All these songs, all these tunes, where are they now?

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29227

So, looking through a spreadsheet of Moz's songs & albums I've put together (yeah, sad I know), I discover there are some tracks which I don't have, or even heard of. Checked on the web, still can't find. Checked through the NHS catalogue, still no. Revelations, again, no.

Can anyone help out please?

I Don't Want Us To Finish
I Know Who I Love
I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me
I'm Looking Forward To Going Back
Hanratty
Fast Car, Sharp Bend, Goodbye
Action Man
Nightmare
Teresa, Teresa
The Kid's A Looker*

*The Kid's A Looker - I've found on YT, but it seems to be a session track (according to YT - Temple Lane Studios, Dublin, Ireland) but can't see which album, or EP, it appeared on, if any.

Are some of these covers, so not released as A or B-sides, but maybe tracks he's sang live at some point?

I'm sure there's someone, somewhere, with a big nose, who knows?

So, looking through a spreadsheet of Moz's songs & albums I've put together (yeah, sad I know), I discover there are some tracks which I don't have, or even heard of. Checked on the web, still can't find. Checked through the NHS catalogue, still no. Revelations, again, no.

I Know Who I Love
Hanratty
Action Man
Nightmare
Teresa, Teresa
The Kid's A Looker*

*The Kid's A Looker - I've found on YT, but it seems to be a session track (according to YT - Temple Lane Studios, Dublin, Ireland) but can't see which album, or EP, it appeared on, if any.

Are some of these covers, so not released as A or B-sides, but maybe tracks he's sang live at some point?

The Kid’s A Looker Studio In Session version appears on 25 Live DVD and the Janice Long Session version is the b-side to The Last Of The Famous International Playboys reissue. The other tracks you mention are unreleased and unavailable.

The only one who's been released is The Kid's A Looker, on the 2013 reissue of The Last of The Famous International Playboys. The song was first played on Janice Long radio show in 2011 together with Action/People. There was also a Studio in Session episode with these songs and also Scandinavia, later released on WPINOYB deluxe. All the other titles, all from before 2009 I think, are yet to be uncovered, but the lyrics and melodies could've been reworked into other songs later released.

All the other titles, all from before 2009 I think, are yet to be uncovered, but the lyrics and melodies could've been reworked into other songs later released.
I wouldn't be suprised if 'Action Man' turned into 'Action is My Middle Name'.

The Kids A Looker is up there with the very worst of Morrissey’s work. I was the only damper on the 2011 tour. It should never have got a gig. All the decent songs not been aired live and that was given a run out, terrible.

The Kids A Looker is up there with the very worst of Morrissey’s work. I was the only damper on the 2011 tour. It should never have got a gig. All the decent songs not been aired live and that was given a run out, terrible.
Same goes for "People Are The Same Everywhere". Probably his worst song for me.

im looking forward to going back is the most Morrissey title ever.
fast car sharp bend reminds me of boy racer when you think of the video.

Only "I know who I love" exists in fully produced form, imho. Replaced on Maladjusted by "Wide to receive" the very last minute, it's the one track that lets me dream of a future RSD release or as a part of a proper outtakes collection. The Bridgwoods sometimes tease on twitter about the existence of this song, when ask directly. Most of the others seem to be unfinished tracks, with guide vocals or instrumentals, for what I have red in the last 24 years online.

Last edited:
Only "I know who I love" exists in fully produced form, imho. Replaced on Maladjusted by "Wide to receive" the very last minute, it's the one track that lets me dream of a future RSD release or as a part of a proper outtakes collection. The Bridgwoods sometimes tease on twitter about the existence of this song, when ask directly. Most of the others seem to be unfinished tracks, with guide vocals or instrumentals, for what I have red in the last 24 years online.
The fact that there exists a Maladjusted era song called I Know Who I Love makes me weep. If I shut my eyes I can hear Alain’s ringing, melodic and wistful guitars and the warm melancholy of Morrissey’s voice. The Maladjusted era and album are so underrated.

You are so right. Intriguing title and strange circumstances for his disappearance. Uplifting, with typical guitar work of this era and a wonderful chorus. Much in the vein of Alma Matters.

It's a shame nor the artist or any record company had interest in releasing such material in the year of his 60th anniversary.

I Know Who I Love
Hanratty
Action Man
Nightmare
Teresa, Teresa
The Kid's A Looker*

Kid's A Looker was in the older NHS and the 'essential' NHS.
Here's the Janice & Studio in Session versions:

https://we.tl/t-Q40A4p0Z8P

The others (maybe including remaining Boz bits (Diana Dors / I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed)) are in the realms of speculation and /or might have been recorded / possibly a demo / instrumental.

Krix mentions some here.
See a longer discussion and list here.

Many, many threads over the years discussing them.

Action Man - Whyte song - possibly circa 2005 so a Ringleader session.
Hanratty was recorded with lyrics and canned (circa '97).
Harry Rag (Kinks cover) - rehearsed (circa '91), but no evidence of recording.
I Don't Want Us To Finish - circa '87 and is thought to be with Street/Reilly/Paresi
I Know Who I Love - Boorer track - as per info above.
I'm Looking Forward To Going Back - circa 2007/8 Whyte track - possibly vocals exist.
Teresa,Teresa - a Whyte song - possibly recorded 2007/8 YOR session according to PJLM:
Boz Boorer (guitar), Jesse Tobias (guitar), Solomon Walker (bass), Matt Walker (drums) and Roger Manning Jr. (piano, keyboards), with perhaps Kristopher Pooley on backing vocals and/or Mark Isham on trumpet.
Nightmare - Corbin track (circa '97) - recorded with lyrics.
I Was Bully... - Whyte track, 2007/8 YOR era - lyrics may exist.
Sharp Bend, Fast Car, Goodbye - Whyte track, instrumental - '93 (note: the fast & sharp in the title have appeared first in the title depending on where you look).

Regards,
FWD.

There was one called "I'm Not Worth Hitting" and another referred to either as "Livings" or "The Longer I Live" - I believe around the time of Refusal?

From the thread linked above:
- I'm Looking Forward To Going Back
- I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me
- Me Satisfied
- Robin And Company
- Teresa, Teresa
- When I Was Young
- Sisterama
- Agreeable Civil Servant
- No Room For Oscar
- Son Of Sin
- The Longer I Live
- I Know Who I Love
- I'm Not Worth Hitting
- My Name Is Mortimer
- Sharp Bend, Fast Car, Goodbye
- Take Us The Way We Are
- Can't Carry One
- Cage Of Marriage
- Women Don't Seem To Like Me
- I Don't Want Us To Finish
- Buddy Buried Deeply
- In Control Of Dame Dominance
- When I Was Young
- (I Think) I'm Ready For The Electric Chair
- The Living Jukebox

Pinch of salt probably mandatory with some of the above.
Regards,
FWD.

Isn’t Sisterama Sister I’m a poet? Wasn’t the name spotted in a studio reel years ago? That will have been written by the engineer.

Interesting stuff. For an outtake collection like Springsteen's "Tracks" I would sell me grandma's little house. Wasn't "In Control Of Dame Dominance" supposed to be about Bowie?

I really enjoyed all those threads dealing with the "unreleased" theme.

Little rumours like the one of an early CD-R promo version of Maladjusted with 2 different tracks keep me going.

Last edited:
From the thread linked above:
- I'm Looking Forward To Going Back
- I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me
- Me Satisfied
- Robin And Company
- Teresa, Teresa
- When I Was Young
- Sisterama
- Agreeable Civil Servant
- No Room For Oscar
- Son Of Sin
- The Longer I Live
- I Know Who I Love
- I'm Not Worth Hitting
- My Name Is Mortimer
- Sharp Bend, Fast Car, Goodbye
- Take Us The Way We Are
- Can't Carry One
- Cage Of Marriage
- Women Don't Seem To Like Me
- I Don't Want Us To Finish
- Buddy Buried Deeply
- In Control Of Dame Dominance
- When I Was Young
- (I Think) I'm Ready For The Electric Chair
- The Living Jukebox

Pinch of salt probably mandatory with some of the above.
Regards,
FWD.

Christ, the list goes on & on...& on. Thanks FWD for this & the other post on this subject.
Clearly many of these will not get bottomed out, unfortunately.
These seem to be falling into categories of:

• Cover rumour unavailable - no chance
  • Unreleased Moz track but available on the net
  • Unreleased Moz track unavailable anywhere - no chance unless some kind soul finds it in his/her garage/attic
  • Unreleased Moz track rumour unavailable - no chance
Entry count on spreadsheet, including known/available/unavailable/rumour, runs to 297 tracks. Does that sort of sound right-ish?

It's a massive body of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom