 years ago - now that Whitechapel has become a suburb of Bangladesh. Nice people - you can get a good curry in Brick Lane. But sad that an entire culture has just been wiped off the map. Ethnic cleansing.
hahahahahahaha

Yes, closed getting on for 10 years ago - now that Whitechapel has become a suburb of Bangladesh. Nice people - you can get a good curry in Brick Lane. But sad that an entire culture has just been wiped off the map. Ethnic cleansing.
The Blind Beggar is still open, isn’t it? That place must be an oasis of sanity and virtue round there, now.

That really is quite magnificent - "Yeah, can't stand these darkies, but I still like a curry"
You are choosing to ignore the "nice people" part of the post as it does not fit your agenda. You are the only one using the racist term "darkies".

Excellent acoustic version there by AW. Just needs someone else on vocals, for perfection.
I know just the chap!

Back to 'Sunny' by AW, does anyone know off the top of their 'kopf', has Moz ever done an acoustic set?

Apart from the barmaid's lack of knowledge, was it a decent boozer?
It was startling that it didn’t look anything like you’d expect: it was was done out in a 70s light teak style as I recall. And the beer was disappointing. It was a lager drinkers’ pub. The nearby Blind Beggar is (was?) beautiful though.

It was startling that it didn’t look anything like you’d expect: it was was done out in a 70s light teak style as I recall. And the beer was disappointing. It was a lager drinkers’ pub. The nearby Blind Beggar is (was?) beautiful though.
Interesting...the Sunny cover had me wanting to have a few beers in it if I was ever visiting that area of London but a pity it's no longer open. Blind Beggar with all it's history sounds worth a visit after lockdown.

Interesting...the Sunny cover had me wanting to have a few beers in it if I was ever visiting that area of London but a pity it's no longer open. Blind Beggar with all it's history sounds worth a visit after lockdown.
Yep, genuinely nice pub. Great dark wood decor as I remember.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom