All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not 'postponed', it's completely cancelled. If they were just going to reschedule dates they wouldn't be issuing automatic ticket refunds.

My local venue had sixteen tickets remaining of three thousand last weekend.

LOGISTICAL SECURITY ISSUES!!!:mask:

COMMIE FASCIST POLLOS VERY DANGEROUS CONGREGATING IN THE UK
LED by AYATOLLAH AL-LOSER SALAAAM HASLAAM and SOLOW LEADER SKINNY/SURFACE!!:screamcat::screamcat:

UK IN MOZ WATCH LIST UNTIL THE CLEAN UP the EXTREME POLLO ELEMENTS!!!:openmouth:

Yeah, you tell them with your barely coherent answers. You're doing a great service for the vegan.cro SS collective buddy! :rock::crazy::catface:

YUmEs0D.jpg

Very depressing news indeed.
Firstly,M should have played the gigs and not given in.Poor show.

Secondly, I am sick to the back teeth of the intolerance of the left to allow other points of view.
What has happened to reasoned debate and argument?

These witch hunts (be it for "sexual harassment" or "racism")
are a VERY bad thing.

Sad day.
What a stupid comment. He's been ALLOWED his point of view, doofus. Not buying tickets to the concert of someone whom the global media will and does continue to quote on any given day of the week isn't exactly censorship, is it?

You know that line about 'your royalties buy you luxuries, but, oh, the squalor of the mind'? Well, it's come to pass hasn't it?

His money has allowed him the isolation he so dreamed of on the way up, where he had to deal with many people. And now, his isolation, cosseted by people who only tell him what he wants to hear, has backfired, because he genuinely thought his thought process was the same as everyone else's, because no one told him it wasn't. His money has allowed him to become the person he always wanted to be before he had money - an immigrant-hating misanthrope.

But money changes everything, or does it? Do you think because this has hit his wallet hard, he'll change? Any recanting at this stage would be mere opportunist careerism - but, hey, why change the habits of a lifetime?
No. For that he has to recognise that it's his fault, and I think he's pathologically incapable. He'll go down ranting.

Paradoxically, this is good news, folks, for those of us that want to see Morrissey continue his recording and touring career. He has hopefully now realised he can't just say anything he wants to with no consequence. He has offended a huge chunk of his core fan base. His political comments have been idiotic, offensive and ill thought out. He must now either avoid the world of politics and international affairs completely or go and educate himself it, and stop making utterly twattish statements e.g. using phrases such as the 'loony left' and telling the world that the only problems with Israel are that everyone else is jealous.

I suppose it depends on whether you want to see Europe, the cradle of modern civilisation, the continent of Shakespeare, Mozart, Voltaire, Goethe, turned into a sub-Saharan dump or not.

On balance I’m in the “not” camp.

'Official' repeats the statement:

20180629_193435.jpg

Image used as ? hasn't mastered privacy settings for sharing information with people.
FWD.

PROTECT YOURSELF!!!! SECURITY ISSUES!! YOUR INFO NOT SAFE FROM SKINNY/SURFACE/CHESWICK!!!!:straightface:

:tears:

THEY ARE FASCIST COMMIE ISLAMIC POLLOS AND WILL SCARE PEEPS FROM DOING CONCERTS !!!!:gun:
SKINNY/SURFACE CHESWICK AYATOLLAH HASALAAM.
THEY CONTROL SOLOW!!doh:
BE CAREFUL BE VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL:pray:

Very depressing news indeed.
Firstly,M should have played the gigs and not given in.Poor show.

Secondly, I am sick to the back teeth of the intolerance of the left to allow other points of view.
What has happened to reasoned debate and argument?

These witch hunts (be it for "sexual harassment" or "racism")
are a VERY bad thing.

Sad day.
He may not have had the option if the numbers didn't stack up. Presumably there's a point where a gig becomes viable, offsetting costs against ticket sales. If the sales weren't hitting that point, he would have no choice but to cancel.

Does he mean logistical issues for the people he expected to turn up. Not one gig was sold out either standing or seated. He’s f***ed up big time spouting his shit that is completely out of touch with what most people think.

It’s also made Vegan Cro look like a bigger prick than he already is, after all his posts about the gigs being sold out, the troll wanker.
And yet you are still here, sounding more like skinny with every day that passes

He may not have had the option if the numbers didn't stack up. Presumably there's a point where a gig becomes viable, offsetting costs against ticket sales. If the sales weren't hitting that point, he would have no choice but to cancel.

I can imagine some of it was probably pressure from the venues as well. Why they want to pay someone who can't fill relatively small venues? They'd have to pay for staffing costs, electricity, cleaning, and they rely heavily on making money at the bar, which they may not have been able to do if they just aren't selling enough tickets. Having Morrissey play just isn't financially viable like it used to be.

I can imagine some of it was probably pressure from the venues as well. Why they want to pay someone who can't fill relatively small venues? They'd have to pay for staffing costs, electricity, cleaning, and they rely heavily on making money at the bar, which they may not have been able to do if they just aren't selling enough tickets. Having Morrissey play just isn't financially viable like it used to be.
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Surely the venue work out their total costs and charge the promoter accordingly. It's the promoter who has to take a hit if ticket sales are poor - hence the cancellation.

You misspelled " where the public haven't heard of Tommy Robinson" , you barrel scraping racist apologist.

They should free Tommy and throw your insane ass in the nick. You're a 50 year old man swearing and ranting every day on a forum for attention. It's pathetic. Go fix your car crash life, you joyless buffoon.

Not that he will care in the slightest, he really doesn’t give two f***s about his fans does he. But he has lost a long standing fan here. I’ve been seeing him live since 1992, I won’t be going to another.

Leeds was utter shit, the most miserable set list with thousands of middle aged swayers, I was hoping he’d redeem himself at castlefield bowl, such a perfect venue for him in his hometown. But he’s so far up he’s own arse that he can’t see that he’s systematically destroying any credibility he once had.

Sad times.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom