All New Misheard Lyrics

'Convinced that your town is a joke now' instead of 'Provincial towns you jog round'...
'Saw you by the pool' instead of 'Punctured bicycle'...
And plenty more I'm sure!

Certain People I Know:

"they break their necks and count to four to get them fixed"

i'm assuming it's actually can't afford but since there's no lyric sheet, who knows?

i read somewhere that somebody was convinced that "and in the darkened underpass i thought oh god my chance has come at last" was actually "and in my darkened underpants..." :D
I dont think 'There is a light...' would be considered such a lyrical masterpiece if the protagonist had shat himself.

:D:p:D

I've already posted in a thread in off topic.
"what do we get for our trouble and pain? Morning rain", and I really like it.

When I recall the others I will post them.

At the end of Rubber Ring:

'You are three things' instead of 'you are sleeping'.

In I Don't Owe You Anything:

'You should not go to bed, let bed come to you' instead of 'You should not go to them, let them come to you'.

:p

Certain People I Know:

"they break their necks and count to four to get them fixed"

i'm assuming it's actually can't afford but since there's no lyric sheet, who knows?

Oh wow, i'd always thought it was ''count to four'' too, but ''can't afford'' DOES make more sense. I'd never thought of that before. :o

"Behind the hedge at day light"

"It took a tattooed from Birmingham"

"Punch a bicycle on a hillside, yes, ole"

"Oh he said he'd cure your ills, but he didn't even pay the bill"

"We have been through hell in our time which means I can surely recline on you"

:o

Love PTxx.

There's probably tons of lyrics I've got all screwed up in my brain...but the only one I can think of is from "Your The One For Me, Fatty"

I used to think it was:
"All we're about to see is some hope and some despair"
not "All over Battersea, some hope and some despair"

"Behind the hedge at day light"

What's this one supposed to be?

There's probably tons of lyrics I've got all screwed up in my brain...but the only one I can think of is from "Your The One For Me, Fatty"

I used to think it was:
"All we're about to see is some hope and some despair"
not "All over Battersea, some hope and some despair"

Me, too. I don't know about you, but I'm just a dumb 'Mercan who doesn't know WTF "Battersea" is.

Um...when I first heard Interesting Drug, I would be singing away going "There are some bad people on the right" :o I just thought he was going real political or something.

Um...when I first heard Interesting Drug, I would be singing away going "There are some bad people on the right" :o I just thought he was going real political or something.

That's just your subconscious voice of reason making headway.

Not really misheard, but I used to think he was talking about being the sun and the air. God was I confused...

I also used to have a lot of trouble with This Charming Man... I thought he was saying "Punctured bicycle on a hillside with soda" and "jumped-up panty boy"

:o

i think it IS actually "count to four", because in the music, there´s a four note break before it goes on, so it would only make sense..

i think it IS actually "count to four", because in the music, there´s a four note break before it goes on, so it would only make sense..

maybe so, but the Leno performance he surely says "can't afford"

that doesn't prove much though, cuz he does live lyric changes all the time

and, the song seems to be about rich arseholes, so it makes more sense that a broken neck would not be a monetary problem.

maybe i should start a thread about lyrics heard right the first time and later assumed them to be wrong?

Tags
clean ur ears funny haunted bicycle lyrics
Back
Top Bottom