Albumism review by Libby Cudmore: IANADOAC 0/5

Last edited by a moderator:
“Listening to Waits and Morrissey was always about setting myself apart, showing how cool and unique and deep I was, but finding other people on Twitter and in real life who lose their damn minds when “Sweet Freedom” comes on the radio has been a deeply rewarding experience.”

Ugh.

It's the people who used him for status that are turning on him the hardest.

All I ever wanted was to listen to him & ask him about his writing process.

I would suggest that you know nothing about Morrissey whatsoever and your endless conjecture is absolutely cringe inducing.

It's based on his songs & things he's said. If you have other sources, spill.

She is not a dog on a chain. Bravo, Libby!

Also, did anyone notice that Paul Heaton was #1 this week? Bravo Paul!

She is a dog on a chain. The chain of identity politics that means you can only judge people & art by the position they're given on a hierarchy of oppression, that's controlled by middle-class liberal clout-chasers.

And we've just established that Paul is a slut shamer so sexist that a woman left his band. If I sent Libby that information**, Paul would be #metooed within minutes.

**I would never clype.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is a dog on a chain. The chain of identity politics that means you can only judge people & art by the position they're given on a hierarchy of oppression, that's controlled by middle-class liberal clout-chasers.

And we've just established that Paul is a slut shamer so sexist that a woman left his band. If I sent Libby that information, Paul would be #metooed within minutes.

Nah, you wouldn't dare do something like that...

Nah, you wouldn't dare do something like that...

I would dare! But it was hypothetical because I don't like to encourage these people.

If they cared & they weren't just babbling in their silos, they'd know all these things anyway.

Judging by the position I saw Morrissey take on Saturday, Morrissey will be loving reviews like that. He is cleverly recovering the critical narrative and this review drops like a ripe fruit into his hands. He’s ahead of the game, again. Even the Coronavirus has been conscripted for Morrissey’s campaign.

Judging by the position I saw Morrissey take on Saturday, Morrissey will be loving reviews like that. He is cleverly recovering the critical narrative and this review drops like a ripe fruit into his hands. He’s ahead of the game, again. Even the Coronavirus has been conscripted for Morrissey’s campaign.

I wish he'd do a Morrissey Guide To Coping With The Worst Press In Showbiz History. He started with sinister paedophile & he's reached sinister Nazi. And he's still blithely going about his business.

I wish he'd do a Morrissey Guide To Coping With The Worst Press In Showbiz History. He started with sinister paedophile & he's reached sinister Nazi. And he's still blithely going about his business.
The more you ignite him, the closer he gets.

Morrissey-solo be like...

"Oooh we love Morrissey because he doesn't care and just says whatever he likes. He's such a hero, because he offends people and doesn't give a toss and we love that!"

Then...

...reviewer writes bad review of Morrissey album...

"HOW DARE SHE, THE DEAF, STUPID, MISERABLE, LONELY, SAD BITCH? HOW DARE SHE OFFEND US BY WRITING SOMETHING WE DON'T LIKE?!"
Funny... when I first read your post, I read it too quickly and thought you were writing what Ms. Cudmore was like in the past ("Oooh we love Morrissey because...") and that you were going to make the point that Cudmore used to feel that way back in the 80s/90s but now she hates that about Moz... she uses that trait of his to run him down. Don't get me wrong, I think your actual point is very valid (pro-Moz irrationality), but I also think Nerak makes a good point that Moz may not have changed as much as his fans have. (FWIW I fall somewhere in the middle... I am disappointed by some of what he has said and much of the recent musical output, but I am still hopeful and I still follow his career.)

And we've just established that Paul is a slut shamer so sexist that a woman left his band. If I sent Libby that information, Paul would be #metooed within minutes.

So Libby has to give the album 5 stars then? Or are you not letting her have an opinion?

I’m not defending Paul’s past writing although it seems at least he’s confronted his past writing and moved on. Just thought it funny that he took a few punches on this board a couple of weeks ago and I’m pleased that he’s #1 for no other reason than it will upset a few of the folks here who consistently try to defend M and get offended at any criticism directed at him.

So Libby has to give the album 5 stars then? Or are you not letting her have an opinion?

I’m not defending Paul’s past writing although it seems at least he’s confronted his past writing and moved on. Just thought it funny that he took a few punches on this board a couple of weeks ago and I’m pleased that he’s #1 for no other reason than it will upset a few of the folks here who consistently try to defend M and get offended at any criticism directed at him.

She's hasn't expressed an opinion on the album - she's condemned the album because she's condemning the man. Pretty much because he's a man.

& none of us care where Paul Heaton is on the charts. We're looking for signs of Moz not having to retire. If we needed our singers to flog millions of units we'd be on Paul McCartney Solo.

He’s created quite an extreme polemic now where any supposition of critical insight would appear to represent something of a delusion, on the side of the reviewer.

Cudmore has clearly recognised this and taken her side: giving marks out of five, or ten, is now pointless—as she has proven. A simple yes or no is all that’s possible. That’s why I’m suggesting he’s starting to control the narrative: he’s making nuance redundant. And that’s exactly what he wants. Cudmore has become a pawn in his game. Morrissey now seems to be the person writing the script.

Hahaa!
They say the greatest art provokes a strong feelin' one way or the other.
Libby didn't like how she felt but she sure enough did catch a strong feelin'.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom