All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - TTY

Press release - true-to-you.net

26 October 2012

All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell. Due to issues with his mother's health, Morrissey will need to remain by her side during this difficult period.

Those who have already purchased tickets for all upcoming dates are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced shortly.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience as the shows are being prepared for a swift reschedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncleskinny just answered rationally - your claim of "half the posts are censored" is obviously made up. Your bias against Uncleskinny and the site is obvious now with the last comment but I'll just say your arguments have been answered several times in the thread already.

You really don't get it do you?

This is not about criticism of Morrissey's material, or live shows, or band members. It's about a Morrissey website carrying posts laughing at the hospitalisation of Morrissey's mother, or criticising him for cancelling gigs so he can be at her bedside. Any reasonable person would see that as being too much.

Given the absolute idiot you made of yourself over the "hoax" MEN gigs, and the Isle of Wight gigs you told us would definitely happen, and indeed the reunion "in the next year" you have been predicting for the last 6 years, i would have thought you would keep your head down, but clearly your ego dictates otherwise.

Oh please. He's obviously playing with his image. I recently watched a video of him getting awarded with the key to the city of Tel Aviv. To me, he seemed quite happy about it. So, if you had a button to raise that feeling inside of him, would you... ah screw it, you're never going to state a simple "yes why not, I'd increase his happiness if the only thing I need to do is press a simple button". I genuinely don't understand what's your problem with that. I hope YOU do, at least.

If I could push a button to make Morrissey happy, I would. I'd push all the buttons for everyone. Happy, happy. :)

So...if Morrissey hates someones: he has license to say whatever he wants about them and his logic is, by default, flawless and except from scrutiny.

If someone here hates Morrissey: it's heresy!

Brilliant logic.

But seriously though...his bread is the shit! It can cure any affliction. It brings squashed pigeons back to life.

I was making a constructive suggestion...give his mum some BREAD!!!! Don't be so cynical! It's all about the bread, baby!

I don't literally want Betty to die, you horse's ass...the fact is, her illness doesn't affect me much either way. I'm sure there's an old lady on my very block in the same situation...elderly, health failing, 70 or 80 years old...if she is ill and dies, that's sad...for her, her family, friends (who haven't dies yet themselves), bingo partners...but it's life.

I can't feign an emotional reaction to it because I have no personal investment in the situation. That's what I'm mocking...not some old lady's failing health and possible impending death, but how all of you people are sending all your get-well-soon well wishes to Morrissey.. It's not that doing such a thing is inherently pathetic, but because your motives are smelly. You think you KNOW Morrissey, you think you feel close to him...but he doesn't know you or care about you. AT ALL. He is nothing to you other than a popstar and as a pop star his relevance is noteworthy....but it ends there where your specific personal awareness of him is concerned. You clowns don't realize that though. You think it is a personal relationship; the whole lot of you are deranged.

Granted, not as deranged as Crystal Geezer...who literally stalks him and who is, quite realistically, mentally unwell in that her delusions and fantasies know no bounds...but you still need to see the inherent irony and absurdity of this thread; sending him these personalized condolences as though you know him, or he is your friend.

Next time one of you has an ill mom or dad, post it here. After all, you must believe Morrissey will read it, otherwise why would you be posting here to wish his mother well? So by that logic he will see that your mother is ill and he will send you some condolences. You know, since you guys are all personally tight with Morrissey, and shit.

Actually it made me laugh really hard. I included it here to show how spiteful and childish Morrissey is.

Um, that's not bile I'm spewing when I come on this site...

It's true there are those who talk shit online and in real life are 4-ft tall anemic grocery baggers. There are are also people who talk shit online who in real life are just as aggressive. Many people are somewhere in between.

Not that it matters, but because you seem to keep spamming the line "skylarker is a coward in real life" I just thought I'd say...your logic is silly. You have no way of qualifying your statement. If you're going to engage in this "debate" you should try to avoid making claims you cannot substantiate...and the hard fact is, no one here knows how anyone else here is "in real life." But it helps you feel better to call me a coward, because in your thick head it discredits my claims...and denial is the springboard from which you -and most people here- launch your opinions.

Look everyone, face facts, you cannot argue with the man (Skylarker that is). Simply put, he speaketh the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
DavidT, You are NOT defending a right to post, because you censor half the posts. You are an absolute contradiction. The reason people like I post anonymously is because I would hate to feel that I am associating myself as part of your cesspit community. You must really, really hate Morrissey, or are you just confused by your role in his world? The ironic thing is, if you cleared out the sickos and kept the site positive, I and many others would happily register, Morrissey would probably lift your concert ban, and Morrissey's world would be a happier place, full of wine and roses. I must applaud myself for resisting all temptation to call you a cu..

Anon

You don't want to be associated with the community and yet you feel compelled to contribute to the dialog? :squiffy: No impulse control? Unbridled need/compulsion to express oneself? If this community sucks then why not disassociate from it completely and just read the news? And save your thoughts and opinions for a blog entry? Before attacking anyone else here, can you take a moment to address these questions?

I see your problem. You (also Skylarker and other trolls) have created this image in your heads of a deluded and sycophant arselick Morrissey fan, and you seem to assume that anyone who refuses to bash Morrissey must be like that. Then you take your cardboard-cutout blueprint dumb Morrissey fan and write lengthy rants to slag them off - while you're quite obviously just slagging off your former selves. You're older now, and you're such clever swines. You bash Morrissey only to demonstrate to us (and to yourselves) just how high you raised above your fandom. I'm so impressed.

You aren't even aware that you behave like radical atheists when you try to educate other fans like this - will you rest before each and every Morrissey fan on this site becomes equally nasty/spiteful/cold as you? You bath in your eloquence and wit, and don't give a shit that you completely spoil it for the rest of us. You can't accept that some (most) people are perfectly sane and only come here sometimes to have a friendly chat about their beloved idol. It is beyond you. You're obsessed and fail to see it.

FAIL.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/members/5088

You aren't even aware that you behave like radical atheists when you try to educate other fans like this - will you rest before each and every Morrissey fan on this site becomes equally nasty/spiteful/cold as you?

Hey now, I take issue with this. :D

You bath in your eloquence and wit, and don't give a shit that you completely spoil it for the rest of us. You can't accept that some (most) people are perfectly sane and only come here sometimes to have a friendly chat about their beloved idol. It is beyond you. You're obsessed and fail to see it.

Sane? Beloved idol? He is the one who is obsessed? Oh, OK. :squiffy:

You falsely assume that there's necessarily a correlation between the amount of posts and level of obsession. It's WHAT you say, not how much. Also, it makes no sense to put it in terms of percentage. 20% might be 1 post per day (sane) or 100 posts per day (addicted to an internet forum).

When someone directly references my amount of posts as "proof" of an obsession with Morrissey, there is a correlation and percentages make perfect sense. It may not make sense to you, but then again, the "logic" you display in your posts or simply the fact that you're posting doesn't make sense to me. As clearly stated on the statistics provided by this site, I average 4.61 posts a day, hardly grounds for obsession...especially considering 80% of my time spent on here is talking with people about things that have absolutely nothing to do with Morrissey.

Uncleskinny just answered rationally - your claim of "half the posts are censored" is obviously made up. Your bias against Uncleskinny and the site is obvious now with the last comment but I'll just say your arguments have been answered several times in the thread already.

It wasn't me who said "have the posts are censored". A quick look at IP addresses could have sorted that out.

I'm not biased against the site, i post on here occasionally and am struggling to remember posts made attacking the site.

The comments i made about Uncle Skinny were factual, no more, no less

Points not answered, and ad-hominem attacks launched. I can see where this is going. Good luck with your cheery life.

P.

Likewise, i wasn't the person who made the original post, so i have no points to answer.

You're just jealous Davie messages me all the time and not you despite your wiki efforts to impress. :p

He messages you because he has mother issues. (Sorry Davie, but you did say so yourself.) You are like a mum to him, not a friend. He doesn't message Viva because Viva is not nurturing him and stroking his ego... something you do so well as a means to an end, of course, to win friends and influence (manipulate) people. Sadly they fail to see how it will end. You will use the info you gained through your correspondence to stick it to them in the future when you have decided they are no longer useful. Your fallout with Viva and NHNS are two examples of your backstabbing, disloyalty in action.

Why? I'd never bash an atheist just for being an atheist.

OK. :thumb:

I don't understand. Many people have idols that they 'love'. Are those all insane?

Agree. I consider myself to be one of them. However, there are people that plan their lives around another--their idol, and put off having meaningful relationships with 'real' people... in hopes of hooking up romantically with the OBJECT of their desire. This is insanity. Would you agree?

There are times when this site really jumps the shark -- this is one of those times...

As we know, Morrissey's mum is a "young mum". I assume she's in her early-mid 70s?
Oh I really think, she'll pull through.

So under this logic, that if the majority is fine then don't dwell on the few isolated negatives, we certainly can draw this to it's natural extension. Why have any gun control? I mean most people don't shoot random others so what do you need to prevent anyone from doing what they wish. Why have anti slavery laws.? Most people are not going to make their black neighbor into their person chattel, and really if the do well most act positive to their fellow black neighbors so no issue there.
Yes an of course posting on some dead web site is not in the league with shooting people and slavery but really it's the same concept if you are going to defend as you do.

And of course we have the hypocrisy of it all. Messages HAVE been removed from the site. People HAVE been banned from the site. Given that rationale you espouse that should never happen.
Obviously many on here have serious issues. Claiming to detest their man, love "some of their work", let they live on this site. But yes these trolls have issues as spending countless hours writing many nauseating things expressing generally detestable points of view is their prerogative. If their really was a higher being then their would be some cosmic justice for their ilk.

Yes I post here once in a while. Yes anonymously. Sadly their is no their good source for news on Morrissey.
But the selective defending of this site, the selective post removal and screenings, and "time-outs" and bannings show the hypocrisy and inconsistency here.

And maybe there is no good solution without having to sit and screen every single line and ban people left and write who will only return under a different guise as this is their life.
But be consistent - no message screening, no post removals, no banning and don't pretend this is anything other than what it is.

When someone directly references my amount of posts as "proof" of an obsession with Morrissey, there is a correlation and percentages make perfect sense.

And when I directly reference your amount of posts as "proof" of an obsession with doughnuts, there is a correlation, too? Think again, dude.

It may not make sense to you, but then again, the "logic" you display in your posts or simply the fact that you're posting doesn't make sense to me. As clearly stated on the statistics provided by this site, I average 4.61 posts a day, hardly grounds for obsession...

4.61 posts. EVERY single day. In SIX years.
And I already explained that I come here to speak up against the mess that happens here. Don't worry, I won't stay for long. For sure I won't stay six years, ranting the same shit over and over again. Like some of us do.

especially considering 80% of my time spent on here is talking with people about things that have absolutely nothing to do with Morrissey.

Are you telling that there's absolutely NO Morrissey related topics in Off-Topic, The Pigsty, Site Feedback, and Site Introductions? There's tons of Morrissey related posts from you in Off-Topic. You don't exactly care WHERE you spill out your negativity about him.

Agree. I consider myself to be one of them. However, there are people that plan their lives around another--their idol, and put off having meaningful relationships with 'real' people... in hopes of hooking up romantically with the OBJECT of their desire. This is insanity. Would you agree?

For sure. But my guess is that there's around 10 people here who have those delusions, whereas the majority is perfectly sane, although the likes of VivaHate and Skylarker seem to assume that the whole solow-community consists of either totally deluded sycophants (=the dumb people who need to be enlightened by them) or the ones who are totally in the know (=the cool people with the funny gifs).

It is virtually impossible just to be a normal fan on this site. Which is strange because I think that most people who come here ARE just normal fans. But a few trolls spoil everything, and davidt and his moderators allow them to do so. Only they know why.

Jesus Christ, STILL bickering 356 posts later??? Aren't some people so big and brave (and f***ing infantile too) when they sit at their keyboard. We are all deeply impressed.

Abolish posts on front page stories NOW.

And don't whine "freedom of speech" - it's a simple tweak to the site. If people want to exercise their freedom of speech, there are plenty of other opportunities within this site, but my guess is they won't bother without a captive audience on the front page.

Back
Top Bottom