Morrissey Central "Alert!" (October 26, 2020)

unnamed.png

I saw it on Channel 4 late one night when I was a teenager and was fascinated by this movie. It is so ambiguous and cryptic. And really captures the dark side of adolescence.

I'll have to try & find the whole film. I love David Hemmings.

No one is saying every death isn't sad and tragic. Every day people die on the roads. We don't ban cars or ban leaving the house. We take rational safety measures - speed limits, seat belts, traffic lights etc. Every winter thousands die from seasonal flu. Are we all murderers for not having a lockdown every winter? How many deaths each winter should we tolerate before we decide it's time for a lockdown? Is 10,000 ok? 20,000? 40,000? It is estimated that an ineffective flu vaccine contributed to about 50,000 excess deaths in England and Wales in the winter of 2017-2018:

Life is all about balancing risks. For every death you save with a lockdown, you take another life (maybe more) through a missed diagnosis of cancer, or unemployment and suicide, or poverty. You seem to see the pandemic as black and white. Lockdown = save lives. It's just not that easy I'm afraid.

Lost in translation, Gash.

By reading you reply, I started thinking that I need to perfect my written English as soon as possible. Yes, because you say that I seem to see the pandemic as black and white. Lockdown = save lives. And I never meant to say such a thing.

Never even used the word Lockdown in here.

It would be crazy to believe that a permanent Lockdown would be the only solution do deal with the threat of catching the Coronavirus. Although, it’s been correctly applied for short periods of time during critical moments of its spread.

What I actually said was that we should do all we can to prevent it. And, that means many things: wearing a mask when and where it’s necessary (even though it can be quite unconfortable), reasonable social distancing, taking simple hygiene measures to protect oneself, family, community...

What I meant to express, and thought I did, was that the lives of those thousands of people who died of Covid-19 (not only the 150k in my country, but worlwide) were important to their loved ones, therefore they are important to me as a Humanist.

Being a citizen in a country run by a far-right government, I am fed up of the economy talk being centerstaged, and the loss human lives minimized, and even ignored. Of course I know the economy is important, but it cannot be more important than those who actually made it exist in the first place.

We think differently, but I like you.

You see? Not so black and white.

The butcher is superior to you in every way. Fate has something worse than COVID in store for you and your support of racist Morrissey.
No one will mourn you. No one will miss you.

🤒
the new information is that the stupid 'butcher' didnt make it thru from being bitten by the kung flu. he was too fat to survive.:blushing:

images

dead as a doornail is the word. Services at the Mosque, Skinny
and "Angelito" will be speaking.:blushing:

🤒
the new information is that the stupid 'butcher' didnt make it thru from being bitten by the kung flu. he was too fat to survive.:blushing:

images

dead as a doornail is the word. Services at the Mosque, Skinny
and "Angelito" will be speaking.:blushing:
Who is this morrissey is always wrong chap ??? why hasn’t he set up a poll for the smash up on solo ???
Two heavyweight solo suckers going head to head......
Geoff sterling has been in touch as sky sports want to cover the poll of the week on super Sunday...
My prediction would be 70-30 in favour of the Cumbrian clown .....
but with the butcher being at deaths door, he might just get the sympathy vote that he’s been begging for of late....

Lost in translation, Gash.

By reading you reply, I started thinking that I need to perfect my written English as soon as possible. Yes, because you say that I seem to see the pandemic as black and white. Lockdown = save lives. And I never meant to say such a thing.

Never even used the word Lockdown in here.

It would be crazy to believe that a permanent Lockdown would be the only solution do deal with the threat of catching the Coronavirus. Although, it’s been correctly applied for short periods of time during critical moments of its spread.

What I actually said was that we should do all we can to prevent it. And, that means many things: wearing a mask when and where it’s necessary (even though it can be quite unconfortable), reasonable social distancing, taking simple hygiene measures to protect oneself, family, community...

What I meant to express, and thought I did, was that the lives of those thousands of people who died of Covid-19 (not only the 150k in my country, but worlwide) were important to their loved ones, therefore they are important to me as a Humanist.

Being a citizen in a country run by a far-right government, I am fed up of the economy talk being centerstaged, and the loss human lives minimized, and even ignored. Of course I know the economy is important, but it cannot be more important than those who actually made it exist in the first place.

We think differently, but I like you.

You see? Not so black and white.

I thought you might be referring to Brazil and it is clear that you are. Your English is very good. Melhor do que meu português!
Thank you for a reasoned response. Always novel on this website.

I thought you might be referring to Brazil and it is clear that you are. Your English is very good. Melhor do que meu português!
Thank you for a reasoned response. Always novel on this website.
Come on guys get a room 😜😜😜

You're here...........and you don't even like him. What is it? Stockhausen Syndrome?
No, it's like when you have a toxic ex that continues to be a trainwreck so you pop onto their social media every now and again for the schadenfreude kick, knowing you're better off for dumping them.

Living well is the best revenge. How's Morrissey living? He looks so... Happy.

there are people on here lurking around M central non stop so you dont have to,the ones who are hoping theres a big slice of so called racism just waiting to be read.
the most damning thing about this interview will be about the nhs and how it failed his mam,nobody knows the exact details so it will be interesting,the nhs is given this saintly status by the media but boy does it have failings, like sending o a ps to their death in nursing homes.
Who knows. If that is the case, and if Morrissey still has doubts, talking about it would benefit him and others. No system is perfect, but all systems are perfectible. I lost important people in my life so I learnt that most of us will die having suffered several medical malpractices during our lives, probably one of them will kill us sooner or later. Even doctors are victims of those malpractices. It's more related to the system than with the people themselves, but sometimes it's just about humans failing for a number of reasons.

Sad to say that my friends wife who was at the same source of the outbreak of “light cold/man flu“ aka Covid19 tragically passed away this afternoon.

R I P ********** 😢💐

Benny 💔

Sad to say that my friends wife who was at the same source of the outbreak of “light cold/man flu“ aka Covid19 tragically passed away this afternoon.

R I P ********** 😢💐

Benny 💔
Sorry to hear that Benny. My condolences to you and your friend’s family.

R I P ********** 😢💐

Benny 💔
Look on the bright side benny, at least you can make a few more quid from the t shirt sales of more dead people..... what goes around, comes around......
Best wishes, from Elizabeth and family.....

Sorry to hear that Benny. My condolences to you and your friend’s family.
It’s looking like we’ve had a really bad local outbreak. My friend is totally lost now.
I‘m not looking for any special treatment or sympathy here. All I ask is that everyone takes a bit more care in how they go about their daily routine. I never for one minute thought i would get it.
Friend or foe it doesn’t matter, just be very vigilant in the days and months ahead.

PS no worries if you prefer to have a dig and get personal. I can take that. Not a problem 👍🏻

Benny :greatbritain::knife:

It’s looking like we’ve had a really bad local outbreak. My friend is totally lost now.
I‘m not looking for any special treatment or sympathy here. All I ask is that everyone takes a bit more care in how they go about their daily routine. I never for one minute thought i would get it.
Friend or foe it doesn’t matter, just be very vigilant in the days and months ahead.

PS no worries if you prefer to have a dig and get personal. I can take that. Not a problem 👍🏻

Benny :greatbritain::knife:
One thing about you lad is that you can give it out..... you can also take it as well ..... fair doos
PS... keep your chin up

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom