"All The Young People Must Fall In Love" (Bob Clearmountain Mix) released (EU Apr 20, UK Jul 6 2018)

Released in the UK on July 6, 2018.

"All The Young People Must Fall In Love" (Bob Clearmountain Mix) - 7" clear vinyl was listed for sale at some European sites (post by Famous when dead) and it has been reported people are receiving orders now.

The reported release date on the Fnac site is Apr. 20, 2018, however there have not been any official announcements or mention of UK release.

Tweet posted by an anonymous person (original post):

43030_42892_All-the-Young-People-Must-Fall-in-Love_1.jpg

Buy on Amazon.co.uk.

Last edited:
These covers come from Stock footage on the internet. Nothing interesting and show no creativity.
It's choosing and applying that require creativity. All images come from somewhere unless they've been specially commissioned - even the ones Morrissey used for those glorious Smiths covers. I like these - so far they have all been interesting and have a depth and feel which make you want to linger over them.

Kind of hopin' that with this Clearmountain Mix, he doesn't just slightly tweak it, but really freaks it.
A distinctive mix.
I have traveled the least beaten path and enjoy the album version as well as the first heard live version.
Moz seems to be havin' fun and feelin' this song, because partway through he just starts hummin'.
I tend to think that's just because he didn't bother to write any more words.

These covers are getting as homoerotic as the first Smiths single.

The album is ok.. has good bits, was even better live. But this is his worst single ever..

Will anybody upload this to Youtube or will BMG do their f*cking job and get it to Spotify?

Gratuitous in what way ? Cuddling and holding hands isn't gratuitous? Guess everyone sensibilities are different.

Moz likes to use images on his covers that appeal to him and as someone who isn't known to aquiesce I can't image him pandering to anyone.

The first image is cropped and both sides make the bigger image:

View attachment 43705

Boys and Girls, Caldwell Idaho, 1941 by Russell Lee.
"Russell Werner Lee (1903-1986) captured this image while working for the Farm Security Administration (FSA) during the Great Depression.
The stated goal of the project was to "introduce America to Americans." "

The second image is, surprisingly, a stock Getty image:

View attachment 43706
Image from quote as it doesn't display:
20180502_141839.jpg

The first image as a whole rather than how it appears wrapped around the record is quite innocent and probably required permission from the FSA to reproduce and certainly wasn't from a 'stock' supplier. I'm not sure how the picture could be placed on the sleeve any other way than front and back. The My Love... image was interesting as it was the first 'stock' (ie Getty) image to be used by Morrissey. Besides Jo & Morrissey's Smith's cover legacy where font, position, colour and image crop were scrutinised meticulously - this image is simply the first one in his catalogue that was chosen from a library of pictures with no particular agenda or story behind it (of the ones that are not of Morrissey himself that is).
It is probably no more complicated than that. Aligning the use of cover art alongside any other currently perceived Morrissey 'issues' to formulate an argument such as 'lazy cover design is further proof of a decline' is going just a bit too far IMHO, but what do I know :)
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I think the two boys look more like brothers messing around than lovers anyway. Just look at the similarity of the facial features.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom