All these songs, all these tunes, where are they now?

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
Also, some notes/queries/grey areas outstanding:

17 Human Being* Wiki error?: Possible duplication of Treat Me Like A Human Being (both of which are included under both categories 'H' and 'T')?
18 Livings* - same as The Longer I Live? See below - Mentioned by McCrickson
19 The Longer I Live* - same as Livings? See above
20 Sharp Bend, Fast Car, Goodbye* Wiki error: Variations on name depending on source - mentioned by FWD
21 Fast Car, Sharp Bend, Goodbye* Wiki error: Variations on name depending on source - mentioned by FWD
22 Sisterama* Could this be another track or possibly (more likely) a note written by the engineer for Sister I'm A Poet? Mentioned by Stux
23 That's Alright Mama* Not sure if recorded or performed by The Smiths or solo Morrissey - mentioned by Uncleskinny

Human Being and Treat Me Like A Human Being are two completely different songs the former being a New York Dolls cover.

According to Johnny Rogan Book Morrissey The Albums the correct title is Sharp Bend, Fast Car, Goodbye.

Is That’s All Right Mama not by Alain Whyte?

I'm now at a total of 309 Morrissey solo tracks.

In cross checking this morning, & using info kindly provided in this thread by various, I've found that these (at the time of checking) don't appear in your wiki:

1 Agreeable Civil Servant - Rumour: Needs verification
2 Buddy Buried Deeply - Rumour: Needs verification
3 Cage Of Marriage - Rumour: Needs verification
4 Can't Carry One - Rumour: Needs verification
5 Harry Rag cover Kinks - Needs verification
6 I Think I'm Ready For The Electric Chair - Rumour: Needs verification
7 I’m Not Worth Hitting - Rumour: Needs verification
8 In Control Of Dame Dominance - Rumour: Needs verification
9 Me Satisfied - Rumour: Needs verification
10 My Name Is Mortimer - Rumour: Needs verification
11 No Room For Oscar - Rumour: Needs verification
12 Robin And Company - Rumour: Needs verification
13 Son Of Sin - Rumour: Needs verification
14 The Living Jukebox - Rumour: Needs verification
15 Women Don't Seem To Like Me - Rumour: Needs verification
16 The Bed Took Fire - Alternative naming of At Amber which exists under its own name so qualifies I think.

Whether these 'rumours', as I'm referring to them as, will ever be verified is another matter & might influence your decision whether to include them, or not.

No I won’t include them in the wiki until they’re confirmed nor The Longer I Live and Livings nor brief accapella covers which he did live.

Human Being and Treat Me Like A Human Being are two completely different songs the former being a New York Dolls cover.

According to Johnny Rogan Book Morrissey The Albums the correct title is Sharp Bend, Fast Car, Goodbye.

Is That’s All Right Mama not by Alain Whyte?

OK no problem, I wasn't aware of HB by NYD - just raising the query, which you've now resolved.
Take your point re; it being in that book - if that's what you're using as a definitive source, then your call.

Re; That's alright mama - you'll need to get an answer from Uncleskinny - he was the one who raised it. I thought it was reference to an Elvis cover, but hey, what do I know?

No I won’t include them in the wiki until they’re confirmed nor The Longer I Live and Livings nor brief accapella covers which he did live.

Again, no problem; your call. I've just collated them as 'rumour to be confirmed' (rtbc) in my spreadsheet purely for some kind of 'completeness' at my end...if that can ever be achieved.

Hope this exercise has been of some value at your end, if only for someone to go over & review, what you've kindly pulled together.

I've found the whole searching, & research very informative; time consuming, yet informative. Thanks.

As I've left those unconfirmed tracks in, & added Human Being, just for info my total now stands at 310.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone unleash something to celebrate this fine little thread? Thank ya in advance. Splendid!

This do you for now?

A dreaded sunny day
So I meet you at the cemetry gates
Keats and Yeats are on your side
A dreaded sunny day
So I meet you at the cemetry gates
While Wilde is on mine
So we go inside and we gravely read the stones
All these songs, all these tunes
Where are they now?

With loves, and hates
And passions just like mine
They were born
And then they lived
And then they died
It seems so unfair
I want to cry
You say : "'Ere thrice the sun done salutation to the dawn"
And you claim these words as your own
But I've read well, and I've heard them said
A hundred times (maybe less, maybe more)
If you must write prose/poems
The words you use should be your own
Don't plagiarise or take "on loan"
'Cause there's always someone, somewhere
With a big nose, who knows

And who trips you up and laughs
When you fall
Who'll trip you up and laugh
When you fall
You say : "'Ere long done do does did"
Words which could only be your own
And then produce the text
From whence was ripped
(Some dizzy whore, 1804)
A dreaded sunny day
So let's go where we're happy
And I meet you at the cemetry gates
Oh, Keats and Yeats are on your side
A dreaded sunny day
So let's go where we're wanted
And I meet you at the cemetry gates
But you lose
'Cause weird lover Wilde is on mine
Sure!

...SNIP...
'Cause weird lover Wilde is on mine
Sure!
People's homework for today:
Yanny or Laurel!? :)
Which ending to the song do people hear:
  • 'Cause weird lover Wilde is on mine...
  • because, well the love of Wilde is on mine...
  • because, with the love of Wilde in on mine...
Regards,
FWD.

People's homework for today:
Yanny or Laurel!? :)
Which ending to the song do people hear:
  • 'Cause weird lover Wilde is on mine...
  • because, well the love of Wilde is on mine...
  • because, with the love of Wilde in on mine...
Regards,
FWD.

Just listened again...'Cause weird lover Wilde is on mine...is what I hear.

Also Moz sings plagiarise but pronounces it as 'g' (guh), & not 'j' as in plajiarise.
I'm sure he does it purposely, much like the misspelling of cemetery (cemetry [gates])

I love this thread. There’s still hope.

Just listened again...'Cause weird lover Wilde is on mine...is what I hear.

Also Moz sings plagiarise but pronounces it as 'g' (guh), & not 'j' as in plajiarise.
I'm sure he does it purposely, much like the misspelling of cemetery (cemetry [gates])
I've always heard an 'of' at the end.
I think this topic has been discussed and even Passions mentions it, but was interested to see what other ears thought.
Here's the part slowed (0.9 speed) and the 'of' sounds more pronounced.
https://we.tl/t-UWwRbE1CoQ
Regards,
FWD.

LOL...you 'geek' too far FWD...:D

Slowed down, it's either weird lover wilde, as I hear it in the song, or weird love of wilde.

There's also "Diana Dors" and "I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed" which seem to date from the High School sessions, if nobody has already mentioned them.

Back in the 90s, somewhere between Southpaw and Maladjusted, I was told that Morrissey was working on songs called "Buddy Buried Deeply", "Snake Curves Silently", "In Control of Dame Dominance" and "Satan Rejected My Soul". As "Satan" did finally emerge I've always assumed the other titles to be genuine.

There's are also "Diana Dors" and "I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed" which seem to date from the High School sessions, if nobody has already mentioned them.

Back in the 90s, somewhere between Southpaw and Maladjusted, I was told that Morrissey was working on songs called "Buddy Buried Deeply", "Snake Curves Silently", "In Control of Dame Dominance" and "Satan Rejected My Soul". As "Satan" did finally emerge I've always assumed the other titles to be genuine.

Yep those have been referenced OS, in this very thread, & also on 'anons' wiki page (https://www.morrissey-solo.com/w/in...y_Lyrics&pageuntil=Shame+Is+The+Name#mw-pages), however not Snake Curves Silently. Interesting. Do you have any links to that one at all? I see you referenced those, on here, back in 2006.

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...ently-and-in-control-of-dame-dominance.57855/

Can't believe we're retracing history & still no closer to any resolution. Moz needs to get his finger out.
Thanks.

I've added Snake Curves Silently to my spreadsheet so total now at 311.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, some notes/queries/grey areas outstanding:

17 Human Being* Wiki error?: Possible duplication of Treat Me Like A Human Being (both of which are included under both categories 'H' and 'T')?

Wiki error? This is a Dolls cover from the first Ringleader single. Not included on Swords. It's a terrible, heavy handed cover, like a fat girl trying to squeeze into a size 3 dress. Bulky, awkward, and hideous to behold.

The thing I don't understand about this thread is that all this arcane information is approached like summoning demons...as though if we get all the song names right and list everything as anally as possible and chant over and over and click our heels together, some of this "lost" material will appear. The fact is half this shit probably doesn't even really exist or of it does it's buried in half-demo form and doesn't surface for a reason.

Can you guys think of one song that was buried for years and when it finally leaked was truly life changing, to the degree that tracks like f***ing Hanratty have been awarded this mythical status? No. OK maybe one or two here and there but here's my point. This motherf***er is about to drop a brand new album of originals.

What does it say about the state of his recent artistic output that rather than whip our cocks out about the imminence of a brand new LP, we're scraping the barrel for recordings of Boz's farts from the Southpaw Grammar sessions?

Back
Top Bottom