All these songs, all these tunes, where are they now?

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
Ok, sorry. Goes like this:
Agreeable Civil Servant
Buddy Buried Deeply
Cage Of Marriage
Can't Carry One
I’m Not Worth Hitting
In Control Of Dame Dominance
Me Satisfied
My Name Is Mortimer
Nightmare
The leeches go on removing
Hanratty
Fast car, sharp bent
Stay as you are
Kill Uncle

Thanks in advance.

Well, the only ones I know about with any degree of reasonable input are the last two. Kill Uncle was attempted but not finished. It was supposed to be about the Uncle having some money and he needed to be murdered to get it. Inspiration may have come from this... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060626/

Stay As You Are did exist as a title, but as far as I am aware, not as a song. There was a song going round some years ago but Boz dismissed it as a 'spoof'. The lyrics were ethereal and couldn't be made out. Minor progressions Am-Em-Dm-Am-C-G-A#-F as I recall.

Last edited:
Yep those have been referenced OS, in this very thread, & also on 'anons' wiki page, however not Snake Curves Silently. Interesting. Do you have any links to that one at all? I see you referenced those, on here, back on 2006.

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...ently-and-in-control-of-dame-dominance.57855/

Can't believe we're retracing history & still no closer to any resolution. Moz needs to get his finger out.
Thanks.

I know nothing other than those were the titles I was given.

The rumoured "My Name Is Not Mortimer" is a cover of the Mort Shuman song, I would presume. I do remember Nancy Sinatra stating in the mid-90s that Morrissey had done a version of her song "Happy", but that never surfaced. There were also rumours of a duet with Damien Dempsey, weren't there?

Last edited:
I nothing other than those were the titles I was given.

The rumoured "My Name Is Not Mortimer" is a cover of the Mort Shuman song, I would presume. I do remember Nancy Sinatra stating in the mid-90s that Morrissey had done a version of her song "Happy", but that never surfaced. There were also rumours of a duet with Damien Dempsey, weren't there?
Re: Dempsey.
Yes, rumour - driven by them being in and out of the studio at the time.
Then, Mando posted the 'pedo' picture (see my post here: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/damien-dempsey-and-moz-duet.143198/) which put some of them together.
Nothing super tangible though.
Regards,
FWD.

Further, the album Dempsey ultimately made featured lots of guests. Given his history with/love of Morrissey - there would have to be a very good reason why it (assuming it exists) was 'dropped'.

- Me Satisfied
- Robin And Company
- Sisterama
- Agreeable Civil Servant
- No Room For Oscar
- Son Of Sin
- My Name Is Mortimer
- Take Us The Way We Are
- Can't Carry One
- Cage Of Marriage
- Women Don't Seem To Like Me
- Buddy Buried Deeply
- In Control Of Dame Dominance
- When I Was Young
- (I Think) I'm Ready For The Electric Chair
- The Living Jukebox

Apologies for the ancient bump, but these ones I’ve left in the quote above is the first time I’ve heard of any of them!

Apologies for the ancient bump, but these ones I’ve left in the quote above is the first time I’ve heard of any of them!
Definitely a pinch of salt required for these bits of 'thin gruel' :)
IIRC a % of these were based on Morrissey attributed entries listed on the BMI website.
If you Google them, they tend to lead to articles here!
Regards,
FWD.

(I Think) I'm Ready For The Electric Chair was (along with Peppermint Heaven, Pristine Condition and Deeper And Deeper) confirmed by Billy Duffy as Duffy/Morrissey originals written together during their brief time together in The Nosebleeds.

Back
Top Bottom