All New Misheard Lyrics

Raquel

The Most Inept
Inspired by Kewpie, here goes:
I believed for about 20 years that the lyric in That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore was,
ACCIDENTS HAPPEN in other people's lives and now it's happening in mine
it really is:
I've seen this happen in other people's lives and now it's happening in mine

Do you have any?

sheila take i bow

i understand
how can someone so young "SEE THE WORLD SO SAD"

instead of "sing words so sad"

my 1 st smiths cd was the singles cd so i believe it was like that a long time until i got the lyrics and i always found "see the world so sad" (she say it in german of course;-)
fits way much better cause thats what my mother always told me when i was siiting in my room "why oh why can someone so young like you see the world so sad "
and mine its also a nicer line to remember than his line-at least in my opinion ;)

Last edited:
Piccadilly Palare
Cause in a Baltic cult/I secretly knew that I hadn't a clue

instead of

Cause in a belted coat/I secretly knew that I hadn't a clue

Panic
Humdee, dumdee, Homocide

instead of

Dublin, Dundee, Humberside

:D

for years i was convinced that the line in interesting drug was "a young married couple in their tethered felt hats."

Panic
Humdee, dumdee, Homocide

instead of

Dublin, Dundee, Humberside

:D

I like your version !

Everybody now," Humdee,dumdee,homocide" !!! :D

Would make a great t-shirt slogan

I like your version !

Everybody now," Humdee,dumdee,homocide" !!! :D

Would make a great t-shirt slogan

Yeah, I like it too. Even is a bit proud of that one.
:)

And:
The Boy Razor instead of The Boy Racer
Mozzer going emo...

Last edited:
Inspired by Kewpie, here goes:
I believed for about 20 years that the lyric in That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore was,
ACCIDENTS HAPPEN in other people's lives and now it's happening in mine
it really is:
I've seen this happen in other people's lives and now it's happening in mine

Do you have any?

Yes, mine comes from "Southpaw." I thought the lyric was, "You were a boy before you became a man / I don't see the choice."

It is actually, "You were a boy before you became a man
I don't see the join "

Strictly speaking, I like my interpretation better! ;-)

Mrs. NRitH just learned yesterday, when our 2 y.o. was singing "Ask," that it's "the bomb that will bring us together," not "bond." She was crushed.

i was never sure what he sings there too actually i heard "bon" but i thought of course that couldnt be true :)so i wondered

when i read the lyric sheet later iwas like" oh the bomb-interesting"

Mrs. NRitH just learned yesterday, when our 2 y.o. was singing "Ask," that it's "the bomb that will bring us together," not "bond." She was crushed.

I shudder to think what her reaction will be when she learns the album isn't entitled, "Louder Than Bonds." Best to break it to her gently.:)

This lyric alters for me but in everydaY IS LIKE SUNDAY- i always thought it was "share some cream tea" or "share some green tea" - so shameful of me but just never got "greased tea" from it .

this is not a misheard morrissey lyric, but i'll share it anyway.. It's from Perfect Day by Lou Reed...
original lyric:
You're going to reap just what you sow

i heard:
You're going to Rio, just watch your soul

i sort of prefer my misheard lyric :D

From "The Queen Is Dead" -

"Life is very long / when you don't live" instead of

"Life is very long / When you're lonely"

Btw, "Humdee, Dumdee, Homocide" is hilarious :D

i read somewhere that somebody was convinced that "and in the darkened underpass i thought oh god my chance has come at last" was actually "and in my darkened underpants..." :D
I dont think 'There is a light...' would be considered such a lyrical masterpiece if the protagonist had shat himself.

i read somewhere that somebody was convinced that "and in the darkened underpass i thought oh god my chance has come at last" was actually "and in my darkened underpants..." :D
I dont think 'There is a light...' would be considered such a lyrical masterpiece if the protagonist had shat himself.

"And in my darkened underpants
I thought, 'Oh God my chance has come at last?"

lmao

This is so embarassing, but here goes:

Many years ago when hearing "Panic" on the radio, I would sing along..."I'm the Teacher, I'm the Teacher, I'm the Teacher" instead of "Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ. :o

Tags
clean ur ears funny haunted bicycle lyrics
Back
Top Bottom