All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Incorrect dummy. Refunds are always offered regardless if the gig has been postponed.
Yes - offered - not automatically issued to everyone. Normally it's a case of 'you can claim a refund if you want, or your ticket will be honoured at the rescheduled show'. These shows will not be resceduled - certainly not at venues of this size.

Be interesting to see where Morrissey goes when he next decides to return to the UK/European market. Does he go back to playing smaller clubs with lower ticket prices? Swallow his pride and go cap in hand to Marr for a Smiths reformation so he can pull in the mega bucks at stadiums? Or just say 'f*** it', and concentrate on the American market?

Do you really think this was cancelled because of his views? I doubt it , its just poor sales , the man has been touring for years and comes with a "new tour" every 6 months , no new record , the last record wasn`t like super sold . It's just too much touring, yeah there might be some consecuences because of his opinions , but thats because of the f***ing political correct world we live in.

Do you really think this was cancelled because of his views? I doubt it , its just poor sales , the man has been touring for years and comes with a "new tour" every 6 months , no new record , the last record wasn`t like super sold . It's just too much touring, yeah there might be some consecuences because of his opinions , but thats because of the f***ing political correct world we live in.
Go on his Facebook site, it’s absolutely low ticket sales due to his views.

Very depressing news indeed.
Firstly,M should have played the gigs and not given in.Poor show.

Secondly, I am sick to the back teeth of the intolerance of the left to allow other points of view.
What has happened to reasoned debate and argument?

These witch hunts (be it for "sexual harassment" or "racism")
are a VERY bad thing.

Sad day.

Do you mean countries where he hasn’t offended people with his views?
Offending people with your views is not as easy as it looks, particularly when people keep giving you the benefit of the doubt. Alienating the UK is the fruit of years and years of toil. Don't expect him to achieve the same thing in Latin America overnight.

The point is he just didn't account for a big part of his fan base being political and them being completely opposed to what he's been spouting. If you agree with his comments that's up to you but you can't deny that they've hit his ticket sales hard.

There are plenty about like me who would normally have bought a couple of tickets but didn't even think about it this time. No f***ing way.

Morrissey:- "People should make up their own minds and think for themselves"

*People proceed to make up their own mind and think for themselves that buying a ticket to see Morrissey is a shit idea"

Morrissey:- *spits dummy out* "The tour is cancelled for logistical reasons."

*Me (vegan.cro) and other Morrissey acolytes proceed to blame it on Dave "Has Been" Islam and those gosh darn POLLOS"
:crazy::rock:

FFS Skinny/Surface, quit wanting to be me. Now you are posting as me all the time LOL

The fascist Commie Pollos are very dangerous they dont respect the law and are capable of anything therefore Moz needs to take precautions against them:straightface:

Ayatollah Salaam AL-LOSER Halaam was busing in vagrants and pick pocket from throughout the country to run
havok and intimidate the decent folks at the Moz gig. Now he can go back to begging for food.
Thats what they do, and Moz needs to protect himself.:tiphat:

The point is he just didn't account for a big part of his fan base being political and them being completely opposed to what he's been spouting. If you agree with his comments that's up to you but you can't deny that they've hit his ticket sales hard.

There are plenty about like me who would normally have bought a couple of tickets but didn't even think about it this time. No f***ing way.
So how would you explain his very succesful February UK Tour then? He hadn’t spouted political ideas up till then?
I think it is just too much too soon!

Totally agree!:rock:

So how would you explain his very succesful February UK Tour then? He hadn’t spouted political ideas up till then?

Well, he went a step further and openly endorsed a party which is comprised of ex-BNP members. People having their own private views, that's absolutely fine, but openly endorsing and urging people to vote for a party which is the antithesis of liberal democratic values? f*** that.

Well, he went a step further and openly endorsed a party which is comprised of ex-BNP members. People having their own private views, that's absolutely fine, but openly endorsing and urging people to vote for a party which is the antithesis of liberal democratic values? f*** that.

Oh, and many of us bought tickets and LIHS BEFORE the famous Spiegel interview, me included.

LOGISTICAL SECURITY ISSUES!!!:mask:

COMMIE FASCIST POLLOS VERY DANGEROUS CONGREGATING IN THE UK
LED by AYATOLLAH AL-LOSER SALAAAM HASLAAM and SOLOW LEADER SKINNY/SURFACE!!:screamcat::screamcat:

UK IN MOZ WATCH LIST UNTIL THE CLEAN UP the EXTREME POLLO ELEMENTS!!!:openmouth:

I hope the scum are happy.
Tour cancelled. Just received my refund .

Enjoy your "Hate Morrissey" gig, Haslam

You know that line about 'your royalties buy you luxuries, but, oh, the squalor of the mind'? Well, it's come to pass hasn't it?

His money has allowed him the isolation he so dreamed of on the way up, where he had to deal with many people. And now, his isolation, cosseted by people who only tell him what he wants to hear, has backfired, because he genuinely thought his thought process was the same as everyone else's, because no one told him it wasn't. His money has allowed him to become the person he always wanted to be before he had money - an immigrant-hating misanthrope.

But money changes everything, or does it? Do you think because this has hit his wallet hard, he'll change? Any recanting at this stage would be mere opportunist careerism - but, hey, why change the habits of a lifetime?

My God..I came so close to booking flights, hotels, time off work but finally decided ticket prices were prohibitively expensive/ridiculous. So gutted for other people who've lost out. My thoughts are with you

I was nearly going to get on a bus.

I think his views are definately a large part of it, though probably not the sole reason. I guess it's a combination of turn-offs:

• Too soon: most casual punters already got their fix seeing him on the UK tour a few months ago.
  • Too expensive: tickets mega pricey at around £80 mark with fees.
  • New album wasn't a huge hit with the general public
  • Dodgy right-wing comments turning a lot of people off
That only left super hardcore fans who either don't care about his political statement or agree with them, and have a lot of cash to spend. And it seems there's just not enough of them to fill venues of this size.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom